UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

I finally opened up the two packs I got from eBay, and I can not get Wolverine's mask off. I stuck it in the freezer for an hour and it still wouldn't budge. It's probably painted on or something. Wouldn't be so bad except that it's crooked on his head of course. Magneto's extra head won't fit on the peg, or of the peg of a few other figures I tried. So I can't get his helmet off, either.

Magik and Warlock are pretty cool, though. Looking forward to getting the rest of my New Mutants so I can. . .put them in the same bag in storage :(

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally opened up the two packs I got from eBay, and I can not get Wolverine's mask off. I stuck it in the freezer for an hour and it still wouldn't budge. It's probably painted on or something. Wouldn't be so bad except that it's crooked on his head of course. Magneto's extra head won't fit on the peg, or of the peg of a few other figures I tried. So I can't get his helmet off, either.

Magik and Warlock are pretty cool, though. Looking forward to getting the rest of my New Mutants so I can. . .put them in the same bag in storage :(

How would putting it in the freezer help? When I've had this problem in the past, I microwave a glass of water for about a minute. I then put the Minimate in the water for a minute or two. You should be able to pop the mask/helmet/hair right off (anything that's stuck).

How would putting it in the freezer help?

Sometimes the plastics contract at slightly different rates, which makes it easier to slip masks off/put heads on. It doesn't always work, but it has a reasonable track record of success.

The hot water trick is essentially the same thing.

I haven't tried anything else yet (apart from elbow grease), but using the freezer usually--for whatever reason--allows you to pull the mask off while the head stays on the body fairly well. Putting it in hot water, in my experience, is also likely to make the head pop off the body more easily, which doesn't always help when trying to get the mask off. But I might give it a shot.

^That's how I got my set. They weren't even scanned in the back, but computer said they had 19 on the floor and only had 7 out, so a case of 12 was missing. They checked the unprocessed stuff in the bay and found a case.

what is the item number? and will these include the fantastic four wave, as well? i have a feeling we're not going to get these, since we pretty much have a full set of the ff wave... i'm hoping this won't be a problem with wave 10, since it's a different sku or whatever, and the inventory won't show there are still a bunch left...

I just went ahead an bought the wave on eBay cause they still haven't shown up at my TRU and I doubt that they will at this point considering past experience. I was ok with how much I paid on eBay though so oh well here's hoping that wave 10 shows up no problem.

I went in to a local one yesterday to see what had been marked down (Max, Universal Monsters), and I was planning to pick up the Series 9 leftovers that had been sitting around for a while (couple of Magik sets, 1 Cannonball set), and ALL of the Marvel mates were gone, even Thor/Lady Loki. The store had done a reset, and while there were IM2 mates pegs, there were NO pegs/tags for Marvel sets.

I'm sure it was an oversight... I'm sure they're just sitting in a cart in the back room... but it really surprised me to see nothing.

I went in to a local one yesterday to see what had been marked down (Max, Universal Monsters), and I was planning to pick up the Series 9 leftovers that had been sitting around for a while (couple of Magik sets, 1 Cannonball set), and ALL of the Marvel mates were gone, even Thor/Lady Loki. The store had done a reset, and while there were IM2 mates pegs, there were NO pegs/tags for Marvel sets.

I'm sure it was an oversight... I'm sure they're just sitting in a cart in the back room... but it really surprised me to see nothing.

One of my local stores did something similar last year. Marvel Minimates ended up a couple of aisles over grouped with the rest of the Minimates. IM2 'mates stayed where they were. They've done some minor resets since. I find it more annoying than anything when they keep moving stuff.

Magik/warlock are showing sold out on my end.

Just as a heads up also (I know it won't help much in this case because they might not last long). But TRU has a new in store system called their Store Ordering System. My friend told me about it the other day when I was in and ordered the DCUC Raven from their website that way. It's available for instock items on the TRU website that are shown as "Sold in Stores" and on most items it allows you to get free shipping. It didn't work for video games/systems and super heavy stuff.