UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dilemma: Where should I put my Dark Beast?

Gillbob316

Topic title says it all really...

I currently have my minimates organized into several tackle boxes, which I find double as great minimate cases...

One such tackle has all my X-Men and X-Villains in it. It's organized into four main sections...

1/4 Wolverine

1/4 Original X-Men (Angel, Beast, Iceman, Jean, Cyclops & Prof X)

1/4 Every other X-Man (Emma, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Misc X-Force, Etc)

1/4 X-Men Villains

Here's my dilemma...

I started to think out where to put all the Age of Apocalypse mates, and quite logically thought to put Wolverine with the Wolverines, Jean & Cyke with the Original X-Men, Rogue & Sunfire with the Misc X-Men... and so on in that fashion...

However, I hit a mental snag when I got to Dark Beast.

Being that he's lived on in 616 continuity for years after AoA... My brain tends to think of him less as an alternate version of Beast from this one story arc (like every other AoA character) and more as a present day villain and his own independant character.

So my initial urge is to put Dark Beast with the villains.

This however, contradicts my placement of characters like AoA Jean & Cyclops, who went in with all their other alt. reality versions in the original X-Men area...

I realize how stupid and trivial this might seem, but I really can't wrap my head around what I want to do here... lol... so I came here to get second and third opinions and so on...

I think right now I'm leaning toward putting him with the original X-Men, just to adhere to the same organizational rules I've already laid out for myself...

But damned if something doesn't still feel off about it to me.

I may never definatively make my mind up here.

Thoughts? lol...

I'd put him with the villains. Unlike Jean & Cyke, he DID exist in 616 as well . . and he was/is a villain in the 616.

Also, Jean & Cyc were heroes in the 295. Well, Cyc was kind of a bad guy - but a reluctant one. And he mostly did good things that undermined his villianous title.

Three replies and nobody delivered an "I'll tell ya where to put it" joke... This board my ge getting a little too mature for me. Now on to the problem at hand. He is a 616 villain. Has been for years. Thats where he belongs. Unless you have a seperate display altogether for AOA in which case he should be there with the rest of his 90's anime looking ilk.

It's like this.

Where did you put Dark Phoenix?

I'm assuming that it's with the Original X-Men. So put Dark Beast with the original X-Men as he is an iteration of Hank, regardless whether he's a hero or a villain.

Besides, he's not a major villain in the X-universe.

:D

He was a member of the x-men just like the skrull imposter of wolverine was, but he was a member of the dark x-men so i think that kinda classifies him as a x-men villain. and in the AoA he was a villain too, right?

He was a member of the x-men just like the skrull imposter of wolverine was, but he was a member of the dark x-men so i think that kinda classifies him as a x-men villain. and in the AoA he was a villain too, right?

don't mention skrull wolverine, that whole story arch was completly forgotten about come secret invasion, hell the x-men with prof x walked in on the whole thing in it's planning/testing stages and then forgot it happened!!!

don't mention skrull wolverine, that whole story arch was completly forgotten about come secret invasion, hell the x-men with prof x walked in on the whole thing in it's planning/testing stages and then forgot it happened!!!

kinda like all the mutants losing their powers in issue 99 was completely forgotten come House of M/Decimation...