UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

I got the wolvie/omega red, and blink and sabertooth.---sorry no camara----sabertooth has just regular feet no boots.

Blink is pretty awesome, only problem being is that her green torso doesnt match well with her skirt and gloves.

But she is easily one of my favorite mates now...i don't know why but I just think she looks cool. :biggrin:

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the wolvie/omega red, and blink and sabertooth.---sorry no camara----sabertooth has just regular feet no boots.

Blink is pretty awesome, only problem being is that her green torso doesnt match well with her skirt and gloves.

But she is easily one of my favorite mates now...i don't know why but I just think she looks cool. :biggrin:

Did you find these in store or did you get them via TRU.com?

tru.com--they were on like for just a few minutes one morning as i got ready for work about 2-3 weeks ago-but those were the only 2 i was able to put in my cart. the morph pack went "out of stock" as i ordered the other 2. I've been checking everyday since and have never seen them come in stock again.

I was very happy though just to get the 2 sets i got.

she has magiks base, a quiver on her back thats attached to her collar thing that most all AOA mates have. she also has like a little thing that goes in her hand thats the same color of translucent pink her base is. i assumed its a charged up arrow or spear thing thats in her quiver.

sabertooths bulky chest peice doesnt quite squeeze together tight, you can only tell it from the side view otherwise hes a pretty nice mate too. his hair is kinda all feathered back into a ponytail thats goes down to about his waist line.

i wish i had a camara that worked decent...but with all these new things that keep coming out, its hard for a guy whose a complusive collector to save money for one! :blush:

Edited by mav-man

It is torture!!! I've been going into TRU so often they're beginning to wave and say "see you tomorrow!" as I exit.

I know how you feel :)

I called the other day and this is how my call went....

Store #1

Me: Hi, I was curious if I give you an item number will you be able to verify if you have it in stock?

Shawn-tel: Umm, what's the product?

Me: It's a figure line called minimates, specifically I'm looking for the wave 10 set.

Shawn-tel: Lemme transfo (no kidding "transfo") you.

5 minutes later

Mike: Yo this is Mike.

Me: Uh...Yo, I was waiting for someone to verify a product?

Mike: Yeah uh, one second.

Another 5 minute hold

Shawn-tel: How may I help you?

Me: Uh, you had me on hold to verify a product in stock?

Shawn-tel: Oh....<pause> <put on hold>....

Me: Ha...<click>

Store #2

Me: Hi, I was curious if I give you an item number will you be able to verify if you have it in stock?

Travis: Yes, shoot.

Me: Oh wow uh...646982

Travis: Wave 10 huh? Nah man, these are atleast a month and a half out, bummer too that Omega Red look's banging.

Me: Although your answer blows...you are amazing sir.

Travis: Yeah dude, I love minimates. Can I help you with anything else?

Me: Nope, thanks a ton.

So, a month out for me (Omaha, NE)...I don't care if I'm 25 I should have asked the dude to meet up and play toys together, man that would be a bangin day......err...

I used to try to call my nearest TRU. Usually, I would get put on hold for 10 minutes, then the same person that put me on hold would pick up and act as if they had never spoken to me before. The rest of the time, I got disconnected.

imo, calling has ALWAYS been a waste of time. especially when mighty muggs were popular. people always transfered me to the kitchen section.....like I was looking for coffee muggs. ugh....I just rather drive to places now. gets me out of the house and get to see all the new stuff out on shelves, even if I dont collect it. its fun to check it out.

and no sign of wave 10 here yet either. still lots of Thor hanging on the pegs. even the TRU exclusives.

Edited by Ninja Mate

imo, calling has ALWAYS been a waste of time. especially when mighty muggs were popular. people always transfered me to the kitchen section.....like I was looking for coffee muggs. ugh....I just rather drive to places now. gets me out of the house and get to see all the new stuff out on shelves, even if I dont collect it. its fun to check it out.

and no sign of wave 10 here yet either. still lots of Thor hanging on the pegs. even the TRU exclusives.

Likewise. All my TRU has are four (count 'em, 4!) Spider-Man/Lizard 2-packs, and a decent selection of Thor movie 'mates. C'mon, get some wave 10 'mates already, dang it!

They must be trying to get through the stock of wave 9. There's no way that was produced in as small of quantities as the sparse initial release suggested. I wouldn't be surprised if it really is another month before these start hitting.

:sad:

Yeah - i'm wondering if Wave 9 has had a somewhat staggered release. There's been talk of re-stocks a month or more after the initial release. Perhaps they shipped earlier than DST intended and they applied the brakes a bit?