UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

Ok bit confused Nimrod is Army Builder?

wasn't there only one of him in the comics?

He was a basically a Sentinel from the future (so there might've been more of them in that future, I'm not sure), but yeah, only one came back in time and was in the comics I think. There were a bunch of Nimrods in the recent Second Coming crossover, however, but they looked totally different.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a basically a Sentinel from the future (so there might've been more of them in that future, I'm not sure), but yeah, only one came back in time and was in the comics I think. There were a bunch of Nimrods in the recent Second Coming crossover, however, but they looked totally different.

Shouldn't Nimrod be pink?

I sure hope they don't Cheap-Ass* their way out of that Hulk like they did with the Thing that just came out.

*Replacing new parts with old parts that make the whole thing seem like it was phoned in at the last second to cut down costs.

I thought this was actually them listening to us because they changed the parts we didnt like like the hands and head.

The Hulk still sucks donkey penis. However I like that Goblin (and I also like how they are reproducing a classic cover with him and Parker.) and I LOVE Sinister. Iron Man I can do without which saves me from getting Hulk. Nimrod is just such a badass looking creature that, even though I know nothing about him in the comics, I will be able to do something with him. I'll have to. He just looks too damn cool to disregard.

Now I wonder if they're gonna bring back the Pumpkin Bomb hand for Goblin. They probably should...

Shouldn't Nimrod be pink?

There have been a few Nimrod's over the history of the comics - but they have never really all been assembled in one place together (with the exception of the recend Second Coming story, but as early mentioned, they were a different model of Nimrod)

Nimrod was always white/silvery-white in the comics with a pink face & chest triangle. I think he was often shown as having pink highlights/reflections in his armour to make him more visually interesting on the comic page & give him more definition.

These pictures please Nessex greatly . . . .

I sure hope they don't Cheap-Ass* their way out of that Hulk like they did with the Thing that just came out.

*Replacing new parts with old parts that make the whole thing seem like it was phoned in at the last second to cut down costs.

I thought this was actually them listening to us because they changed the parts we didnt like like the hands and head.

The hands aren't so big of a problem until you look at the Trenchcoat Thing which has the same type of hands, so they don't match up next to each other.

The head is a problem because the painted plastic of the head/face doesn't match up with the hair-piece color.

Crap-ass lookin'.

• 3 months later...

More I see Sinister the more I like him. I hope I can find him separate from Marshmallow Hulk and First App Iron Man. More I see those two the less I like them... But Sinister is rather badass looking and I REALLY like the Goblin/Spider-Man pack... But not the way they packaged it. Him with that mask on just loses the effect of, first off, having Unmasked Spider-Man, and second off having the distinct look from that issue. He is appealing without the mask which I think they should have just left off of him completely. However that goblin still does, and always will, kick some ass. I'm glad he'll be available from TRU.

Like the new packaging a lot.

Still not sold on Nimord as an army builder, but that's a matter of my age more than anything else. To me Nimrod is/was a singular character and total bad4$$ Sentinel... pink blast it!

And if someone wants to buy/trade an AoA Essex off me, drop me a line.

The rest look cool to me.

I like the design if the new packaging, but aren't the boxes a little... large? I know the current boxes have room around the mate for accessories and such, but this seems lime they could almost get four mates in the box. And still have room.

Just thinking about sustainable practices. Hopefully they will start using recyclable plastic (with symbols) like Mattel has started to do.

These still look awesome!

I like the design if the new packaging, but aren't the boxes a little... large?

I think it's an optical illusion caused by the top being open too, so your's seeing the accessory space and the dead space at the top which from this angle looks like open space.

the tray doesn't really look any different. I'm comparing the set to one of the other packaged photos and proportionally the figures appear to be in the same place and the box the same width. So it's probably got the same footprint just a new cardboard covering to look more eyecatching for the folks walking by at TRU.

I like this box, I want this wave...

they will start using recyclable plastic (with symbols) like Mattel has started to do.
If we are going to see a price hike, THIS is where i'd like to see some of that money going :thumbsup:

I'd rather not have the price hike. Why not just save me a step and sell them loose in little ziplock bags? :rolleyes: