UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the new boxes - very colorful, energetic graphics. And the new widescreen display window is nice too. But I really wish they had redesigned the trays inside the package as well. Right now the Minimates are off to the sides and still halfway covered, leaving the big open display area in the middle to show off hairpieces or other accessories, or worse, empty space. If you're going to open up the space, you might as well use it right.

I have to agree, Boyd. I think the brighter colors and cool shape of the card are a big improvement, but the window cuts should have been thought out better. They seem to be showing off not much figure and a whole lot of poster...

Interesting also that they seem to have left off any mention of one of the sets being a variant.

I think they missed a great opportunity with the Silver Iron Man in this wave.. it was the perfect time to recast that hand piece and make the first minimate that is flipping the bird.

• 2 weeks later...

August 3rd was from DST's "estimated ship date" blog post right? Because those things are always pretty optimistic -- I think that one said the First Class box set was coming out in June and the Curse of the Mutants set in July.

BBTS have Wave 41 listed as arriving in September, who knows if that's more accurate though.

So that's you finished, then, Ness? All your Minimate hopes and dreams finally fulfilled, and you can retire from the hobby in peace? ;)

Nessex, will you be retiring your avatar after Sinister is in your posession?

So that's you finished, then, Ness? All your Minimate hopes and dreams finally fulfilled, and you can retire from the hobby in peace? ;)

That's it! I'm done! (j/k). Seriously though, It's been a pretty good 12 months for this little x-fan. Still - there's always the Brothehood ;)
Nessex, will you be retiring your avatar after Sinister is in your posession?
Hmmmm - might switch it to AoA Sinister for a while & then head back to some comic images after that. I really don't know what i'll do with myself once i have Sinister in hand.

I guess now that i have Sinister, Meggan and most of my AoA wants - i can start campaigning for other peoples wants. So i'm offering my services to the highest bigger.

Team Falcon or Team Kang??? :P