UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By saying Spider-Man is IN.... my logic concludes that Hulk ,Wolverine, Cap ,Thor ,Iron Man & all the other big-hitters are OUT. If they are out then I'm inclined to believe we'll get a bunch of random 'mates in this wave & my gut tells me it may be villain orientated with perhaps a re-do of Rhino or Chameleon. We must be getting a traditional Nick Fury & we've had too many WW2 styled Minimates not to get a Sgt.Fury soon.

I'll get hammered for saying it but it is about time we got a totally brilliant LCS Marvel wave .

That proves again that I know diddly :D

.....it is still about time we got a totally brilliant LCS Marvel Wave.

Would it be better than another red/blue Spidey? Hard to say...

Not for me. My answer is "no." Even if we had 10,000 red and blue Spideys, I would still want more before. . .whatever that is. Hideous.

The Marcos Martin cover is beautiful, though, even if the armor is fugly. Still looks better then what the Blink, Morph, and Sabretooth Minimates are wearing.

Wow we need itleast a couple new characters in the wave- fingers crossed -saving the best for last i hope!!

Wow we need itleast a couple new characters in the wave- fingers crossed -saving the best for last i hope!!

Me too. Because so far this is seeming like a real ho-hum line up. For a TRU wave or mass market boxed set, sure. But all these "regulars" in a comic shop series? Harumph.

right-im always optomistic when i here the same old names over and over but lately they have been coming at us rather quickly and optimism has been knocked down a couple pegs,so hopfully they will be good variants, but i freakin love getting new characters like everyone else.all i can hope for is, that is what is being saved for last- i hate to say wave 39 and now 40 thus far are not heart pumpin like what i look forward to.i love that rush i get like when i saw omega red yesterday im hoping we get that rush in this wave!!

Either that or A Rescue minimate...ooooh give me a rescue minimate Puuuurrrrllleaaaase DST.

Sweet Zombie Jesus! I hadn't thought of Rescue! I would be VERY happily surprised if the 'IronMan' figure was Pepper in uniform :)

Either that or A Rescue minimate...ooooh give me a rescue minimate Puuuurrrrllleaaaase DST.

I'd love a Rescue Minimate. But I don't see it happening this wave because we're getting:

Thorbuster?

We know Destroyer is in the Thor movie, and he seems like a shoo-in for Thor Movie-mates. Little repaint, slightly different tampo artwork - bam! Iron Man Minimate that ties into one of the two big Marvel movies this year. (Now watch it be a Iron Man Cap armor just to spite me)

The Marcos Martin cover is beautiful, though, even if the armor is fugly.

And that sums up my opinion of the new Spider-Man armor exactly.

Thorbuster?

We know Destroyer is in the Thor movie, and he seems like a shoo-in for Thor Movie-mates. Little repaint, slightly different tampo artwork - bam! Iron Man Minimate that ties into one of the two big Marvel movies this year. (Now watch it be a Iron Man Cap armor just to spite me)

The new Thor movie wave reveal makes the Thorbuster armor seem more than likely.

Thorbuster?

The new Thor movie wave reveal makes the Thorbuster armor seem more than likely.

Yeah, and I can live with that-- if he comes with the Wrecker!

I don't know if it's related to this or not, but Chuck posted on Twitter the word 'Nimrod!'. Could it be the next figure in this wave? Could it be he saw Luke's custom's recently and was impressed enough to make one fit in the new line-up (or decided to sue Luke)? Could he just be name-calling (I did take it a little personally)? Only time will tell.

I bet it isn't related to Minimates. Wouldn't fit with the Hulk/Spidey/Iron Man/Green Goblin wave very well, IMO. Not a Thor villain that I'm aware of. Doubt he's moving on to the inevitable 80s X-Men wave given all the other announcements going on (that would, of course, include Longshot, Dazzler, alternate 80s Colossus design, and 80s Rogue).

so will it be good old white/pink nimrod or the nimrod series sentinel? I'm definitely hoping for classic nimrod, which would make him one of the non-army builder figures.

So what's left for X-men army builders? Another version of a sentinel? Brood alien?

And what could they switch out with Nimrod? With all the other major characters in this wave I'm guessing a wolverine variant (Weapon X w bucket helmet, hoses, etc would be nice)

So what's left for X-men army builders? Another version of a sentinel? Brood alien?

Given some of the ghosts they've done for the GB line, they could totally pull off a Brood Minimate and it would ROCK!

They could do a Purifiers army builder... and the Hulkbuster armor could be tweaked ever-so-slightly and be used for the armored, smiley-faced soldiers of The RIGHT.

A generic Acolyte of Magneto could be fun and you could include a couple of different head/face options like they did with the Secret Invasion Skrulls to create different recognizable Acolytes like with the New Mutants costumes. If there was a standard male and female version with 2-3 head/hair options, you could easily create Fabian Cortez, Chrome, Rem-Ram and/or Vindaloo for the guys plus Scanner, Unuscione, Static or Cargill for the ladies.

Along these lines, you could do a Hellions army builder with alternate heads for Jetstream/Empath/Thunderbird and Tarot/Roulette/Catseye... rather than extra accessories, you pack in an extra head or two and hairpieces. You could even use the double-faced thing for several of these.

Could be affordable paired with a complete parts reuse figure?

Edited by Binaryan

Genosha Mutates looked pretty standard and uniform

Phallanx can be one as well, especially with that Warlock fig coming but the Annihilation Conquest style could fit in with the Nova and Gammora mates that came out, but so could Shiar troops.

Kind of off topic now, but I was wandering around the toy stores tonight, cursing all the Marvel Universe Iron Man figures. There's only one I would buy, and it was the only one I didn't see tonight: Iron Man 2020. And that got me to thinking that I'd like to get him as a Minimate, and that got me to thinking about how Iron Man 2020/Machine Man would make a natural pairing, so... what do you guys say? Iron Man 2020/Machine Man? Maybe?