UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting worried that the store near me wouldn't get them in. Called the store that they showed me on the computer there that should have just gotten a case in. Called them up and the guy was able to hold the 2 exclusives for me until I got down there (45 minute drive). I was able to get the last two, so no extras of them. Also grabbed the Magneto/Wolvie set.

Glad this hunt is over, this wave gave me more trouble than the rest. Even back when whey were 1 per case.

I went down to TRU this morning to look for some extra packs for a member here, I know they had a few of this wave (9) when I went in yesterday, I bought one lizard/spiderman pack, all they had left for minimates was the pack I bought and 1 Black Lagoon pack, one FF pack, that was it. I was happy that I finished off this wave, but a little disappointed I couldn't help anyone out. I'll check back when the next truck comes in.

After picking up my mate I went to check out the lego minifigs they just got in. There was a guy in his late 40's feeling up packs with a stack of 20 or so pulled off to the side. He had print out's telling you what to feel for, and acted like I was interrupting a sacred ritual. I told him the only one I was interested in was the fisherman and he hands me a pack saying that "he's pretty sure it contains said fisherman", "man what a nice guy" I'm thinking. I leave him alone buy my pack and open it up in the car... Indian Chief... I get home and read that they were only shipping one fisherman per box, (I read this on the same site he had print outs from) and the bottoms have little dots used to identify the figs. You really think homeboy was giving me his only chance at that fisherman, or you think I got played, I kind of feel played.

These are still not in the Greenville NC store, which means it looks like eBay will be my best bet now, unless someone can hook me up with the assortment.

On the bright side, we still have some Thor/Lady Loki sets, a Storm/Klaw set, one or two Human Torch/Thing sets, a Secret Wars box set (damaged), probably a case or so of Iron Man 2 (now on clearance!), a case or so of Universal Monsters, maybe half a case of HALO, a case or so of MAX vehicles, a case or so of Warthogs, a case or so of BSG flyers, and a few left over BSG sets. There might even be a few Wolverine Origin sets.

I fell your pain about wolverine, and the Lizard... My wife has this special way of making me feel like shit about my toys sometimes. For instance, with the Lizard it was just so whats wrong with his legs, they look just a little damaged, maybe you should just return it. Well there's the problem for us minimate collectors, if we return them who knows the next time we'd be able to get the Lizard, defects and all, and my collection would subsequently not be whole. My first Woverine/Mag pack I bought was missing Mags flight stand and his energy balls. I went back to return/exchange it, but I wasn't about to let it go if they didn't have something to exchange it for... I'd rather have good pieces, but I'm about to let it go if I don't have a chance at another. My lizard Legs and Spideys arms are falling off more than Charlie Sheen falls off the wagon BTW.

MGM

P.S. This just came in from Charlie Sheen, "There's a wagon?"

It's funny there's a TRU with that exact same line up the only difference is we have a couple of the wonderman/unionjack sets. I think those will be a hot ticket with the new cap movie coming out, or we'll have an updated union to play with.

Still haven't seen this wave in my next of the woods in PA, so I know where the New Englanders are coming from.

What part? I have seen them near Philly.

Monroeville, about 10 miles from Downtown Pittsburgh

Zombieland!?!?!

Still haven't seen this wave in my next of the woods in PA, so I know where the New Englanders are coming from.

What part? I have seen them near Philly.

And I found these yesterday at the one in Allentown. They should have everybody left but Warlock and Magik... 'cause I bought the last one, and one of the Spidey/Lizard sets. Used my Christmas Rewards too! I couldn't bring myself to buy Cannonball and Shatterstar, though, because I just hate Shatterstar so much....

I would expect that these will be showing up regularly over the next week or two. TRU seems to be just now getting new things in, so hopefully the post-Christmas inventory that reportedly delayed things a bit is all done.

Checked my TRU today, again, and had them rub the numbers. Nothing on the manifest for tomorrow and they are down to one truck a week :( What am I supposed to spend my rewards on now....

Checked my TRU today, again, and had them rub the numbers. Nothing on the manifest for tomorrow and they are down to one truck a week :( What am I supposed to spend my rewards on now....

This. I have $40+ rewards dollars to spend by end of the month.

I have 1 Wolverine/Magneto set that I was going to return back to the store. Magneto's feet wont stay on, paint isnt all that great and Wolverines mask has a small cut/line on it. but if someone wants to buy it before I return it lemme know. Cost + shipping.

Pending.

Edited by Ninja Mate

I have 1 Wolverine/Magneto set that I was going to return back to the store. Magneto's feet wont stay on, paint isnt all that great and Wolverines mask has a small cut/line on it. but if someone wants to buy it before I return it lemme know. Cost + shipping.

I checked my local TRU yesterday. Still nothing.

any idea when these will be popping up? from the NYCC pics, there little display card said November '10... i've been checking back here to see if anyone has spotted them yet, but so far i'm guess not? i'm really excited to add Magik and Warlocke to my New Mutants set! and Cannonball and Shatterstar to X-Force.

I found these today, I didn't get Wolverine/Magneto or Spiderman/Lizard, but I got the other two.

BBTS has the wolverine/mag set left still. Just type wave 09