UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

There'd need to be some kind of modification on the tail, I feel. Zabu has a furrier body than the Terror Dogs, which'd need to could be reflected with a few patches of slight sculpting on the existing Terror Dog body. That's just me, though.

Wow I didn't think my mention of Ka-Zar would raise such controversy, what about Lady Asbestos I think her changes of being a minimate are just as high.;)

She was voted one of the wierdest marvel characters.

http://www.time.com/...1919672,00.html

I agree with you that the tail does need to bee longer I think an orange lockjaw with a new head would work.

Zabu.gif

Edited by Scorpion

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Redwing from the MU line works well.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know Redwing was packed with Falcon when I saw him yesterday at TRU. Picked him up tonight just for Redwing. Not sure what I want to do with Falcon, though...

6055372114_d0258f5f2a.jpg

Yeah, I'd tie this back to the Wave 41 subject by having one of the new minimates in the pic instead of Angel but I don't have them yet. :( Man I love that iridescent-like Nimrod.

Edited by storm 1:08

IMG_0465.jpg

nimrod is shinny!

He sure is purtty. All shiny and stuff.

Still should be pinker.dry.gif

81769-187118-nimrod.png

Love the pix, keep them coming! :)

Mini_Myte's Goblin picture got me wondering, did we ever hear the 'official' reason as to why DST was finally able to provide the classic Goblin Glider? Did they classify it as a 'flight stand' instead of a 'vehicle' and Marvel was okay with that?

dst chuck said that the marvel contract changed and allowed them to make a glider.

Well, since I'm so not North Raider in the archivist department (and then, who is?), I can't find the quote from the chat two weeks ago. But basically Chuck stated that the licensing agreement comes up for review/renewal periodically so that what was taboo in an earlier agreement may not hold true today, which is why Chuck tries to avoid saying "never". I think that's legalese for "Yes we can make small vehicles now."

I didn't know you were bilingual! :biggrin: LDroome asked what I thought was the best question of the chat*:

LDroome

Given that Green Goblin will have a glider in an upcoming wave, was there a change in a licensing stipulation?

DSTchuck

We've had about 6 Marvel contracts since we started with them. That's one reason we never say never.

The addition of vehicles is one change. I guess the official height difference (2.0 to 2.5 inches) is another. Anywho, this wave looks great (jury is still out on MR Hulk, for me). Very pleased to have gotten shipping notice from Luke's this morning. I'll probably pick up an extra set of Spidey/Green Goblin. That is just a super duper uber well-conceived set. And as always, great pics, Eric!

*Disclaimer: I am not now nor have I ever been North Raider, associated with North Raider, and/or conspired with North Raider to facilitate, aide, abet, and/or otherwise assist in the frequent or infrequent cross-referencing, cataloging, and/or archiving of board postings, comments, statements, and/or other bulletin messages. No North Raiders were harmed in the posting of this quote.

Edited by Turtle

Well, since I'm so not North Raider in the archivist department (and then, who is?), I can't find the quote from the chat two weeks ago. But basically Chuck stated that the licensing agreement comes up for review/renewal periodically so that what was taboo in an earlier agreement may not hold true today, which is why Chuck tries to avoid saying "never". I think that's legalese for "Yes we can make small vehicles now."

I asked Chuck how many times have the Marvel license been renewed at SDCC and he had to think about it. From the beginning of Minimates, he said maybe around 6 times. And every time they renew the license, they keep asking about stuff like the Goblin Glider and they eventually said yes. And as said before, Marvel is very happy with the depth of Marvel Minimates. I think that might have been a factor.

LDroome asked what I thought was the best question of the chat*:

So you missed my brilliant question, then?

Hey, you should have picked a username that had more alphabetical power associated with it.

And I think TM2 asked the best chat question ever.

What was it?

I think I'm actually preferring the bowl cut on Hulk now... it just looks like it works.

Does anyone have a nice new group photos... original Avengers with Bulk? Apocalypse and the gang with Sinister? Bishop taking on Nimrod, etc?

Patience, my young friend. Sure the viceral rush of immediate gradification is hard to resist. But there's always that chance someone else will claim the one you want before you get there and you wil leave frustrated and empty handed. Better then, to wait, secure that what you want will come to you without you having to chase it.

Just sayin'.