UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad thing about this line is that they seem to have a set plan for a few waves and then it's done.

wasn't movie GB on a set plan too? There's only so many you can do.

True, but there were a good five or six seasons of RGB so they have a number of ghosts they could use, plus there are possible variants/boxsets like the neon-green versions of the four from a season 1 episode.

I have dealt with some frustrating shits in my lifetime but TRU.com beats them all. RGB Minimates are now available.....wellllllll,some RGB Minimates are available as are some Halo 3 Minimates BUT you can only order one pack of each.

Minimates are so popular that they are rationing them ? This will all end in tears .

Actually, only one RGB set is available, the other still shows as pre-order.

Still my favorite part about TRU right now is that no can figure out (or try to care) that I can't place on-line orders unless I use Paypal (which doesn't work on their pre-orders). Between me and the people I buy for, that's a huge chunk of business that they're losing (I spent over $4000 at TRU last year). But they don't seem to care much.

I picked up all four RGB sets at my TRU today. I used to work right next to a TRU but don't anymore so it had been about two weeks since my last visit which is the longest I have gone between visits to the store for almost 8 years! So I was happy to find something new that I wanted! I love the Slimer with his power pack it is awesome! I didn't realize that the Boogieman has the goat legs! Can't wait for wave 2!

got three of the four 2 packs that I ordered today, Egon & Ray got shipped separately and will probably be here next week. upon opening them, there are a few things that bug me...

some of the pieces dont stay connected very well, like Janines feet and one of my blue Terror Dogs feet.

Slimers proton pack was a pain-in-the-ass to put on him, and the strap goes across what you could call his chin, not across his chest like it should.

the Egyptian ghost proportions make it look more like a small action figure, the hands/arms and feet/legs are exaggerated and the sculpting is pretty detailed, when the whole appeal of minimates should be their minimalism...

same with Boogieman, they did too good of a job and he seems more like a small figure and less like a minimate. and his hair piece doesnt fit very good.

I wish Sam Hains legs were shorter (either that or just leave off the feet) because the feet stick out on the bottom and he doesnt stand very well, I took his feet off and he stands up (balanced by his robes) much better

pros: the proton pack cords seem to be more lightweight and flexible, which is good. I like the new gun sculpt, just wish they couldve done a new pack sculpt too. I like the actual slimer minimate too.

Got all but the Sam Hain set off a fellow Minnesotan today at the local TRU and NOW they had them all on their shelves. Oh, well. Thanks to that, got all of the sets in the end. Have yet to open them up.

Just got back from my TRU with a complete set. I cannot wait to open these!

I had a little difficulty though with trying to find packs that had decent paint apps. There seemed to be a lit of bleeding with the mates in the while case, especially with the actual Ghostbusters.

I got all these so far except Ray/Egon, and I've got to say that I'm impressed with the quality. These "feel" like really high quality toys, in opposition to some of what we saw with the Pirates. Tampos are all very neatly applied, and Terror Dog seems to have a kind of finish on his head unlike I've seen before. I also really like them. Janine's head would make a perfect version from the first movie, as previously posted, if you can find a good outfit and hairpiece. Issues were that Sam Haim's head didn't get on very easily and doesn't seem to want to stay on very well, Slimer's backpack was tougher to get on than it should have been. Biggest potential issue is a running theme with Minimates nowadays--some can only very loosely be defined as Minimates. Boogie Man could have been released by Medicom as a Kubrick. I think the Egyptian guy is ugliest, but maybe that's b/c I don't remember him from the show.

Cool stuff. I look forward to getting the rest of the GB crew.

weve seen blackbolt and lockjaw, legs that could work for gorgon, hair that could work for medusa,a head that could work for karnak and im sure some of the Creature from the black lagoon stuff could be used for triton :D i feel like an inhumans four pack is inevitable :D

anyway, i only bought the pack with..the pumpkin head guy (forgot his name :P) since its perfect for a Mad Jack custom :D

Just got back from my TRU with a complete set. I cannot wait to open these!

I had a little difficulty though with trying to find packs that had decent paint apps. There seemed to be a lit of bleeding with the mates in the while case, especially with the actual Ghostbusters.

same here. the paint apps this time around are not as clean and consistent as the movie line. I got my Egon/Ray 2 pack today and there are several spots where the paint is incomplete or wrong on both. originally I was very excited about the RGB line but I have seen lackluster results so far between the paint apps and parts not fitting together as they should. Ive always been able to stand my minis on lego pieces (see photo below, taken last night), but with Janine I had to take her boots off, and replace them with Sam Hains feet (plus this way he balances much better on his robes)

1000824t.th.jpg

I need to re-watch the cartoon as I don't remember Evil Slimer or Killerwatt. They both look good along with GB Louis and the Sandman.

I'm right in thinking DST have hinted they may not do any more after series 2, right? Huge shame in my opinion as while I don't remember much of it (bar season 1, which I picked up about 18 months ago), I do feel they could probably get a few more waves with ghosts alone.

Personal the more series the better, so hopefully you're right and I'm wrong. While I can understand a line can be killed from too many waves (i.e. Star Trek from what I read) and potential doesn't always matter I'd still think it would be a shame if we only get two or three waves.

Have to wait and see though.

Yay! I bet it's either the Flip Side PeopleBusters OR the Citizen Ghost Anti-Ghostbusters

Got the Series 1 Box Set. looks awesome but I see where people are complaining about some paint bleeding (Janine's hair to her glasses), and I haven't opened mine yet, but I think the yellow cord from the pack to Ray's thrower is not connected at the thrower...

still looks awesome and can't wait to get picks up to the GBMMA

Edited by Jay Tigran

They need to do the PeopleBusters, and the Were-Chicken, and the ghost versions of the Ghostbusters from Citizen Ghost... There's so much potential I'm sure still here if they were interested.

Also, maybe they could get around the reasons they couldn't give the movie Ghostbusters an Ecto-1 since they could make a more cartoon styled Ecto-1 for this...

They need to do the PeopleBusters, and the Were-Chicken, and the ghost versions of the Ghostbusters from Citizen Ghost... There's so much potential I'm sure still here if they were interested.

Also, maybe they could get around the reasons they couldn't give the movie Ghostbusters an Ecto-1 since they could make a more cartoon styled Ecto-1 for this...

The rights to Ecto-1 (movie, cartoon, game, whatever) is owned by Mattel

agreed, an Egon Were-Chicken, an Egon-Hulk creature, Blue Slimer, Watt, Watt-possessed Peter, and tonnes more would make awesome minimates

Since nobody posted any pics of Janine and Slimer from the RGBs 4-pack, here they are. Enjoy!

slimer.jpg

So 4-pack Slimer is a solid green color, huh?

I see potential for a translucent Slimer with happy face in the future...