UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

If you're around the Indianapolis area, I recommend the Castleton store. Ask for Jason. If it's articulated, he probably knows more than he should about it, even if he doesn't collect it himself. All he ever asks in return is that you fill out the little survey online and tell them he did a good job.

:lol:

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, if you're smart, get to know someone at your local TRU. There'll usually be at least one person at any given store who will know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Mind you, they might also be the one snapping it up before you get there, but this is the trade off for good info.

If you're around the Indianapolis area, I recommend the Castleton store. Ask for Jason. If it's articulated, he probably knows more than he should about it, even if he doesn't collect it himself. All he ever asks in return is that you fill out the little survey online and tell them he did a good job.

I highly recommend this advice. Particularly the part about asking for Jason. Every TRU needs a Jason.

i used to be that guy when i worked at tru a few years back. now i just know the staff, that's why they actually look for me rather than take a small break in the backroom and come out empty handed.

i used to be that guy when i worked at tru a few years back. now i just know the staff, that's why they actually look for me rather than take a small break in the backroom and come out empty handed.

Same here, it's funny since I can usually find the stuff quicker if they just log in and let me go through the SIS and ASGARD system.

Or, if you're smart, get to know someone at your local TRU. There'll usually be at least one person at any given store who will know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Mind you, they might also be the one snapping it up before you get there, but this is the trade off for good info.

I highly recommend this advice. Particularly the part about asking for Jason. Every TRU needs a Jason.

GROUNDHOG!

Same here, it's funny since I can usually find the stuff quicker if they just log in and let me go through the SIS and ASGARD system.

It's amazing how many people I work with who don't know ASGARD exists.

It's amazing how many people I work with who don't know ASGARD exists.

I can attest to this. A few months ago I was in your store and asked someone if they had Minimates. Instead of checking the store computer, she looked on-line at tru.com instead.

LMAO!

I can attest to this. A few months ago I was in your store and asked someone if they had Minimates. Instead of checking the store computer, she looked on-line at tru.com instead.

Actually... fun fact: Our in-store inventory system has one of the most precise search features I've ever seen. Couple that with the fact that many items are listed under strange names (or simple variations/abbreviations/whatever) and it's VERY difficult to search. Marvel Universe figures, for instance, are listed as "Marvel Univer Se." Type it without the space between the "r" and the "s" and you'll get zero hits returned. But... why would you EVER think to try spelling it like that.

SO... we often use the website to do a search, then get the item number from the web page, then enter that item number into SIS to check current store inventory.

ASGARD is the old program that will show us a snapshot of the district. It's usually less accurate than SIS when it comes to actual store inventories, but... if it shows zero in a store, that's usually a safe bet, and ASGARD will show you warehouse inventory, so you know if there's even any product for the store to receive.

Hear endeth the lesson

• 2 weeks later...

But I didn't see anyone talking about the release date, is there a verdict on that? I know a lot of people are still trying to hunt down wave 9 but to be honest, I know 9 was out at my local TRU right before or at least the day after Christmas... I really don't want to miss the 10 spot. Any news around the campfire? AOA rules, so...

But I didn't see anyone talking about the release date, is there a verdict on that? I know a lot of people are still trying to hunt down wave 9 but to be honest, I know 9 was out at my local TRU right before or at least the day after Christmas... I really don't want to miss the 10 spot. Any news around the campfire? AOA rules, so...

The general rule of thumb is that we can expect to see product in stores 6-8 weeks after they show the final packaged products on the website. Sometimes though, in the case of the Halo Army Builders, they don't reveal the package art on the website and we just have to go by Diamond's shipping dates (for LCS releases) or people finding them in stores (in the case of TRU).

In the case of TRU Wave 10, DST hasn't shown the final packaging yet, so we are talking late March/Early April at the earliest.

Today I finally found all of wave 9 (in Houston). Now I can start saving my nickles for wave 10.

I wish TRU would put all the minimates in one section. I have to check 3 to 4 different areas to find 'em. You have to check The Iron Man section, the Spiderman area, the misc DC Super hero section and the universal monster/battlestar/ghostbuster section. Maybe this should be in a new topic thread. But right when I think I have an idea it was posted many moons ago. Better play it safe. :P

^ Yeah, that gets annoying.

The TRU near me has people who know what they're doing and always stock their minimates in their "collector" aisle except the one time there were some on the things near the register lanes with the trading cards.

But when I was able to hunt down wave 9 I had called and they held the 2 exclusives for me. I was looking for the Wolvie/Mag set but couldn't find it. When the guy brought out the 2 he held I asked him where the rest were since I didn't see them. They were over near the ironman aisle, but actually right in the the Batman Brave and the Bold stuff. I totally overlooked them.

I can't wait for wave 10. I hope its not as stressful as 9.

These are going to come out at the same time as the movie Toys'r'us Thor wave aren't they....

I bet it's going to be like the Heroic Age/Cap through the Ages or Halo/Wave 9 were they *should* hit at the same time yet actually be a couple weeks apart just so it's more annoying to find one and not the other.

Yeah that was my issue with collecting minimates in the first place, I wasn't sure if I'd really like them... Now I'm totally kicking my own ass for not buying the Silver Surfer/Swordsman... My TRU had a huge selection of older MM up until a month ago when someone in my area started collecting these the same time I did. Now it's buy first ask questions later :P

Nemesis is going to be the hot commodity in this assortment guaranteed.

I know, that nemesis they made got the clear treatment!!!

I've noticed most toy collectors like clear toys, regardless of what they know about the actual character, and if you do know about nemesis it just adds fuel to the "I got to have him" fire.

Nemesis is going to be the hot commodity in this assortment guaranteed.

I know, that nemesis they made got the clear treatment!!!

I've noticed most toy collectors like clear toys, regardless of what they know about the actual character, and if you do know about nemesis it just adds fuel to the "I got to have him" fire.

I wonder what Extra's will come with the Morph/Nem set. I would love an extra Sabertooth head and some lady deathstrike claws to make his "Wild Child" look from AOA x-men 11.