UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say keep it open, not just limited to minimates...

If you pick someone who's a 'have it all' then get creative and send something else, maybe something you saw and thought oh thats cool or suits their personality etc.

I do agree that it shouldn't be some thing that breaks the bank though.

T.

This is definitely for the fun of it. The whole getting a secret package deal it kinda cool.

Still not sure what to completely think of it though and if I should participate.

If you pick someone who's a 'have it all' then get creative and send something else, maybe something you saw and thought oh thats cool or suits their personality etc.

T.

I agree, I would probably prefer a random yo-yo or flash light than just any random minimate. :P

T.

I agree, I would probably prefer a random yo-yo or flash light than just any random minimate. :P

The thought - at least on another forum I've done this on way back when was to list a general idea of things you've an interest in as well as the 'mates you want/need. Like Shanester could easily get something 'mate related or Hulk related. A customizer could get a nice set of brushes or some decal paper and paints. Timbo could get a (another?) pimp hat. Etc.

Don't worry guys - I think this could turn out to be fun for all who participate. Give Ady a chance to get things together with whomever is going to help out and we'll go from there.

count me in guys/gals........on a side note, i did this on a lego forum a few years ago, and sent a custom Spawn minifig, the guy sent it back to me saying thanks anyway, but "i'm not a spawn fan", plus i never got anything from the person linked up with me :(

There are many ways for this to be done, its basically getting it down to the right one for the board and how many members want to participate, I also suggest a limit to be spent present wise, as not everyone will have a huge amount of money as it wouldnt be fair if Timbo sent Fuji's a Harley (not gonna happen) and if Fuji's sends Timbo a Pair of socks :P So setting an amount would be idealistic you can spend under it but not over it ;)

That's a must do. I'm not exactly full of money, but I'd love to participate.

same here, count me in for sure

yeah, it was pretty ignorant I felt. I would have rather he just threw it out, it actually depressed me for a minute. here is a pic of the poor little guy, who almost ended up on the island of misfit toys ;)

spawn.jpg

nice paint job, that is really awesome

who cares if you're a spawn fan? that is a really good looking figure

I just want to point out something.

Something like this could not be done at other forums I've visited and/or been a part of in the past. (Not just minimate/AA related forums either - we couldn't pull something like this off at LOG - we weren't a close enough group.) So I think it really shows what a great forum Ady has created as well as what a great community everyone has contributed to, to make something like this possible.

Thanks to all.

Yeah I concur with Reideen, its things like this that really hammer home how much of a close knit group we all are. As I've said in the past while I've admined/modded other boards over the years this is the first one I've been responsible for creating/funding (with help from "the others") and it wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for the fact I wanted to keep in touch with all you guys.