UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ideas for the M.A.X line...

Casval

How about footballers (US type & 'my' type) ? If these actually sold at all they would sell big time ......can you imagine the permutations :ohmy:

I've definitely considered making myself Spurs players a few times, just never got around to it. Although, you know as well as I do, if we got football players... it'd be the ridiculous American kind

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on the cop car, that'd be awesome, and a true NASA style astronaut would be pretty rad too...

My favorite Lego sets as a kid were the knights, so some medieval mates would be great, maybe with some horses in a

"vehicle" pack?

(again i love making lists)

my thoughts for medival stuff:

-vikings(yes i already said this)

-amazons(so we can get some females)

-some sort of aztec-like tribe

-gladiators

-spartans

-knights,royalgaurd,pawns,wizards,kings,queens,etc

and for "vehicles"

-horse with a jouster

-chariot

-some sort of viking boat

my minds a bit foggy but thats what i came up with

We know were getting pirates & it seems that the word 'boat ' & 'ship' continually gets mentioned so get yourselves a Mega Blok ship of some description NOW before they go up in price. There are various ones available & there is not a better setting for your Minimates available for the price (on the secondary market) anywhere. I've been securing one or two of these on UK ebay & you can usually expect to pay more for the postage than the actual cost of the thing. The best of the lot is 'The Flying Dutchman' which is over three feet long but 'The Dread Eyes Phantom' is almost as nice closely followed by 'The Black Pearl' . They are all perfectly scaled for Minimates & although they appear to be more expensive Stateside you can still pick them up cheap....you will not be disappointed.

If you struggle to get one cheap in the US try UK ebay & I'll always help .....er...shipping them to you but I suppose it won't be cheap to do so!

The only one I don't have is the Chinese Pirates' ship which is junk.

The only one I don't have is the Chinese Pirates' ship which is junk.

:biggrin:

I'd like to see doctors, medics, an ambulance, police car, motorcycles- anything really. If the line does well, I'd also like to see modular environments- fire station, police station, hospital, etc.

A black 1955 Lincoln Futura with red detailing would be alright, too. ;)

All of the suggestions are good candidates, but I think for this line to take off with kids (the target demographic, right?), they need a 'Cobra' to the M.A.X. 'G.I. Joe'.

There needs to be SOMETHING to generate cause for X-treme Mobile Action!!! :P

Oh, and pimps/prostitutes for the Law Enforcers to bust!

This! Something like "Xterminate All M.A.X." or something. The good guys always need outlandish villians to fight. With ninjas!

• 1 month later...
How about footballers (US type & 'my' type) ? If these actually sold at all they would sell big time ......can you imagine the permutations :ohmy:

Problem with sports figures (at least here) is that they just won't sell if they're not official NFL or MLB or NBA or whatever. And that would probably just be too expensive to acquire, certainly just to throw in the MAX line. I dunno, maybe a generic "sportsmen" set or two would sell, but I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody's posted it (and I'm not gonna look... tee hee), but it'd sure be swell if they were to make some kind of environmental suit with customizable parts for deep sea diving and astronauts. Even cooler, there'd be room in the helmet for an Iron Man helmet or Captain America mask on your minimates.

Over the weekend, I picked up four of the TRU Special OPS Max packs. I really think this line will get massive when it catches on. It reminds me of a modern day Adventure People (who is old enough to have played with these besides me?).

If I were to make a strong suggestion on this line, it would be to keep on the military path. I don't mean slow down on other directions like the ones suggested, but there is so much that can be done license free for miliary figures. I want some USMC Forward Recon, some USN SEALs, SAS Paratroopers, Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, etc. Plus, with military figures, there could be different eras like WWI, WWII, Falklands, etc.

Do it... Do it...

An Egyptian series would sell like crazy.

However I would personally like to see the stereotypes of the world series.

Give me a snooty French Mime, Korean animated, Crocodile Dundee type Australian and a Mexican with poncho and sombrero.

Edited by DaveOMac

Over the weekend, I picked up four of the TRU Special OPS Max packs. I really think this line will get massive when it catches on. It reminds me of a modern day Adventure People (who is old enough to have played with these besides me?).

If I were to make a strong suggestion on this line, it would be to keep on the military path. I don't mean slow down on other directions like the ones suggested, but there is so much that can be done license free for miliary figures. I want some USMC Forward Recon, some USN SEALs, SAS Paratroopers, Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, etc. Plus, with military figures, there could be different eras like WWI, WWII, Falklands, etc.

Do it... Do it...

I remember Adventure People. Pretty cool and versatile - what they lacked in articulation, they made up for in accessories and vehicles.

Yeah Cap, they were not very articulated, but the accessories were so varied that I would hate to be a collector. I had tons of the figures and accessories and I am sure I had a small fraction of what was released.

If I were to start developing MAX sets, I would first look at Adventure People and GI Joe/Action Man/Adventure Team. That stuff is/was awesome.