UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CustomCon 15 - Boyd's Customs

boyd

CustomCon 15 wraps up today, and finally displays my entry. It's a group I've been working on for a while - the Legion of Doom from the Superfriends cartoon. They'll be added to my custom site in a few weeks, but you can check them out now:

The Legion of Doom

you are amazing - beautiful work

Excellent stuff Boyd!! (I've been thinking of using a spare Leader for an easy Sinestro custom - now I'll have to retire that idea as anything I do will pale in comparison to your professional quality stuff.... :D)

I HOPE we get the LOD from DCD. I'd even buy Toyman if he was in the assortment - especially if he was packaged with Grundy or Braniac. Capt. Cold is a must have - as is the rest of Flash's Rogues Gallery.

Thanks everybody! Glad you like them!

My favourites are Gorilla Grodd - how the hell did you make him?

Started with an LOTR Aragorn figure, and chopped off the legs right under the knees to give him that stubby look. I glued the feet to the leg stumps, and them used Sculpey to make his feet. His hands came from a KISS Minimate to give them a larger look, then Sculpey was used to blend them with the arms. His belly and facial hair is all Sculpey. I'll have better pictures when I add him to my customs site.

I've been thinking of using a spare Leader for an easy Sinestro custom - now I'll have to retire that idea as anything I do will pale in comparison to your professional quality stuff.... :D

I thought the same when I saw Mini-Myte's Sinestro custom a year ago. Give it a shot - you could create something great.

Yeah I knew of those ones

I just thaught it would be cool to see old timey Robin Aquaman etc

No plans to do any of the other characters from the Super Friends right now, sorry.

It must have been driving you nuts to be on the last day of the 2 week Custom Con. :P

For a while I didn't think my entry had made it in time. I sent it in on the last day to register about 30 minutes before the deadline. I really need to stop procrastinating sometimes...

question...for the face decals, are they colored, or clear over painted heads? asking because the color match is perfect.

In some cases like Brainiac and Scarecrow are color printouts - I sometimes spend a lot of time making matching paint. Other ones, like Sinestro, use water-based decals, which is a lot easier.

Damn! Those are some sweet, sweet customs. You never cease to amaze me Boyd. Nice work!

I don't think I can pick a favorite, they're all so well done...

Legion of DOOM!! Yay! :D

They are some of my favorite villains of all time. So now I know what you had planned when you menitoned old Brainiac. ;)

They all look great, but if I had to choose some favorites...I'd say Cheetah turned out amazing. Gorilla Grodd must've taken alot of time...but the most surprising to me was Toyman! I always forget about him since he didn't appear that often. All cool customs!

Hey, looks like you're using some sort of CMS for your site now. Are you using Drupal? I really need to update my own site when I get time.

The Legion has been in the works for quite a while. Still had to rush to get them done on time, though...

And I'm not using a CMS on my site - everything gets done by hand with Dreamweaver. Though I do like the looks of Drupal.

I LOVE that Luthor, he's fantastic!

Captain Cold, Braniac and Bizarro are pretty damn good too. :D