UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking very good. Bright and colourful like Minimates should be.

Lots of interesting ghosts too. These are gonna fly off the shelves, as long as Ghostbusters fatigue hasn't set in, but with the new ghosts, I think the line will be OK.

All of them are everything I was expecting AND more. And glad to see the GB emblem has finally been made as a minimate. I can hear my wallet crying on the desk ;)

Very beautiful mates, all around!

Though I can already hear the cries of fans who don't recognize many of those ghosts as "minimates" ...

and I see there is no apparent size restriction with these. Boogieman's head by itself is the almost the size of a standard minimate :P

Ghosts:

Slimer

Slimer with Proton Pack

Angry Stay Puft

Happy Stay Puft

Buster the No-Ghost (logo in mate form)

Killerwatt (blue guy with creepy grin and no feet)

Sandman (guy in the cloak)

Evil Slimer (from the episode "The Two-Faces of Slimer")

Blue Terror-Dog

BoogieMan (huge-ass head with uber creepy grin and hooves)

Blackie/Egyptian Ghost

Sam Hain (Pumpkin Head)

People:

Peter Venkman

Ray Stantz

Egon Spengler

Winston Zeddemore

Janine Melnitz in office attire

Janine Melnitz in GB uniform

Louis Tulley in office attire

Louis Tully in GB uniform

Edited by Jay Tigran

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 14 2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very beautiful mates, all around!

Though I can already hear the cries of fans who don't recognize many of those ghosts as "minimates" ...

and I see there is no apparent size restriction with these. Boogieman's head by itself is the almost the size of a standard minimate :P

I'm loving these but yes I'd say that they are unrecognisable as 'Minimates' but I came to accept that as soon as I saw Slimer :D Many of the innovations with GB & RGB are totally brilliant which makes the fact ridiculous that we have pathetic attempts to remain within the stupid size limitations of the Marvel licence. It irritates me to hell!

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm loving these but yes I'd say that they are unrecognisable as 'Minimates' but I came to accept that as soon as I saw Slimer :DMany of the innovations with GB & RGB are totally brilliant ...

So true. And while I have been an avid Minimate Purist for the longest time, I do believe that certain characters need parts that take them beyond the basic MM body...

But that aside, I think it could be said that even Slimer still maintains the Minimate likeness because of the arms. Sam Hain, on the other hand, has nothing "Minimate" about him (visibly, anyway). Had I seen it standing alone, with no knowledge that it was part of the RGB line, I may not have guessed it was a Minimate.

That being said, I think Killerwatt is my favorite of all the characters in this line, and he's barely recognizable as a Minimate :P

The Boogeyman is insanely awesome! It looks like he has backwards jointed legs, so I'm guessing that his giant head/coattails will act as a balancing weight?

IIRC, his legs work roughly the same way as the Halo Elites... and yes, I would imagine they'd need something elaborate to counter-balance the weight of his giant noggin :P

Is it me or does it look like Slimer with the Proton Pack will be part of the boxset and regular Slimar part of the TRU wave? I thought it was going to be the other way around.

Is it me or does it look like Slimer with the Proton Pack will be part of the boxset and regular Slimar part of the TRU wave? I thought it was going to be the other way around.

They said it would be the other way around. They could have either changed their minds or just put them in the wrong place in the display.

I'm hoping they changed their minds as I do feel like they've saved all the awesome minimates for the TRU wave and are putting the extras in the boxset, which is frustrating as the boxset is the easiest thing for me to get (at least at a decent price).

• 2 months later...