UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What no one mentioned Ka-Zar he like the simplest character ever, that still not a minimate!
Well now they've figured out how to create animal forms, I'd say a Ka-Zar and Zabu pack are more likely now than they were just a few years ago.

Agreed. I'd be pretty keen to see Shanna get made too. A Savage land set with KaZar, Zabu, Shanna & Sauron would make me a particularly happy camper!

PS: Sorry Scorpion... i think i just over complicated your simple character a bit there. :P

All that's really needed is a new sabertooth head cap for Zabu. With the exception of the head all of Lockjaw's parts could be re-used. Sauron would require a new set of wings and a new head sculpt. Still, this is my "Wrecking Crew" or "Kang" holy grail set.

If Zabu is made, then Falcon's Redwing and a Frog-Thor must be made too. I want my Pet Avengers! And I've accepted the cat in the GB line as Hairball. But there's probably no hope for Ms. Lion. The MU Ms. Lion is my surrogate.

Anyway, almost tempted to buy the TRU repacks this evening, but passed for now... I'll wait to get the direct market versions with the new spiffy packaging.

If Zabu is made, then Falcon's Redwing and a Frog-Thor must be made too. I want my Pet Avengers! And I've accepted the cat in the GB line as Hairball. But there's probably no hope for Ms. Lion. The MU Ms. Lion is my surrogate.

Anyway, almost tempted to buy the TRU repacks this evening, but passed for now... I'll wait to get the direct market versions with the new spiffy packaging.

The Redwing from the MU line works well. Though at some point a New Warriors series needs to be done with a regular Speedball and Hairball inside a super ball with a variant pack where Speedball is inside a super ball and Hairball is a repaint of the GB cat. Of course the army builder would have to be Kang, after all he is a time traveler so there can me an infinite number of him. :tongue:

All that's really needed is a new sabertooth head cap for Zabu. With the exception of the head all of Lockjaw's parts could be re-used. Sauron would require a new set of wings and a new head sculpt. Still, this is my "Wrecking Crew" or "Kang" holy grail set.

Lockjaw would work, but IMO Zabu would need a little more tail, maybe a little slimer, than Lockjaw. Want to see how the wolf critter from MvC3 comes out.

Did you a least get the two Exclusive packs?!?

The happy point here, gents, it that now we can discuss exactly how a Zabu minimate would work, even with reused parts. Before GB redefined what a minimate could be, that wasn't possible.

This is a good thing.

Medicom actually produced 2 waves (wags?) of kubrick dogs & a Maine Coon cat, 6-7 years ago & mine have grown on me over the years . They are known as Bawbricks which I assume is a Jap bastardisation of the words Paw & Brick. The 2 chase figures are the Disney dog Pluto & the Sony metal-robotic dog that I recall from the old Sony ads. Kubricks take some stick from people here....rightly so a lot of the time... but in many ways they had been light years ahead of Minimates.....until Ghostbusters came along

Just picked these up on my lunch break. Hulk is pretty sweet (Two hair pieces). Sinister & Nimrod look great (no extra parts) and I was surprised at how much extra stuff the Goblin/Spidey set comes with! Hair, pumpkin bomb hand, rope, glider, glider-flaimes.. that's a lot of extra plastic. Iron Man's little gun is a nice touch.. I first opened it and thought, "Hulk doesn't use puny weapons!".

Nice wave overall!

-V

Medicom actually produced 2 waves (wags?) of kubrick dogs & a Maine Coon cat, 6-7 years ago & mine have grown on me over the years . They are known as Bawbricks which I assume is a Jap bastardisation of the words Paw & Brick. The 2 chase figures are the Disney dog Pluto & the Sony metal-robotic dog that I recall from the old Sony ads. Kubricks take some stick from people here....rightly so a lot of the time... but in many ways they had been light years ahead of Minimates.....until Ghostbusters came along

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

.....until Ghostbusters came along

Or failed to come along in the case of the Kubricks. Thanks for dredging up all the old anger and frustration about that I had blocked away in the recesses of my mind.

Inquiring minds want to know what lurks beneath Nimrod's chest piece...

The chest piece looks like a circuit board (or something similar) with lines and circles. Sorry I do not have the means to post pictures from work. All in all, Nimrod looks like a mighty hunter.

.....until Ghostbusters came along

Or failed to come along in the case of the Kubricks. Thanks for dredging up all the old anger and frustration about that I had blocked away in the recesses of my mind.

Why don't you give me a paper cut and pour some lemon juice on it!?!!?!

Here's a couple of pics (Minibar style) of wave 41 that weren't covered over at majorspoilers.com. Some shots of both Sinisters (front / back), some hidden chest decals and a very cool rope accessory. Enjoy!

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.jpg

Bah ha ha ha. It is a dreary, wet, miserable winters day here - and you have given me a hearty belly laugh & turned my morning right around. Thankyou Mini_Myte!

Very nice pics.

I can't wait to get this set in hand :)

Bah ha ha ha. It is a dreary, wet, miserable winters day here - and you have given me a hearty belly laugh & turned my morning right around. Thankyou Mini_Myte!

Very nice pics.

I can't wait to get this set in hand :)

When I got these sinister bad boys out of their packaging and photographed them, how could I not pay homage to their biggest fan. Glad to have brightened your day my friend.

Gahhhhh no face for Nimrod. The alternate tampo is pretty much useless unless Charles and the Illuminati capture and "work" on one. Meh.

Great pics and a great wave; unfortunately my shop did not get these in, and since Marvel Select Cap and Skull come out next week i will only be buying the two Sinister Sets; 4 retreads aren't exactly what i need, even if they do look spectacular.