UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

Nice set of reveals so far.

I still say that Jean Grey hairpiece is Medusa-esque. Quibbles over the length aside, the shape is just too reminiscent of her War Of Kings-era look.

Otherwise the Capcom mates, Misters Sinister and tied-up Spidey are pretty nifty. I'm also surprised at us getting another Psylocke so soon, and one of her cheesiest looks to boot! And, uh, I'd be happy to take anybody's Morrigans off their hands ;)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was previously announced (at one of the convetions, I believe) that Fantomex would be a TRU exclusive. I would guess that we're getting Psylocke with him?

I can't see that set as a four-pack, unless they're going to drop Mr. Negative for Arcade (they're both in white suits! Do it DST!)

Other thoughts:

- New Goblin & Spidey look great! Nice tribute to the Romita artwork.

- Bulky Hulk does not work without making the head proportional as well.

- First Appearance Iron Man is not necessary, but all right.

- The MvC figures look nice. Deadpool looks good without the slip-on mask. Kinda like the Iron Man with the Iron Patriot chest piece as well.

- Does the Super-Skrull's stretched out arm have a joint in it?

- It's a race between the Vampire box set and the X-Men First Class box set on how little enthusiasm I have for them.

- Age of X box set also seems a little premature. But if Diamond is doing box set on recent events, we should totally expect a Fear Itself or Fantastic Three box set soon.

- Psylocke is nice, but now we really need Longshot and Dazzler.

Edited by boyd

That MVC3 Wolvie has a fugly mask on par with the recent brown Wolvie. Bleh. Lots of cool looking stuff here, but lots of it I don't recognize and have no interest in.

Agreed, I also think it's a hideous mask. On the plus side, there's a second version of Wolverine with (what I think is) the wave 28 mask:

toy_fair_20110213_1135647064.jpg

WOOHOO! Is that a new Blade I see?!?!?!

I was wondering if that's what I was seeing. if so, it's a beautiful mate, isn't it? :)

some of these look really good

but for those that don't... lets not forget they're almost entirely prototypes, and will change a fair amount come final releases. I've no doubt that Hulk will get sorted the way Thing did.

Some really great minimates (Goblin w Peter, Sinister(s), Nimrod)

One really bad minimate (Bulk Hulk)

And a lot of choices that seem really weird to me (1st Appearance Iron Man, Betsy Braddock (again??? come on!!), X-Men First Class, X-Men vs Vampires and Age of X boxsets)

Where's some Thor and Captain America comic based boxsets??

Edited by fwoosheyman

That would be Vampire Jubilee and Dracula, from the recent Curse of the Mutants storyline.

Who are the other 2 mates in the shot with Blade and Wolverine? And is that Nightcrawler the same one that will be included in the Excalibur boxed set?

That would be Vampire Jubilee and Dracula, from the recent Curse of the Mutants storyline.

Who are the other 2 mates in the shot with Blade and Wolverine? And is that Nightcrawler the same one that will be included in the Excalibur boxed set?

Jubilee is a VAMPIRE now?! And since when does Dracula wear body armor and fancy white hair? Weird!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The guy with the white hair is Dracula and I think the female is Jubilee from the X-men Vampire story line.

I think I must be alone in liking the first class boxset. My main reason is that it will give ppl acess to a set a wings to bash together an Angel from the Classic set. No beast prob means TRU two pack and it will be Beastgate this time.

I forgot to add that I think that Spidey/Goblin pack is awesome. No, AWESOME!

Ooookay then. No Kang, or Wrecking Crew, or Nighthawk/Hellcat 2-pack ( :D ), but we get freakin' Vampire Jubilee and "Dracula" that looks like some generic 90s X-Men villain. Wonderful.

And surely you guys knew this Hulk was coming after the recent Things. Of course it sucks, but we should have all seen it coming a mile away :)

I've already got the definitive Hulk in my Defenders version, but you can't fault DST for trying to give folks enough different versions that they can pick their own. . .or create their own best FrankenHulk from the parts of the various existing figures.

Edited by karamazov80

Jubilee is a VAMPIRE now?! And since when does Dracula wear body armor and fancy red armor? Weird!

He got tired of being stabbed in the chest all of the time. I guess it got annoying so he was finally proactive.

Mr. Sinister is the stand-out for Wave 40!

I'd agree if it weren't for that Goblin/Spidey set. That so far is pretty easily the best set of the year, and is definitely a stand-out in the Marvel series as a whole. Wonderful set. Sinister does kick ass too.

And, uh, I'd be happy to take anybody's Morrigans off their hands ;)

You can take mine. Which one is Morrigan?

For the most part, I've got about zero interest in the Capcom Minimates. The Marvel counterparts, however, I will be picking up. Psylocke is a kind of a weird choice, especially in that fairly bland suit. I like that not one but two Astonishing Wolverines are on display. I almost hate to say it, but if it weren't for that Wolverine, I'd probably pass on the vampire set. X-Men first class... hopefully we won't be dealing with Beastgate this year. Now, that Bulk... ugliest 'Mate ever?

I really don't want to be 'that guy', but I'm really disappointed in series 40 (is that right?). With all the character variants they could choose from, we get MORE silver age stuff. The Mr. Sinister/Nimord set aside (which looks fantastic!), I just feel really let down.

Why ANOTHER classic Iron Man? Four not enough? Why not change it up with an Iron Man 2020 or another Themed suit? And why is it we have three versions of the Green Goblin, but they all look the same? I was really hoping that this Goblin was going to reflect his newer, post-2000 look.

Sigh.

And then that new wave seems like a bunch of left overs. I assume the two left over spots are for a new dud Spider-Man and a Wolverine of some kind. Double sigh.

I'm impressed with most of the MVC3 though. even if I won't get most of them.

Why ANOTHER classic Iron Man? Four not enough? Why not change it up with an Iron Man 2020 or another Themed suit? And why is it we have three versions of the Green Goblin, but they all look the same? I was really hoping that this Goblin was going to reflect his newer, post-2000 look.

He looks very similar to this. I'm sure it is a slightly different model, but dang. Who was clamoring for this one? I guess DST does eventually want to release every single Iron Man incarnation from the comics.

Edited by karamazov80