UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

I wonder if the TRU 2-packs really are as announced

-GB Janine/GB Slimer

-Egon/Ray re-releases from LCS 4 pack

-Sam Hein/Egypt Ghost

-Boogey man/ Terror Dog

or if we were to read those tweets as "heres two characters you can expect..."

If it's as announced I'm happy I can skip the Ray/Egon pack, but I want an extra Boogeyman and Terror Dog so I'm still buying 4 packs... if it's just those characters and not that line up, crap I'm buying 6 sets...

I'm interested in where the line goes from here, I would like a 2-pack of blue Were-Beast Egon and Were-Chicken Egon please (those are things right? I swear I remember both episodes)

It'll probably be Buster/Ghost with Slimer counted as a Buster. That's just my guess.

And you are correct, there was a Demon Egon when one of his machines malfunctioned, and a Were-Chicken Egon.

There's a few I'd like to see (including those, those are good choices)

-Mrs. Rogers/Watt (old woman or Demon) with Bird accessory

-Sandman (was just a cool episode)

-Anti-Ghostbusters [This could be a special 4-pack too] (all 4 guys in original colored uniforms with stay-puft residue and their skin is transparent green)

-PeopleBusters [another 4-pack with PB Janine in place of Winston]

-Makeover Lotsabucks

-Professor Dweeb

-The Slob & his brother the Sleaze

-The Ghost Eater

-Louis

there's a lot more they could do...this could be interesting to see what they come up with.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked before whether we expect cartoon versions of these characters & whether that would be a good idea ? I look forward to some weird ghosts & ghouls but cartooned human facial feature ......I don't know?

Having seen these now I guess that a happy medium (absolutely no pun intended) has been found between cartooniness & realism....if you know what I'm trying to say ? :blush:

i think these look great so far so good

I hope they make the proton pack blue! I'm sure they will fix that. I would prefer a new sculpt for the gun, since it looked different.

Yah know, I was watching the cartoon the other day, and the equipment was really black with blue highlights...

but I agree, a new gun sculpt would be nice.

Other than the gun sculpt (and potentially the pack sculpt) I am more than impressed with how these look :D

Yah know, I was watching the cartoon the other day, and the equipment was really black with blue highlights...

I've heard this before, but I still think of the packs as blue. Even Mattel ended up making their RGB packs blue, but they seem to be basing everything off the Kenner toys, so that's probably not the strongest argument for them being blue.

I think Cowblaster is right - it does look like a new wand that Egon is holding. Why you would position a new accessory to be pointed at the camera so you can't see it clearly in a promo shot is beyond me, though.

These are looking much better than I was expecting. I'm excited to see the ghosts, now.

AWESOME! And I agree with Cowblaster, Egon's wand is differen (you can clearly see a rounder brown shape around the end, similar to the cartoon tips). I love these.

AWESOME! And I agree with Cowblaster, Egon's wand is differen (you can clearly see a rounder brown shape around the end, similar to the cartoon tips). I love these.

RGBBX1.jpg

AND it's Season 1 Janine...

You know, RGB was a MUCH bigger part of my childhood then the movies were, the movies scared the fucking shit out of me (Library Ghost and Subway scene in GB2, brrrr!) so watching them was a rarity but every weekend I would watch the cartoon, my mother would program the VCR to tape it before going to work along with several other shows my brothers enjoyed, and we'd watch them during the afternoon when my father left for work while waiting for my mother to come home.

These things are absolutely goddamned PERFECT! I love what DST did with the movie line, but these are going to the center piece of my collection (and now to hope others love these as much as I do so we can at least get Peter and Winston to go with them..)

these are genuinely brilliant looking minimates, and are genuinely humbling in terms of nostalgia. Even without the reference pic posted by Jay, these look just as I remember them whilst growing up. Having been just the right age for The Real Ghostbusters cartoons, I can;t fully put into words the emotions these images bring to mind.

That said, already having 'had' to spend an absolute fortune tracking down all the ridiculous priced TrU ghosts for the movie line, I simply cannot justify buying any of these whatsoever. I'd absolutely love them all, but know once I start I will not be able to stop, and this is exactly where the TrU deal will well and truly f*ck me over... and I refuse to get involved in that with yet 'another' license.

Its a real (haha?) shame... I'd love these mates, but have to buy food, etc. from time to time... so have to say no.

OMG WAAAAANNNNTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm actually more excited for RGB than I was for movie GB! And I was never a big fan of the cartoon! Cartoons seem to lend themselves better to minimates, and I hope that the sales of RBG encourages DST to do more 80's cartoon properties in the future (BTTF did have a cartoon ya know!)

But I'm most excited to get more ghosts in this line :) I hope we see several waves of RBG, and I'll be buying every character for sure!

And as for Mattel, they may complain about their 6-inch figure sales, but $30 shipped? FORGET IT! I bought the first 4 GB and I'm done! $120 for 4 ghostbusters! What do they really expect from us? To buy every thing they put out at those prices?

Here's to DST!! I'm a minimates fan for life! :) Can't wait for toyfair!