UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm in agreement with just about everything you've all said about ol' Stay Puft........we all have him in our collections.......if you haven't,try finding one on evilbay for reasonable dosh :no:

Smiling Stay Puft is rarer than Angry whilst Glo Puft is off the scale pricewise so I'm surprised that we didn't get another Smiler.

BBTS has had the box set 1 listed as "May 2011". Anyone know when this set actually comes out? I'm waiting to have my "pile of loot" shipped until this and the Capt. America wave 1 comes out (Cap should be next week!).

DST's shipping list says June 8th, but since that's not 100% (it list Cap arm builders and LCS wave as 5/4/11) It's probably closer to TRU's expected release date of 6/28/11 so I expect to see them in early-to-mid-July.

• 2 weeks later...

Get yourselves to TRU as the RGB minimates have been found!!!! I got all four at a Little Rock, AR TRU today. From what I could tell, they got one box and the ghosts were only 2 per case with the ghostbusters being 4 per case. Also, watch out on the ghosts as some rubbed the blister and smeared the paint (even with the specialized blisters).

Edited by darthdoughboy

despite the fact someone beat me to the ghost (are you a member here, person in Concord, CA who felt you needed both sets of both ghost?) I'm delighted to finally have a cartoon style Egon... he and Ray have the tampos under their chest so they can be displayed with the packs off making them worth picking up even if you're getting the box set.

Edit: I also just realized Slimer is a new sculpt, he's smaller with a flat face and less, uh... ghost booty? back fat?... then the movie based one. He looks a lot nicer now.

Edited by dr baghead

Hopefully the TRU.com warehouse gets them soon. I'm anxiously waiting for my preorder to ship now that I know that Janine's pack can be removed. My ghostbusting Spidey is going to be Big Time Spidey. :)

But I'm really curious if the pack will fit those K'NEX Mario Kart Wii figures. Specifically that Luigi.

I found a set of these locally today (someone had already scored a set of the exclusives) and I have to say I am really impressed. Some of the best paint work to date and I really feel that DST is listening to the QC concerns.

I'm charging my camera battery, but a few points of interest:

- Sam "Haim" comes with a pair of feet, but they don't fit with the robe on. His entire body is clear and his chest piece has the same tampo as Nemesis.

- Egyptian Ghost doesn't come with normal hands/feet to display 'Blackie'.

- Janine's face could easily double as a GB1 Janine, the look is spot on, she just needs a different hairpiece and glasses.

- The new proton packs and wands are awesome, and yes, Janine's pack is removable.

- The proton streams don't fit well on the wands, due to the new design of the wand.

- Boogieman is MASSIVE! He comes with a stand that works surprisingly well. No chest tampo.

Here are some quick pics I took (sorry if blurry)

post-3713-0-84862900-1308162949_thumb.jppost-3713-0-38621900-1308162971_thumb.jppost-3713-0-17209700-1308162988_thumb.jppost-3713-0-49017000-1308163005_thumb.jppost-3713-0-65387000-1308163026_thumb.jppost-3713-0-16433200-1308163045_thumb.jp

Some notes:

Ray's outfit can fit two ghost traps (one on his proton pack and one on his belt).

Slimers proton pack has no closed trap (like Janine, Ray and Egon do), not even a peg for it.

Its weird that Blackie has a face tampo, but no other elements (hands, feet and chest tampo) to make him just a burgular, while Sam Haim underneath everything is a clear orange minimate, but has the skeleton chest tampo.

My Boogie man has a loose head, which makes hime hard to stand even with the stand (massive body + wobbly head = timber!!!).

But I'm really curious if the pack will fit those K'NEX Mario Kart Wii figures. Specifically that Luigi.

It doesn't... well it does fit Mario well but not super well, and Luigi's torso is the same size (can't find Luigi right now, maybe after I'll be in more of a mood for digging through the box I chucked him in after find my Ghost packs when another TRU gets these in or my TRU gets another case, they've gotten 2 cases of everything lately, Thor, Marvel 9, Pirates, Cap... surely they'll get another RGB right?! RIGHT?!?!)

It'll get on Mario just fine (if you remove his head) but his arms are cut joints, not balls, so he can't lower them... which is fine if you ONLY want Luigi in his scaridy "AH!" face pose, which why wouldn't you? but if you want him to hold the wand (he can't, hands too big) it's not gonna happen.