UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

Has anyone considered that this might be the Nimrod we're getting?

no . . . . no i have not considered that . . . :P

and since i don't really know who that nimrod is, i'm hoping for one of these two:

250px-Nimrodxmen.PNG

or

1161789-148_x_men_legacy_237_finch_varia

(my preference being the top one)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly though Ive never had a too much of a hard time finding Mates at retail. I've found several Hulkbusters as well as Bullseyes and a bunch of other stuff people couldn't find. I guess its just the area I live in.

Fantasy Island?

Close... New Jersey. I suppose living in the most densely populated state in the U.S. as well as the state TRU is headquartered in has its perks.

Has anyone considered that this might be the Nimrod we're getting?

no . . . . no i have not considered that . . . :P

and since i don't really know who that nimrod is, i'm hoping for one of these two:

250px-Nimrodxmen.PNG

If it is that Nimrod, it does have a very similar look to the TRU wave 10 Nemesis and wouldn't be too hard for DST to tweak with the parts.

And please excuse my crappy photoshop skills...

post-1597-1293148830_thumb.png

post-1597-1293148857_thumb.jpg

If it is that Nimrod, it does have a very similar look to the TRU wave 10 Nemesis and wouldn't be too hard for DST to tweak with the parts.

And please excuse my crappy photoshop skills...

post-1597-1293148857_thumb.jpg

Hmmm - not a bad mock-up, mate!

Although, i do hope we see more original sculpting on Nimrod (if he even is coming) as he was always shown as smooth and without much outer detail. Flat surfaces etc . . .

For that matter - i'm even a bit bummed that Holocaust is getting HBIM's legs, as his containment suit didn't really look like that n the comics. His blast fist thing also had holes where the energy was released rather than the raised lumps that are shown on the Prototype. Still - i'm glad that we are getting him at all - beggars can't be choosers :P

EDIT: His lower half was a good deal slimer than his top half in Joe Mad's art - so i might take his over-boots off & just leave him with regular legs & feet. Problem Silved :)

Edited by Nessex

Nimrod sure makes me want other much needed X-Men, like Longshot, green and white Rogue, Forge, Colossus in his all-red costume and even some of those pesky Marauders.

Or more classic ones... Banshee, Sunfire, Toad, Mastermind, Mesmero and Mimic.

DST, listen to this man. Some of us like the 60s-80s Marvel comics period. Even more than the 1990s!

Believe it. . .or not.

Nimrod sure makes me want other much needed X-Men, like Longshot, green and white Rogue, Forge, Colossus in his all-red costume and even some of those pesky Marauders.

DST, listen to this man. Some of us like the 60s-80s Marvel comics period. Even more than the 1990s!

Believe it. . .or not.

See, it isn't that I don't like the X-Men guys. I don't JUST want Kang and Black Knight. But Age of Apocalypse just doesn't sink my battleship the same as some more complete (and long lasting) era's of X-Men.

And of course Dazzler needs to be made, the disco costume and the 80s Olivia Newton-John variant.

And of course Dazzler needs to be made, the disco costume and the 80s Olivia Newton-John variant.

I knew there was somebody I was forgetting!

I knew there was somebody I was forgetting!

what about pyro? destiny? spiral? mojo?

Honestly though Ive never had a too much of a hard time finding Mates at retail. I've found several Hulkbusters as well as Bullseyes and a bunch of other stuff people couldn't find. I guess its just the area I live in.

Fantasy Island?

Close... New Jersey. I suppose living in the most densely populated state in the U.S. as well as the state TRU is headquartered in has its perks.

Probably Y I cant find em lol. I'm pretty sure I bumped into you once in a toys r us but idk

When I look at the releases of minimates and see how some obscure characters or characters that haven't really been demanded have been released and it reminds me of how they are planning out the Masters of the Universe Classics line. They have said that they need to keep some of those highly demanded characters out of the lineup till later so that they can keep interest high as the line continues. Where minimates are doing really well (atleast it seems that way to me) they have to keep some of the characters that get mentioned over and over again here out of the lineup for a while to keep people wanting more!

So far the few great new characters released here and there have kept my interest high. For exampe Mr. Sinister in this wave, and Omega Red in the TRU wave 10 keep me anticipating these releases and looking forward to getting them.

So what you are saying is that we get the same figures over and over again. Well Spidey didn't show up in a wave from 31-36. Nope no Hulk's in there either. What I don't understand is why some fans seem to think that what they want should be more important that what others want. I'm a huge Spidey/Hulk fan and love when they get included in the waves. I'm not big on the X-men stuff, but you will never hear me gripe about when they get included. Here's something novel, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

It never ceases to amaze me that, we are so damn lucky to have a line of figures that has gone on for so long and keeps expanding, yet there are always people who will pick apart each wave and complain about it. Just sit back and enjoy the fact that we are getting figures made that probably have never been in figure form before. There are always more waves coming down the pipe people.

Did you even read or bother to think about what I said? I didn't make a single suggestion as to who I want, I really don't care, I simply want something new a little more often, and considering this wave has a lot of retreads, as does the comic wave before it with Daredevil, Elektra, Spider-Man and Iron Fist, and when you factor in that the Thor movie wave is half movie versions of characters we already have, I don't think I'm being unreasonable to wish that instead of a series with both Iron Man and Spider-Man when we just got a Spider-man in wave 38 that they stick to just Iron Man and free up that two pack for new characters. They still haven't finished the characters on that promo poster that came out in 2003, where's Toad? I never said that what I want is what should be, and I do admire your arrogance in stating that what I want is selfish but because you like it it's ok, great argument there.

I know I don't have to buy it, and here's a news flash for you, if I don't like it, I won't buy it. But is that really a great idea when you're dealing with a line marketed so heavily at collectors? To tell them not to buy it? I've been buying this line since series one, and will continue to do so, and I never even said they shouldn't have Spider-Man and Iron Man, I simply asked why they can't include them in the TRU waves and save the series slots for more unique characters which are far more likely to be seen by the general public than anything in a comic shop. They do include Wolverine and Spidey and the like in the TRU waves, but then they turn around and put them in the comic shop waves as well, how many do we need? How many do casual buyers buy? One, no parent is going to keep buying their children Spidey after Spidey over a pack with two new characters.

You said to just sit back and enjoy the fact that we're getting characters that have never been made before, and I do enjoy that, but I don't think it's unreasonable to prefer a wave feature more than two new characters out of six, and forgive me but I don't need to "feel lucky" that they're making them. Did I miss the part where they started giving these things away for free? I'm supposed to somehow be thankful that the new X-Force boxset features not one single new character even though they had Fantomex made and he'll probably pop up somewhere, but they felt that Wolverine in the SAME COSTUME he's already been released in made more sense? I enjoy their products, they enjoy my money, but I don't owe them my gratitude just for making them, they're not doing this out of charity.

All I wanted was them to show more restraint and instead of giving us yet another plain Spidey and GG, throw in Noir Spidey and Hammerhead, that's a pack I'd be excited about, but instead we're getting the same two that have been around since wave 2, but we're supposed to buy them yet again because they found a way to sneak in a Goblin Glider. I might pick it up if I buy the whole wave, but I can't help but think of the first all Avengers wave and how popular that was, and think that a wave full of popular in-demand characters would be a better call than the usual three-four retreads with one or two new characters thrown in. The casual buyer will likely never see this series unless they carry some over to TRU wave 11 or whatever, and the die hard collectors already have the characters ad nauseam, so who is this being marketed towards?

The all Iron Man wave: Three Iron Men, three brand new villains. I'm sure DST would argue this wave sold because of the Iron Men, but I doubt anyone cared beyond adding to their hall of armors about IM, they wanted the new guys. That's all I'm saying, stick to one big name if you must, but no wave should be more retreads than new characters this deep in the line, why create product that your audience already has?

When I look at the releases of minimates and see how some obscure characters or characters that haven't really been demanded have been released and it reminds me of how they are planning out the Masters of the Universe Classics line. They have said that they need to keep some of those highly demanded characters out of the lineup till later so that they can keep interest high as the line continues. Where minimates are doing really well (atleast it seems that way to me) they have to keep some of the characters that get mentioned over and over again here out of the lineup for a while to keep people wanting more!

So far the few great new characters released here and there have kept my interest high. For exampe Mr. Sinister in this wave, and Omega Red in the TRU wave 10 keep me anticipating these releases and looking forward to getting them.

What you say makes a lot of sense. The only problem is time and time again we see that this rational doesn't work. Just look at marvel legends, they are now pretty much dead in the water and we never got a complete 90's x-men (the only era they ever really worked on). DC Direct are also pretty good at never finishing teams. Minimates is doing better then these guys but I guess we all feel one day out of the blue minimates will be no more and out outback x-men will always be missing a couple of characters.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping the Iron Man is the Modern Heroic Age one - I skipped that pack but want the IM. Hopefully in a 2-pack with Rescue!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Modern Heroic Age pack had the exact figures of Spidey, Cap & Thor already released right? Or were these tweaked/improved versions?