UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

I'd love an updated Abomination or an A-Bomb, or a Doc Samson or even (a comic version of) Betty or General Ross, or an updated She Hulk... but I get the sinking suspicion it won't be any of those, and instead we'll be getting another Red Hulk >_>

and with the Thor movie gearing up, is anyone afraid of us seeing this as the next Spidey minimate?

453099-ma__spider_man_40__page_14_by_dav

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it will be a bulked-up A-Bomb. Which as someone stated earlier, DST can easily modify into a bulked-up Abomination for a later release.

So which other main Marvel group will the third set be from? Thor? Cap? Iron Man? X-Men? Avengers?

Edited by fwoosheyman

this does sound like its gonna be a "get new fans interested" wave, meaning generic characters. so far we know

spiderman/greengoblin

hulk/???

???/???

???/???

im guessing a famous hulk villian will be packed with him like the leader(i havnt heard him mentioned) or (PLEASE) M.O.D.O.K.

as for the last pack its got to have an army builder so it could be a thor variation with frost giants or stone men as the army builders with beta ray bill being the variant

personally im hoping its another ironman or cap with super adaptoid spawns as the army builders

this does sound like its gonna be a "get new fans interested" wave, meaning generic characters. so far we know

spiderman/greengoblin

hulk/???

???/???

???/???

im guessing a famous hulk villian will be packed with him like the leader(i havnt heard him mentioned) or (PLEASE) M.O.D.O.K.

as for the last pack its got to have an army builder so it could be a thor variation with frost giants or stone men as the army builders with beta ray bill being the variant

personally im hoping its another ironman or cap with super adaptoid spawns as the army builders

If this is a "reboot" Marvel wave, I'd say it's a great time for Super Soldier Steve Rogers and a SHIELD army builder!

spiderman/greengoblin

hulk/???

???/???

???/???

The good ol' green Super Adaptoid would be cool!

Next hint from Chuck:

Next series 40 hint/News - Iron Man, you had to know I could not go TOO long without an Iron Man - the new Spider-Man of MM.

So my guess, it'll be the new armor, rehashed from the modern age pack?

Well we haven't had a remade Stealth yet either.

Either that or A Rescue minimate...ooooh give me a rescue minimate Puuuurrrrllleaaaase DST.

T.

p.s. anyone want to take bets the last pack has some sort of wolverine in it?

I wonder if they would repack the new armor in a 2-pack so soon after having him in a 4-pack? I guess there's no real reason not to; all three of the others in that set have been available in LCS waves.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the characters that would most likely appeal to hard-core collectors are showing up as TRU exclusives (where you'd think they'd be targeting casual buyers) while the "newbie" and casual interest characters are going more and more to specialty waves (where you'd think they'd be targeting the dedicated collector). I understand why: TRU = bigger budget = more new pieces = cooler new characters. It's just funny that the audience who wants those new characters most if being forced into a new buying pattern to get them. Obviously TRU likes this fact. I wonder if LCSs are on board with this strategy, too, though; Minimates are seeing declining sales in specialty stores, so they're asking for a mix that will appeal to more causal buyers to salvage the line.

BHM, can we have the official count? Looks like odds are very high for number 1000 to be Spider Man, Iron Man or Hulk...

Mandroids packed with Iron Man seem like the best fit for an army builder considering who has been revealed so far. Although I could also see them doing some classic SHIELD soldiers this time around.

Mandroid armor worn by shield soldiers is comic accurate, just saying... ;)

T.

If Hulk came with the army builder, then that would be a good opportunity for Gray Hulk variant :buttrock:

Mandroid armor worn by shield soldiers is comic accurate, just saying... ;)

T.

Surely DST is too savvy than to release these 2 together.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the characters that would most likely appeal to hard-core collectors are showing up as TRU exclusives (where you'd think they'd be targeting casual buyers) while the "newbie" and casual interest characters are going more and more to specialty waves (where you'd think they'd be targeting the dedicated collector). I understand why: TRU = bigger budget = more new pieces = cooler new characters. It's just funny that the audience who wants those new characters most if being forced into a new buying pattern to get them. Obviously TRU likes this fact. I wonder if LCSs are on board with this strategy, too, though; Minimates are seeing declining sales in specialty stores, so they're asking for a mix that will appeal to more causal buyers to salvage the line.

Yeah, I think this is a strategy to boost sales at comic book shops, and not a great one either. Remember that Diamond's sales figures aren't based on what we buy, but what comic book shops buy; therefore, a set that includes the big guns is much more likely to appeal to a guy placing orders, even if it's less likely to sell through to hardcore Minimate fans. As I've mentioned here in the past, my LCBS has stopped ordering every Minimate wave, picking and choosing which ones they think will sell through. I bet a lot of others are doing that as well, because, after 40 waves, most stores still have a good amount of backstock hanging around.

Anyway, I'm betting that we are going to see the Iron Man and Spidey from the Heroic Age box set. Which is a total let-down, and is really a bait-and-switch move by DST if that's the case. Between this and those ugly minor X-characters at TRU, this is personally the worst cumulative set of Minimate reveals I can ever remember.