UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tomb Raider

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the game after taking a break for a week, it was a very satisfying ending and I loved the whole story and gameplay.

There has been alot of post launch word of mouth buzz on this game (That's why I bought it), so hopefully it's sales numbers will improve overall.

I've almost finished the game and while it's enjoyable it feels more like Die Hard:Island Edition than Lara Croft.It's a new direction (which i like and hope it continues) but it didn't feel that much like the previous Lara games too me.Still,if there is a next game i hope it delves into more traditional environments (a t-rex chasing Lare with those awesome graphics would be phenomenal).

Also,those scenes with the corpses and guts were really gross and didn't add anything to the scene.They were there just to provide shock which comes off as childish.Then again i find most horror games to be kinda childish (Look!blood!it's scaaaaaaryyyy!).

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this game a couple days ago and I really enjoyed it. The multiplayer is kind of fun, but a bit sluggish. But I don't really care about multiplayer. The main game is easily my favorite tomb raider ever, but I haven't played most of them and I'm not really a big fan of the series. But I liked this game a lot. Plus now I'm looking forward to the minimates, which I wasn't before.

• 3 months later...

I just played this game through for a second time. I managed to hit 98% this time around. Still a great game. I was thinking about doing a play through. Anyone have thoughts on that? Maybe get a few beers and some friends and have them watch ans/or play?

I got to thinking. I think in the original scrip Lara actually had to kill Sam after she defeated Methias. There are still several clues for this left in the game. Roth's line about Lara know loss but not sacrifice was a very predominant moment that obviously was meant to pay off later. People assume (as it currently does) that it references Roth's death later. But really, that was just more loss for Lara, wasn't it? Not sacrifice.

Then in the diaries the handmaiden mentioned something about being unable to kill the queen, and she can only kill herself stopping the transfer. Then as Methias is dragging Sam away, Lara keeps saying "I'll save you." which, she does. But was she meant to?

I think the script was intended to come full circle with Lara killing her friend. Sam is useless throughout the entire game. The theme of Sacrifice keeps coming up. And the tag line, "A survivor is born." What could epitomize survivor more than people who did not survive?

They killed almost everyone off anyways, but went out of their way to force a connection between those to characters that WAS NOT there, instead of just taking the visible path of offing Sam.

So why didn't they?

• 3 months later...

Absolutely. Actually, I was in Best Buy last year about 1pm and they still had all their sales. It was like walking through the aftermath of an explosion. It smelled of sweat and money and greed. I loved it.

Here's the Japanese trailer. Looks good. I love how Sam is just as whiny as in the American version. And, is it just the colors, or did they edit out the blood in Lara's Rambo/Predator scene?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had the game for awhile now but just got around to playing/beating it {PS3}; All I gotta say is WOW. I guess I should say my main complaint first, the story kind of sucked. The only character I actually cared for was Laura, everyone else was just so under-developed, especially Roth who I assume was supposed to be a character you would root for so he can be there for Laura, but he really just felt cookie cutter. Another complaint has to be the tombs, yes they are fun to solve, but I expected them to take much longer then a 3-step puzzle. The boss fight{s} {was there more then the final one?} was really lackluster, I remember when that giant monster of a statue came out I was like "That's going to be one of the greatest boss battles EVER!"; There was so much more possibilities then just the standard 'Attack from behind' method.

Now that my gripes are out of the way it's time to praise the game. Obviously first are the graphics, specifically level of detail put into every level. After I beat the game I spent 2 hours revisiting the island just walking around {not even collecting things}.Next up is the upgrades, sure they aren't 'unique' per say {I mean it's not like one Laura can have a complete different skill set as another as everyone ends up with almost everything by the end} but their serviceable; It was awesome to add a silencer to my pistol and to put the grenades on the tips of my arrows. Finally, easily the best part of the game was the gameplay itself, when it started I was very underwhelmed {Killing those first wolves were so annoying} but as soon as upgrades and new weapons were thrown into the mix, I had a blast! I've always wanted to play a Hunger Games type game {That wasn't in Minecraft} and Tomb Raider really fulfilled my craving, I felt like Katniss hoping from tree to tree silently taking out the enemies, it was awesome! The scripted scenes were great fun as well.

Thinking about the game as a whole, it felt a lot like Arkham City {without the amazing story}. They both share great sneaking mechanics, good upgrades, and an amazing level of detail. Tomb Raider was definitely worth the $15

• 11 months later...

i love the tombraider games ive played evry single one , i picked up the dfinitive edition awhile back for 20 and it was worth playing again on the Xbox One again i cant wait till december when the second one drops .

mind you i do hate the name Rise of the Tombraider , as long as no apes show up lol