UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2010 is shutting down

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'll be out for a few days after today, here's the final list. Everyone should have gotten their package by now (except for Bob Harris, who should see his soon). If you still haven't guessed (or don't want to) I've accomodated you.

blacksun 1520-TBT!

Bob Harris-

murderofcrows

boyd-Robbie

BrobotC –blacksun1520

eclipse-gledzee

gledzee-karamazov80

homestar17-eclipse

HRGMann-MsMarvelFan

jcastick-

Mattallica

karamazov80-Bob Harris

luke314pi-BrobotC

Mattallica-homestar17

minijeff-pickle

minimadman-

tommyfarr

MsMarvel Fan-youbastards

murderofcrows-minijeff

Nessex-Punisher

Ninja Mate-boyd

pickle-TheSpiderX

Punisher-minimadman

Robbie-vbpanizzi

TBT!-Ninja Mate

TheSpiderX-TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot-Nessex

tommyfarr

HRGMann

vbpanizzi-luke314pi

youbastards-jcastick

First off, thanks to you all for keeping up on your end of the bargain. There were no major glitches or fall throughs and that's a great thing. And I do apologize for the list of names not being available. In hindsight, having a hard copy made when have been a good backup.

I'd also like to get some feedback on how things went for everyone. I realized (after the fact) that before this year international members were grouped together and US members were together (which obviously didn't happen this year). I'd like to know how bad of a thing that was (feel free to bring your torches and pitchforks if you need to). And other than that, if there's any other feedback you'd like to share it would be appreciated. Obviously, it's not set in stone that I should run this again next year and if I failed to run this smoothly I'll gladly step aside for someone else.

Edited by groundhog7s

GroundHog, you did a great job and it seems things went pretty smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to set this up.

Also, well done to all those who took part, this sort of thing wouldn't work if all of you hadn't gone above and beyond with some of the gifts and got your stuff out without drama.

Well done everyone!

T.

Great job, Granny!

I really enjoyed it - and I'm still looking forward to get my gift. No worries, Sweet Santa O' Mine, a belated present is still an awesome one!

And I really liked the international thing, putting all participating members in one hat. Thing is, it's about giving (and receiving, I know, I know...) and I don't mind to send some stuff and pay a little more for shipping. This way, we are all in one boat and not seperated by regions. Or oceans that is. (After all, I do know more oversea-versers than I do know European ones. Don't even mention continental Europe. That's Aapje and me, right? :blush: )

So, all in all one of the best Secret Santa thingies I've ever participated in. (And I'm saying this without gotten my package yet.)

Go Granny!

If I end up doing it next year (or suggesting for anyone that replaces me) I will probably give the option to be in one of two matchings-one for no international at all and one for everyone else. I probably wasn't as clear in the directions about shipping outside of your country, but think that can easily be explained differently next year.

I thought this went great this year, thanks to all your planning and assistance. You should give yourself a big pat on the back.

Some suggestions:

I do think that dividing it into an international / domestic group is a good idea. Also, maybe starting a little sooner this year, like getting the names before Thanksgiving. And everyone should get a pony.

I think you also did a swell job, Super Smashed-Up Piggy. :buttrock:

Not sure about the international thing. I kind of agree with Bob, in that it seems like a real single community that you are interacting with. But on the other hand, it is much easier for folks in the U.S. to print out postage and stick a padded envelope in your mailbox. So from a laziness standpoint, I like that idea. But whatever the case, giving folks some extra time seems like a good thing, since postal services are usually at their slowest at this time of year.

G-Hog, i think you did a bang-up job.

I REALLY liked the international thing. I'm always happy to ship overseas, otherwise, i'd have the same person every year for SS (I think there's only a couple of us in Aus). Sure - the shipping rates suck, but i don't mind spending the money to be a part of the MMMV and bringing someone some x-mas chher (not to mention getting some in return :P).

Thanks for organising this years festivities. It was jolly good fun :thumbsup:

EDIT: I meant x-mas cheer, not x-mas chher. . . x-mas cher would be something truly disturbing!

Edited by Nessex

Mattillica you not so directly say?

Wow, that makes me feel a bit like Yoda when you put it that way.

Was only meant with the best of intentions :)

I'd really like to thank Mattillica (finally) for the wonderful gift, Thanks man!!!

And I think you did a great job working this thing out, everything seemed to go on without a hitch!

yes you did very orginized -supurb job

Bro, you did great! :thumbsup:

I agree with Bob & some of the others -- I like everything to be a mixed bag, international & domestic all together. Maybe give people the option when you (or whomever does it in the future) put up the info to be filled out, like if they want to stay local or not. That way, everybody's happy!