UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the 'Time Machine' re-release is TRU flexing some muscle due to the T2 and MAX Jet peg-warmers?

As for the pssible Shatterstar variation, am I right in understanding that the base color of the plastic is what is different, not the actual paint/tampo details on the figure?

I wonder if the 'Time Machine' re-release is TRU flexing some muscle due to the T2 and MAX Jet peg-warmers?

As for the pssible Shatterstar variation, am I right in understanding that the base color of the plastic is what is different, not the actual paint/tampo details on the figure?

Correct. One of my Shatterstar mates has white molded legs with black paint, while the other has black molded legs with white paint on them. I'd show them, but sadly have no working camera at the moment.

I wonder if it has to do with different batches. My TRU got wave 9 way back when they were first spotted and here a couple weeks go another new batch...

I havnt seen anything MAX on the shelves for months now. The T2's are clearanced to $10, so I dont see why they would spend more money to make not very much money on clearanced peg warmers.

I think the BTTF delorean re-release is related to the BTTF 25 anniv. box set.

Yeah, the wonky distribution for wave 9 and the delay on wave 10 has been a little weird. It makes me wonder if:

1) the all-exclusive wave 8 was really overbought, and created a backlog in their warehouses they needed to get rid of before any new stuff could be stocked, or

2) they're on to the fact that we're on to the "six week rule" for the preview-photos-to-stocked timeline, and are mixing it up a bit to keep us guessing (and making trips to the store...)

---edit---

I suppose there's also a possibility that they're trying to spread out the releases a bit, with the Thor stuff starting to hit. They need to keep everyone on the hook for easter basket purchases later in the month...

Edited by Lobsterman

Hopefully they didnt get swept away in the tsunami, earthquake aftermath, or now the radiation contamination in that area of the world where they are made. :(

that sounds like you're trying to be funny, if so... you're an absolute disgrace, and a mess of a human being... sort yourself out.

Hopefully they didnt get swept away in the tsunami, earthquake aftermath, or now the radiation contamination in that area of the world where they are made. :(

that sounds like you're trying to be funny, if so... you're an absolute disgrace, and a mess of a human being... sort yourself out.

Yeah, seriously not funny.

Yeah, seriously not funny.

hmmm-since when does a sad face mean humor? Is it not a possibility that something may have happened because of the recent events in that area of the world---if you found yourself thinking humor while reading my statement, you need to "sort yourself out" first.--- think things though and read slowly before you snap back....whos a mess?? i mean really...whos trying to be the one sounding funny here, mr. absolute disgrace..?

Edited by mav-man

you tried to be funny, entirely missed the mark... that's plain as day. On top of that, you cowardly tried and back out and turn it around... poor form.

back to the point... its very possible that us in the West will have to wait for a our plastic toys due to events in Japan, despite the fact they're made in China. Whether TrU wave 10 have been swept away or irradiated, I couldn't say for sure.

you tried to be funny, entirely missed the mark... that's plain as day. On top of that, you cowardly tried and back out and turn it around... poor form.

back to the point... its very possible that us in the West will have to wait for a our plastic toys due to events in Japan, despite the fact they're made in China. Whether TrU wave 10 have been swept away or irradiated, I couldn't say for sure.

really?? where was the humorous part? these events did happen and are happening. So I guess i don't see what your seeing.

As far as your last statement, is that not what i said without your little "humorous" pun about us in the west waiting for plastic--now whos still trying to be funny?

Edited by mav-man

back to non finger pointing posts.

does anyone have loose pics of AOA sabertooth? I want to see how they did his pulled back ponytail.

moc847

And if DST gave him proper boots or if they kept the penny loafers we saw him wearing in the prototype pics.