UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wait, wait!

Screw the robo-junk tampo on the torso, did you notice the boots? The large oversized boots with the groove cut on the outside edge near the top and the segmentaion between cuff and foot? Am I the only guy who thinks that looks really, really Iron Man? Like maybe oversized Space Armor Iron Man?

i'm still curious as to what's under Nimrod. we saw a pic of the torso, but i really hope there's a face....hell, i hope the torso is still there.
We did? :blink: What was on the torso?
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FDST&pic=IMG_3237.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

Oh wow! I totally missed that. Thanks for the linkage!!! Seems a waste to have the chest block printed if there's no head to display it with.

Can't wait for this wave :)

Wait, wait, wait!

Screw the robo-junk tampo on the torso, did you notice the boots? The large oversized boots with the groove cut on the outside edge near the top and the segmentaion between cuff and foot? Am I the only guy who thinks that looks really, really Iron Man? Like maybe oversized Space Armor Iron Man?

A good eye! So excited am I for the Hulk, I haven't given much of a look at the new parts we're getting with these figures.

How much cooler would this series have been if we got Space Armor shellhead instead of another FA shellhead? :yes:

How much cooler would this series have been if we got Space Armor shellhead instead of another FA shellhead? :yes:

Oh infinitely so.

On the other hand, I don't particularly count the FA Iron Man as a wasted spot. Consider that the original FA Iron Man was offered back in 2004 as an exclusive. That's a long time ago and a short production run for such an iconic look for Iron Man.

Would I have rather ed something new? Absolutely. Space Armor, Hydro Armor, heck a dark blue/black Classic Iron Man Stealth Armor repaint (which not to get overly technical, wouldn't be exactly accurate either since the Stealth Armors featured larger, more angled glove and boot cuffs, slightly more flared shoulders than the Classic red and gold armor, and the "widow's peak" on the helmet extended down almost to the mouth) would have been preferable. (Yes, I know, TM2, I know. "but they promised..." They've broken it repeatedly now, consider it null and void) But all things considered, it's not IMO a completely wasted slot.

On the other hand, I don't particularly count the FA Iron Man as a wasted spot. Consider that the original FA Iron Man was offered back in 2004 as an exclusive. That's a long time ago and a short production run for such an iconic look for Iron Man.

Would I have rather ed something new? Absolutely.

If I was new to Minimates then I guess I'd be thrilled about this Wave .

I'm not new to Minimates & I'm not sure why we're getting another GG although I love his face & the glider ,Hulk looks great but can he be posed? Iron Man ....that particular character has actually been produced twice,grey original & the tweaked Gold Avenger ,neither is particularly rare although both had the aerial that matey alluded to. I'm not saying he's bad but who the hell wanted it? The Parker character is iconic in that particular guise but will surely be consigned to that familiar dump of Parker characters that are a waste of time .

-miserygutsmate

P.S. I was playing around with DC Hawkman last night & I just can't comprehend that despite the simplicity of the character a certain Marvel character continues to be ignored .....it's ludicrous.

P.S. I was playing around with DC Hawkman last night & I just can't comprehend that despite the simplicity of the character a certain Marvel character continues to be ignored .....it's ludicrous.

Agreed. WTF, DST??

Nighthawk_II_001.jpg

This Hawk is more worthy of a Minimate than Kang could ever hope to be. The teeming hordes demand it!

Edited by karamazov80

This Hawk is more worthy of a Minimate than Kang could ever hope to be. The teeming hordes demand it!

I did not realize that you two guys constituted a horde. Might want to back off the cheeseburgers then fellas. Not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

You guys seem to be forgetting the mark 6 IM that we got in that IMTTA SDCC exclusive 4-pack a few years back. It is pretty much the same as the mark 1 IMO.

Close, darn close. But not quite the same thing. Besides bening a dull grey, you could indeed see Stark's eye in the eye slits in his first appearance. It's goofy looking, but accurate. And it bugs the hoary Hell out of me that they called it the mark 6. It's not the mark 6. It's the mark 1, model 4. (or model 1 / mark 4 depending how you want to put it.) Meaning it's the fourth version of his first armor design. Yes, he built it just before the Silver Centurion armor, which is indeed the mark 7. But the mark 6 is the Stealth armor. Come on, the informations out there and available, DST. If you're not going to take the time to do more than a half-assed job on you name and bio research, hire me! I'll do it for cheap! (RAGIN" enough for you, Sam?)

And before you ask, the IM mark 1 / mdl 2 was the slimed down grey armor he wore when first returned to the States, which he wore exactly once on panel before making some asthetic design tweeks and painting it all gold as the mark 1 / mdl 3.

normally make this over Kang would be fitting words, but even I have to admit, I would LOVE a proper Night Hawk.

now back to the topic at hand. mark I, mark VI...whatever it is still a figure we have gotten before, and over, and over...

I ordered Mr. Sinister pack from Luke as it is the life blood of this wave (save for Hulk) who I still can not decide if I am going to pick up or not...

Come on, the informations out there and available, DST. If you're not going to take the time to do more than a half-assed job on you name and bio research, hire me! I'll do it for cheap!

That's more like it. :hulk:

I ordered Mr. Sinister pack from Luke as it is the life blood of this wave (save for Hulk) who I still can not decide if I am going to pick up or not...

hypnosis.jpg

You will pick up wave 41 Hulk... no questions asked!

Even if he doesn't know the character, he's doing a review of it. He could at least have the decency to say something like "well i am not familiar with the character, but on the back of the box it says..blah blah.., so he's a cool villain to have", and not the "don't know, don't care" attitude he showed

I actually thought the review was fine for what it was :DHe's not a hardcore Minimate fan, so I wouldn't expect one of Rad or Danny's (or now Lurch's :) ) type reviews there.

I'll go ahead and throw out there a pre-emptive ask for forgiveness for my lack of pre-X-Men days knowledge of Psylocke in my upcoming Betsy/Lockjaw review :unsure:

I don't know why, but I suddenly LOVE the MEGA-RAGE Hulk and cannot wait to purchase him. I can't explain it. It's like there's this voice... a Canadian voice, eh... telling me all aboot how I need to buy MR Hulk. Can't shake it.

You guys seem to be forgetting the mark 6 IM that we got in that IMTTA SDCC exclusive 4-pack a few years back. It is pretty much the same as the mark 1 IMO.

Only in the true Mark 1 can he make the 'loser' sign with his fingers...

I'm finding myself surprisingly psyched for this wave. Liking that this Spidey is basically a huge accessory for the Goblin mate, the MvC3 Red Hulk has me looking forward to Mega Rage, Sinister looks great, Nimrod's still a silly army builder but looks cool as a single mate. Good job all around!

Amazing Spider-Man #39 is one of the few comics of my dad's that survived a tornado in the '70s. Because of that, I'm really psyched for this Spidey/Goblin set.

The Hulk is great, since he's been the last "classic Marvel" character who wasn't updated bigger, whereas Thing has been. Up 'til now, the battle scenes I have posed on my bookshelf.

Mr. Sinister thrills me since he's a much-needed X-Men villain that some people have been wanting for a long damned time. I only hope my precious Kang gets the same treatment soon.

Amazing Spider-Man #39 is one of the few comics of my dad's that survived a tornado in the '70s. Because of that, I'm really psyched for this Spidey/Goblin set.

I definitely plan on recreating this cover in my display.

big Hulk, 2 new X-Men villains and the proper Goblin Glinder... this is one of my favourite waves in a while, can't wait for them to turn up.

I'm expecting some cool pictures from you US folks tomorrow (they're out tomorrow, right?)

tomorrow/Wednesday or Thursday depending on when folks' LCS or online shop get their Diamond shipments.

Getting anxious for these myself.

Agreed. WTF, DST??

Nighthawk_II_001.jpg

250px-Mcp5.jpg

What no one mentioned Ka-Zar he like the simplest character ever, that still not a minimate!

Edited by Scorpion

What no one mentioned Ka-Zar he like the simplest character ever, that still not a minimate!

Well now they've figured out how to create animal forms, I'd say a Ka-Zar and Zabu pack are more likely now than they were just a few years ago.

Well now they've figured out how to create animal forms, I'd say a Ka-Zar and Zabu pack are more likely now than they were just a few years ago.

Agreed. I'd be pretty keen to see Shanna get made too. A Savage land set with KaZar, Zabu, Shanna & Sauron would make me a particularly happy camper!

PS: Sorry Scorpion... i think i just over complicated your simple character a bit there. :P