UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Matty-lad's Star Trek customs

Hey all,

I've finally got round to taking photos of my Star Trek customs. Please let me know what you think.

p1010255_zps19c91528.jpg

Khan & McGivers

p1010259h_zpsf7383b78.jpg

Kirk & Spock from City On The Edge Of Forever

p1010260_zps75f25a0a.jpg

Spock & Sulu from Where No Man Has Gone Before

This is just the start. I'll post some more tomorrow.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad
New pics

Kirk & Spock from City On The Edge Of Forever -i love it

Hey all,

Here's some more for you.

p10102610_zps4c8ba79b.jpg

Kirk & Spock from Paterns Of Force

p1010258e_zps49fef1e4.jpg

Lt Gabler & Robert April from TAS

p10102570_zpsdbb87431.jpg

Spock & Klingon from Bread & Circuses

p10102560_zps5ce159c7.jpg

McCoy & Klingon from Bread & Circuses

Let me know what you think of these as well.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad
Update pics

love them all the city on the edge 2 pack is sweet.. whos head did you use for the klingon? I have a huge stash of trek qc's like these and have a similar klingon but I used modern mandarins head for it

love them all the city on the edge 2 pack is sweet.. whos head did you use for the klingon? I have a huge stash of trek qc's like these and have a similar klingon but I used modern mandarins head for it

Hey,

Both my Klingons are the normal Klingon heads with different hairs. I think they work well.

Glad you all like them. I am especially proud of the City On The Edge Of Forever set. Didn't take too long to figure out the outfits either.

Will have to work on another batch soon.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Hey all,

Forgot I made these:-

p1010296k_zpsdd301cd9.jpg

Wrath of Khan Spock & Sulu (yes that is a Unification Spock head.)

p1010298s_zps503317de.jpg

Picard in Rescue Outfit & Alt. Cardassian

p1010297_zpsa5f36c28.jpg

Picard & Lily from First Contact

p1010299_zpsa7c3494c.jpg

Charlie & Kirk from Charlie X

Hope you like them.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad
Update pics

I wish I had more time and money to make more Customs for Star Trek Minimates. I really like your Trek Customs I am trying to figure out how to make some Klingon customs. I was even thinking of how to make a BSG and Trek Amalgan characters Such as Dr. McCoy and Doc Cottle would become Doc McCoytle. Spock and Tigh would become Tock and so forth but I don't have enough parts for all of that as I keep at least one of all my trek minimate whole and only use triples and such as parts.

Thank you for sharing your minimate customs. I did not save packaging but yours look great in the packaging even.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...

Hey all,

It's been a long while since I've done any Minimates but with the announcement of the new series coming out, it's renewed my interest in them........

Anywho, here's a few more for you:-

imag0140xl_zps19c52794.jpg

Kirk & Ilia from The Motion Picture

imag0139b_zps1c76d0a8.jpg

McCoy & Chapel from The Motion Picture

imag0138bq_zpsf2997c0f.jpg

Spock & Scotty from The Motion Picture (Spock still needs his collar sorting....)

Let me know what you think.....

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad
Update pics

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey all,

Can't believe it's been so long since I've posted some customs. So without further ado, here are some more I've done recently.

DSC_0027_zpscxco4krd.jpg?t=1422747339

Commander William Riker

MM%20Ro_zpsikv0v4wo.jpg?t=1422748044

Ensign Ro Laren

DSC_0123_zpslgwjpiky.jpg

Captain T'Pol & Captain Clarke Terrell

DSC_0120_zps0hgjeam3.jpg

Commander Benjamin Sisko (Emissary) & Starfleet Q

DSC_0119_zpskhwoz7x0.jpg

From the expanded universe Captain Mackenzie Calhoun & Captain Elias Vaughn

DSC_0118_zpsgb41gkce.jpg

Starfleet Mirror Spock from the recent New Vision - The Mirror, Cracked, dead Red Shirt & Benjamin Sisko from Trials & Tribble-ations

DSC_0117_zpsye4awwwm.jpg?t=1422748049

And finally Transporter McCoy, Kirk, Spock & Season 3 Scotty

Again, let me know what you think.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad

Nice. I like the transporter ones. Have you thought of taking the legs off turning the crotch piece around and putting the legs back on. I only say this as it would be a quick way to hide the X-men symbol on them.

Any way they are all cool

Nice. I like the transporter ones. Have you thought of taking the legs off turning the crotch piece around and putting the legs back on. I only say this as it would be a quick way to hide the X-men symbol on them.

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't even noticed the symbols, how bad is that? I'll get them sorted.

The CotEoF, holodeck Picard vs. Starfleet Borg, and the transporter figures are ALL amazing

You just need a Tommy Gun from Hulk TTA

Thanks for this. The CotEoF are probably my proudest ones. They just came together so easily with the parts I had. Good point about the gun. Will look into it.

I do have some more I need to photograph and put up. I'll try and get them done this week.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Those all look good, I love seeing people's Trek customs.

Ro Laren, Q, the dead red short and transporter Scotty are my favourites.

Thanks, I was quite impressed at how Ro and Scotty turned out. I've been waiting for the Vincent (Pulp Fiction) hair for a long time to complete Ro.

I'm still not too sure my self on Q. There's something a little off I can't put my finger on.

I just wish DST would release the other uniforms so I can complete the crew.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Scotty is just a different hairpiece right? It makes him look much better I think.

Q is a Kirk face? It works for me, though I'm used to seeing him in a Voyager uniform.

I also think Sisko's face with some new eyebrows drawn on would work great for Tuvok.

Hey Liney, you are correct, Scotty only has a new hair piece. Wanted to do a 3rd season version and this was the best way without duplicating figures.

Q is Kirk's head (can't remember who's hair.) I was testing him out in TNG uniform and since it kinda works, I'll get a Voyager and First Contact one made as well (if I have the parts..... :-D )

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is appreciated.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't even noticed the symbols, how bad is that? I'll get them sorted.

>The CotEoF, holodeck Picard vs. Starfleet Borg, and the transporter figures are ALL amazing

You just need a Tommy Gun from Hulk TTA

Thanks for this. The CotEoF are probably my proudest ones. They just came together so easily with the parts I had. Good point about the gun. Will look into it.

I do have some more I need to photograph and put up. I'll try and get them done this week.

Take care,

Matty-lad

I didn't say it as simple thing but somtimes because you look at somthing that much you need fresh eyes to pick stuff up

Really dig your "transporting" versions. I need to get them copied for my collection of customs. Also that Ensign Ro is great. Whose head did you use for her?

Edited by Captain Paco

Really dig your "transporting" versions. I need to get them copied for my collection of customs. Also that Ensing Ro is great. Whose head did you use for her?

Thanks Captain, I used the Cain from Battlestar head (who was also played by Michelle Forbes) so was an easy one. Not sure whether I'll pain over the eyebrows as Ro had black ones.

Terrell is an incredible likeness. Simply amazing. A perfect minimate Paul Winfield.

Thanks for this. I was surprised how well Terrell came together as well. I've spent many hours scrolling through the Minimate Database trying to match faces to characters. The only problem I find is quite a few of the faces I need tend to be Toys R Us exclusives which isn't helpful when I live in the UK.

Take care,

Matty-lad