UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

Apologies if this has already been commented on, but has anyone explained why the Magik figure as labeled as 'New Mutants Magik'?

Are we expecting a Magik variant? Perhaps a Limbo/DarkChild Magik?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed it was just to associate the character with the New Mutants boxset, but then why doesn't Warlock have the same title in front of him? Maybe you are on to a subtle hint that we might be seeing another version of her. It would make sense for DST to reuse the Soulsword and teleport base to help recoup tooling costs.

Maybe one of the new Thor movie Loki or Odin helmets will also be used for a future Limbo version?

Take the cape off and push like a melon-farmer!!!!

Once you get it on the first time, it's a lot easier to remove and reattach.

I've tried without much success so far. And yeah, anyone who knows me knows that I ain't no melon farmer. The neck was starting to chip away at the paint and I'm afraid of damaging that ball so I stopped for now. An alternative would probably be scraping the inside of the head a little.

This might sound funny but put the figure in the freezer, brew a pot of coffee, shave, ponder how cool magneto will look with his dark face/helmet on, and take the figure out. The head should come off fairly easily now... It sounds weird but this technique has saved me quite a few of my plastic appendages... Good luck

MGM

P.S. I've seen the new set in my local TRU a total of 2 days, I started buying minimates specifically because I wanted Colossus's little sis, and I have to say I was hooked from the first slide of my exacto against the top and side tape of the box... I'm now eagerly awaiting wave 9 and my wallet is hoping wave 11 is a dud because so far I want everything they're putting out.

The Spiderman/Lizard set is plentiful at my TRU and there are a few brown Wolverine/Mag's sets if anyone want's to cover S&H Plus cost I can pick them up the next time I'm there... I don't have Paypal so maybe there's a way to work out some sort of COD through UPS, I'd also be down for trades...

BBTS has the shatterstar/cannon ball set in stock, but they want 15.99 for it.

These are sold out already. Not worried cause I got mine form eBay for the similar price but I hate seeing other stores with a good quantity as they clearly picked off a store or two.

angel warpath part deux

Which is why I bought my sets and extra to make Doug on ebay now because I know they will never show back up online and I feel from the glut of unsold iron man and fantastic four my TRU like many others are skipping this wave.

I expect to see the AoA wave in full force once the older stock is clearanced out.

I found these yesterday. With great sadness I discovered that Warlock was missing his boot. If any kind soul picked up an extra to make Douglock and doesn't need that extra boot, please pm me.

This might sound funny but put the figure in the freezer, brew a pot of coffee, shave, ponder how cool magneto will look with his dark face/helmet on, and take the figure out. The head should come off fairly easily now... It sounds weird but this technique has saved me quite a few of my plastic appendages... Good luck

Walk the dog, check the Magneto.

angel warpath part deux

Shouldn't be. Forgetting the fact that X-Factor are much more popular and well known than New Mutants, these were 2 per case, right?

Of course, it is possible that these weren't released in the same numbers as previous releases.

But if I can't get these for more reasonable prices than eBay currently has, I'm just gonna pass. Screw $20 plus shipping for a new 2-pack.

I'm really surprised about the availability of these, and feel very lucky to have found the ones that I have. It's officially been over a month since these were first spotted, so hopefully we'll see some more trickle out here soon, before we have to worry about Wave 10.

I know of at least 5 TRU within 40 miles of me that haven't gotten a single case, so I'm not quite getting the reasoning why some stores are getting them and others aren't, as these should all be from the same Distribution Center. I know that 3 of the 5 stores have less Wave 8 on-hand than my local store that got 1 case of Wave 9.

Nothing at my TRU still, although I was informed several of the TRU in the Salt Lake City Valley did get them in. My TRU is in the same district or whatever they call it so I don't understand why mine didn't get the wave when the other stores did. Is each store on it own different shipment schedule?

Never mind, I don't want to try to understand the unfathomable ways of the TRU.

Edited by gambitron

Still haven't seen this wave in my next of the woods in PA, so I know where the New Englanders are coming from.

What part? I have seen them near Philly.

Never mind, I don't want to try to understand the unfathomable ways of the TRU.

"the TRU" I love it, like it's some kind of secret society :lol:

BS

Haven't you seen their secret handshake and their decoder rings?

Edited by gambitron

Damn stopped by my closest TRU today and talked to my friend. He showed the on the computer that the warehouse still has them, but they haven't shipped any to that store yet. They are just trickling them out in small numbers to random stores. He did say that the store 40 minutes south has them pending so I might call them tomorrow and go there after work if they have them and I can get them to hold them.

Our store seemed to get like one shipment in, and of course the Magik/Warlock and Cannonball/Shatterstar sets were already gone when I got to them... Basically how they seem to get ALL the minimates. One to two shipments of minimates in and then nothing to refill them.

Broke down and ebayed the sets from this exclusive wave since I have a feeling I'll not see a restocking.

If I did, though I probaly would get another Magik/Warlock set for the Douglock possibilty.

Our store seemed to get like one shipment in, and of course the Magik/Warlock and Cannonball/Shatterstar sets were already gone when I got to them... Basically how they seem to get ALL the minimates. One to two shipments of minimates in and then nothing to refill them.

Broke down and ebayed the sets from this exclusive wave since I have a feeling I'll not see a restocking.

If I did, though I probaly would get another Magik/Warlock set for the Douglock possibilty.

I want to eBay them, I don't mind the cost that much as Shatterstar is one of my favorite Marvel characters I just wanted to buy multiples of the Shatterstar and Magik/Warlock sets for the blast stand and a Cypher minimate. Shelling out $40 for two sets just is too much right now.

The Local (which means an hour away for me) Toys R Us only had Spider-man/Lizard packs so I picked one up. Got it home and found that the Lizard was missing a hand. I went back with hopes of returning it the next weekend and surprise, they had the entire wave out.

The first time around they told me they had sold out of the others, which I hope means they're getting plenty of these for some reason.