UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

It sucks for the International Members that rely on US members (like Groundhog) to order in bulk, but at the same time, I hope it will help eliminate the eBay scalpers that buy in bulk.

If there were ANY consistancy with TRU.com's Minimate listings/pre-orders, that would be a nice surprise.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting, fwooshy!

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

It sucks for the International Members that rely on US members (like Groundhog) to order in bulk, but at the same time, I hope it will help eliminate the eBay scalpers that buy in bulk.

If there were ANY consistancy with TRU.com's Minimate listings/pre-orders, that would be a nice surprise.

Yeah, I'm kind of torn in the same way. Unfortunately, I figure BBTS has multiple accounts it uses for this sort of thing, so I'm not sure how much it's gonna stop all that. But TRU has had a major problem with folks buying up all their stock immediately, thus depriving others of having a real chance (regrettably, I have contributed to some of this in the past :( ). So, on balance, limiting order amounts might do more good for more people, though I think limiting it to 2 would be better than 1, so we could have the option of helping international members out without allowing for mass hoarding/scalping or whatever you want to call it.

has anyone even been able to place an order for these yet? my source in the states is having trouble even placing one order on TRU.com

::EDIT::

Never mind, he got the order placed after all. Yay!

Edited by Jay Tigran

has anyone even been able to place an order for these yet? my source in the states is having trouble even placing one order on TRU.com

::EDIT::

Never mind, he got the order placed after all. Yay!

I got a set ordered without any issues -

Oddly enough - a few days ago I was thinking about the way TRU.com used to take pre-orders and that it had stopped as of late.

If you want to preorder these and avoid shipping fees, go to your local TRU. I was there yesterday and had them place an order for a set using their "Store Ordering System". That's where they order them from the website at the store level and it will give free shipping on most items with no minimum spending price. I bought a pack each of the TRU Thor exclusives using this method. You pay for it on their computer and put your email in and get your email confirmation like you normally would. Just ordering it online but at their store and not paying any shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Packaging pics of the Real Ghostbusters TRU exclusives are up at Art Aslum blog. Enjoy!

about time!

The pack outs are weird to me but in a good way, I wanted an extra Boogie man and Terror Dog so the fact they're in a two pack together is really nice, also I'm buying the LCS 4-pack so if Egon and Ray don't have tampos as shown at ToyFair under their coats I can skip that set and miss nothing. That's awful nice of them...

June 24th (or whenever they actually ship) can't get here fast enough!

things to note:

- streams are a different color orange and no blue coloring on them

- the packs have an upside down ghost trap on them (nice touch)

- Egon's pke is a new mold

- Slimer looks a little translucent and his pack is removable

- Yes, they spelled it Sam Haim instead of Sam Hain

- Janine's straps look removable...

Despite my obvious nit-picking, I'm really looking forward to these, particularly Slimer.

There's something about that giant tooth the animated Slimer had that has always made me smile. :biggrin:

Also, did everyone notice the bubble in the packaging for Sam Hain's robe and Boogieman's nose? I know a certain 'Mint-In-Boxheadsmate' that may have have a tough time with this, depending on how they are packed in the case. :unsure:

i am really kind of surprised that they didn't pack each Ghost-buster with a ghost, rather than 2 Busters together in a pack & 2 ghosts in another.

It suits me fine as i really only want the Boogie-man (for a custom) & i'm happy to get the energy dog for tanslucent parts.

BUT - I wonder if this means that the 'Ghost-Sets'will be short-packed?

I still don't get the reasoning behind these new Stay Pufts.

I mean, I understand the toolings already there so it keeps cost down and until these prove they'll sell keeping them low cost will ensure they actually get made, and he's well known enough new collectors would probably want a Stay Puft for their collection....

What I don't get is why are the upcoming Stay Pufts almost identical to the movie ones? Animated Stay Puft was a lot dopier looking then the movie one , why do "angry" and "open mouth smile happy" again? why not "confused" which he seemed to be a lot and "big closed mouth grin happy" which seems to the only google image I can find of him? Why not if he must be "angry" base him on his look in the intro when he gets busted?

I guess he just doesn't look "animated" to me so much as extremely-slight change movie versions with maybe a different color scheme (? like just slightly brighter?)

... oh well, I'm just bitching because if Louis ends up having a tampo under his proto-pack I'll end up with 2 of the "happy" ones and since I need the Proto-Peter-Parker Louis I'll end up with this one too. I should just be happy I'm getting two fancy new Louis' and Peter and Winston and just accept Stay Puft is what he is.