UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New MiniMates listings ~ TRU & DST

I'm excited about all of this, but I don't look forward to having to visit the local store about 70 times hoping to find these, only to have to break down and hit eBay since I didn't preorder them from the website because I figured I'd find them in the store.

If I go ahead and preorder them, then we get three cases in stores and I can't justify the cost of buying the excess since I already have them, so they get buried in inventory and refuse to order the next wave, causing the above scenario.

Dead marmots (and mostly-dead marmots) are notoriously difficult to work with. I suppose it would be possible if you could obtain a dozen Curly Wurlys and an extra pair of rocket pants.

As for the rest of you besmirching young felines named Ruffles, have you no concern for your own well-being? I once offended a kitten with an innocent comment about the length of her whiskers. She stole all my Cheerios, burned down my house, and bit the head off my chicken.

*Quietly registers the domain freshkittens.com for future use.

Of course, he would be packed in with his most hated foe, the Big Boss Man!

Aww, he ain't so big. He's just tall that's all.

RGB wave and boxset - This was one of my favourites shows growing up, so I'm keen to see what they do. With the various ghosts, the various versions of the GBs (any chance for the possessed clothes and "Human Busters" versions?) and Janine as both a secretary and GB, they can go a long way with this.

Battle Beasts have interested me, but the price tag on the exclusives have kept me well away. I'm keen to see what new sculpts can come from this.

I'm hoping Guardian Warriors is going to use the pirates and may be a "banner wave" that will allow for other (for want of a better phrase) warrior class based minimates. I'd love to have knights, samurais, pirates, vikings and just about anything else (bar Ninjas; Luke does some awesome ninjas on his site) duke it out on my work desk.

Alas there is the issue of both my wallet and being UK based but I've had help from members here before in getting the TRU exclusives so I hope I can count on them again.

I'm excited to see more Ghostbusters minimates. My ONLY qualm is that I hope the ghosts won't be in such an animated style that they won't be able to fit with the existing ghosts. Other than that one, small fret I'm really looking forward to seeing these.

Battle Beasts would be cool... but I still haven't gotten any type of that alligator. If they're just going to keep re-releasing the same on in different paint schemes that's going to be a bummer. However, if they do make other animals and decide to progress the line I hope they'll release the alligator for those of us who still couldn't get him.

Gaurdian Warriors has me intrigued... more fun generic stuff? When're those pirates comin' out, anyway? This has my interest piqued.

• 2 months later...

In one of their latest Q&A (February 7) Chuck said about the Battle Beasts :

We have not formally prepared the line and taken it to TRU but yes we are hoping they as well as specialty stores would be interested in taking in the line.

So could we say that this listing is wrong or that DST want to keep the information secret as long as possible ? Maybe Xybot could check the Diamond retailer's site to see if any update has been posted.

Nothing new on the Diamond retailer's site regarding these. I actually am happy to see them taking the time to get this line right. Since so much time has passed since the license announcement, I am guessing they have been testing new molds/scales, possibly new methods of articulation, the highly requested stickers, any maybe even some market research on which types of animals kids would be interested in buying, and which ones would never sell well. Even though they haven't show much, I'm sure they have been doing a lot.

I just hope that Luke is correct and that the line is not on a dead end way.

Stickers or anything new that could hide the symbol until you decide to see it. Last wave of Battle Beast in 1988 has a clear orb replacing the sticker. But I'm agree with you. Battle Beasts would be 1 million times better with element symboles than without.

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 24 2011, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... the highly requested stickers ...

This. All of the rest of those points are vital factors, but if they don't have the stickers, they can't truly be called 'Battle Beasts' ;)

Mostly what I remember about the stickers is that the heat of rubbing them would wear away the glue and they'd fall off. I don't think I ever sat around with my friends playing rock-paper-scissors with them either. Everything I liked about Battle Beasts is pretty perfectly captured in the Croc mate, I'd be happy to see a whole line in that style.