UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

Monroeville, about 10 miles from Downtown Pittsburgh

Zombieland!?!?!

Yup indeed! Where the Zombie Apocalypse will begin!

Dude! I used to go to Monroeville every year for the Pittsburgh Comicon.

Still a really good Con to go to....had a really great time during the last one!

By the way, nothing in Monroeville, PA still..... as per my rant thread:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...st&p=181309

Edited by jcastick

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monroeville, about 10 miles from Downtown Pittsburgh

Zombieland!?!?!

Yup indeed! Where the Zombie Apocalypse will begin!

Dude! I used to go to Monroeville every year for the Pittsburgh Comicon.

Still a really good Con to go to....had a really great time during the last one!

By the way, nothing in Monroeville, PA still..... as per my rant thread:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...st&p=181309

yeah my brother still drives in for it but when I moved from Cleveland to NC I stopped going. I just go to Heroescon in Charlotte now.

only mags/wolvie shows available now. Cannonball shows available but they won't let you put it in the cart. TRU sucks.

FYI, as of 10AM Monday, Feb 14, EST, they are showing up in stock on the TRU website, limit 2 per customer.

Edit: Wow that was quick...Magik & Warlock are out of stock again.

Edited by LDroome

2 full sets + still peg warming at my TRU.

Would you be willing to pick up the three X related sets and send them to me?

If you have paypal or something I can send you the money.

Thanks,

ARuloff

Its my understanding that they are all gone now. but will check today.

2 full sets + still peg warming at my TRU.

Would you be willing to pick up the three X related sets and send them to me?

If you have paypal or something I can send you the money.

Thanks,

ARuloff

Its my understanding that they are all gone now. but will check today.

Great thank you!

Even if there are just 1 or 2 sets left, I would be really grateful if you could pick those up.

Thanks,

ARuloff

Edited by ARuloff

Missed them online yet again. :/

I took the item # up to the counter at my TRU today and twenty minutes and two employees later I was told that they won't be getting more of that item in. Of course the FF4 sets were all they ever had.

Guess I'll be resorting to secondary markets on this one.

Went up to Cincinnati yesterday and had time to hit one TRU of the 3 I know in the area. Of course Cannonball/Shatterstar and Magik/Warlock were gone; the shiny "exclusive" stickers on them were too much for the local Flea Market Raiders to resist.

Still they had about 7 or 8 Wolvy/Mags packs and from among them I was able to pick one that had something resembling straight eyes on Logan's mask.

It's a much better pack than I was expecting that was for sure. Haven't gotten to really enjoy Magneto yet as removing the 'dark' head from his helmet may be the single most difficult task ever attempted by humankind.

Seriously that helmet has a death grip on it that I haven't been able to break over the past day. I can't force the head on the torso block to pop get leverage to pop the head off; the spikes on the helmet jam in your fingers and the joint won't pop in the gap to save my life! Right now I'm freezing the torso block and getting ready to boil the head/helmet. Hopefully that will do it.

The fact that these are lasting on the TRU site for less than the average sellout of a figure on Mattycollector is really irritating. My store doesn't seem capable of restocking ANY minimates that aren't Halo and it looks bleaker every day. We had one shipment of MAX that when I came back the next day after getting paid were completely gone. Not a peep of Marvel since the first shipments of the FF wave.

We did get about 20 of the Cap packs but they actually sold all of them! Surprising considering that the only 'mates I've seen sell to kids are the Ghostbusters ones.

ok... would the next person who hits up a Toys R Us and sees extra cannonball/shatterstar and magik/warlock mates be willing to hook me up?? i've seriously given up hope that these are going to come in, considering the full set of FF mates we still have... i'd be glad to pay you thru paypal and maybe a little extra for your trouble... though not ebay prices extra...

As many others here, I've had no luck finding these :( My TRU still has over 3 cases of the FF wave on the pegs, a million BSG packs and they just got in a new case of the Wolfman/Creature mates. All I flippin want is the Magik/Warlock pack, and here I am with a $25 gift card to TRU burning a hole in my pocket. I almost bought Legos with it today.

BS

Just an FYI for everyone: Today I was at one of my local TRUs and it seemed as though they were getting ready for the big reset. Things were shifted around and space was available for something new, you know, you're general reshuffling. It could mean that all the stores are getting ready for a new shipment of wave 9 here soon. Either that, or wave 10 is on the way and there's going to be a lot of unhappy people around these parts.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.

Tell me if this is true for anyone else, because it's COMPLETELY true for me...

Whenever you luck out and find the first shipment of a set of TRU minimates, and buy the whole wave up. That series gets restocked about 4 times consecutively at your TRU afterward.

Whenever you MISS the first shipment of a set of TRU minimates, they never restock it again and you have to buy it on ebay.

Both scenarios have happened to me at least 4 times.

Seems like I always get the first shipment on the ones they restock plentifully, and miss the first (and only) shipment on the ones they don't.

It's maddening! >_<

It seems that in Central VA they're all gone. I was so surprised to see these right before Christmas, I think a lot of folks were caught off-guard.

And Gillbob, I've seen that that phenomenon as well. This is the first wave that some of my fellow collectors across the pond haven't asked me to pick up for them, so I haven't paid as close attention on this wave, but the last few, you're spot on.

They hit NYC at times square, bad news its all spidey and wolvy sets. Tgey re hittin the east coast ima check in nj now

Tell me about it. They've had those Spidey/Lizard and Wolverine/Magneto at TRU Times Square for more than a month. Also, a mix of Iron Man 2 and a few Lockjaw's in the mix. Most of the FF were gone when I last checked.

jd

i finally gave in and bought Cannonball/Shatterstar and Magik/Warlock on ebay last night. paid about double what i'd pay at tru for each, but it was still the 'best' deal i've seen on there... now watch, i'll find them in Portland this weekend...

Portland seems drier that a... ( oh yeah I cant say that it's a family friendly site) for TRU stuff right now.

I'm just about to head to a store thats near the Jantzen beach TRU and will let you know if I find anything.

*EDIT* Nope if anything it's worse than before there is now only an endcap with mix of BG MU and IM waves that are being "clearanced". The regular peg spots where minimates have been before are gone!

I wonder if this means no more new minimates for this store?

T.

Way things work in Greenville is that we'll get a wave of Minimates in, I buy my share, maybe a few extras to help move things along, and all is right in the world. Then, the next wave hits TRU's website, and I pass on them because we got the last one in stores. Then they don't ever get the next wave in stores, I spend a bunch on eBay to secure what I want. So, next time, they pop up on the website, I swoop in and buy some, only to have them show up in stores. I can't justify buying them twice since I do have a budget, so I pass on the ones in stores, maybe buy a duplicate or two. These clog up the store shelves, which means next time they don't put them on shelves, which is a shame because I skipped them online since they showed up last time....

It's very frustrating and hard to pinpoint which waves I need to plan on buying locally and which ones I need to forget and grab them online. And this only happens on the Marvel stuff. My local store has grabbed everything else, be it vehicles or 2-packs, but they can't seem to keep up with Marvel. Its entirely possible that they just don't put the newest case out since there's stuff left from the old case, and if at least one employee at my store cared about the customer, I could probably get them to check in back.

Anyway, these things aren't in Greenville yet.

I was fortunate enough to get the Cannonball/Shatterstar and Magik/Warlock 2-packs when they first came out, but I haven't seen them in stores since then. I will keep an eye out, though, and pick some more up if I find any, and will gladly send them to anyone still missing them. I can't promise anything, though, since it's unlikely I'll see them in stock again. :(