UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to hear that about brown Wolvie. That's a figure that is long-overdue for a figure that does it justice given DST's current capabilities (in the design, not QC department). If done right, it would easily be one of the figures constantly on display in my collection.

Yeah, I even saw the stress marks on the legs of other peoples' photos of him, so that's widespread too. You can really see it on the photos in page 5's pics if you look at the upper parts where the legs connect to the pegs there.

The thing that has always bugs me with Wolverine minimates is the eyes on the masks. You find you have to really be looking at them to find one that at least doesn't look wonky as heck, but from all the brown Wolverines I'm seeing it looks like all are going to have high up eyes.

I wish DST would get the QC issues really back on a positive track somehow. With so many issues lately like the Spidey 4-pack from a little while back, or the 4-pack Monsters sets (the ladies), and stuff like cutting corners like with the Spidey webbing and so on...

The main toys r us I hit had a restock this morning.

The one I hit on my way home (which is still set up like 80s with aisle 7c and diapers in the back on stock rollers) had nothing new, but I found a X-men origins wolverine Special Ops Logan and Deadpool for 4 bucks.

I checked my TRU today and had no luck. I asked for someone to look them up and he said none were pending. It did show 420 in the DIstribution Center though. Hopefully next week.

Remember folks, look inside the little windows on the packaging. They're not there to just help the poor claustrophobic Minimates.* DST kindly put them there for you to use as well. Please pay attention. Don't be like Ivan, don't be a dip. :D

TRU9mixup.jpg

*Not all Minimates are claustrophobic, just the pansy ones.

Checked my TRU after work, they had nothing new stocked. I asked customer serve to check, she took the code from the warlock set online and found 7 in stock, she went to the back yet returned with sad news. Apparently the code was for all marvle minimates, she said they had nothing new and no idea when new would come and said since the pegs were full off the older product that it did not look good for new minimates.

:blink:

Also, should point out for those that end up placing orders online, the GB Ready To Believe You set dropped to $10 and they still have the GB Videogame set for $4.

oh dam I need that ready to believe set!!

wheres a usa tru angel when you need one! :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

Checked my TRU after work, they had nothing new stocked. I asked customer serve to check, she took the code from the warlock set online and found 7 in stock, she went to the back yet returned with sad news. Apparently the code was for all marvle minimates, she said they had nothing new and no idea when new would come and said since the pegs were full off the older product that it did not look good for new minimates.

yeah, wave 9 shares the same code as the Fantastic Four wave. Wave 10 they are finally going to one sku per wave.

I haven't had any luck down here in FL. They are in the warehouse, but not on this weeks truck. Hopefully next week.

...which is why I never understand all the panic that comes out if people don't find these in the first 48 hours of their sitings.

X-Factor Angel/Warpath

Bullseye/Moonstone

Granted, these were both 1 per case packs, but the secondary market prices really screwed over a LOT of collectors and when new TRU exclusives are released, everyone is reminded of those 2 releases.

That wound hasn't really healed, thus people scrambling to get these when they finally hit the market.

...which is why I never understand all the panic that comes out if people don't find these in the first 48 hours of their sitings.

X-Factor Angel/Warpath

Bullseye/Moonstone

Granted, these were both 1 per case packs, but the secondary market prices really screwed over a LOT of collectors and when new TRU exclusives are released, everyone is reminded of those 2 releases.

That wound hasn't really healed, thus people scrambling to get these when they finally hit the market.

And let's not forget Hulkbuster.

Scalpers aside, there are some areas of the country where certain waves literally never, ever, arrived. Because of the unreliable distribution, one can't be sure he won't see a given 2-pack at retail until it's too late.

Edited by Cappy

X-Factor Angel/Warpath

Bullseye/Moonstone

And let's not forget Hulkbuster.

Scalpers aside, there are some areas of the country where certain waves literally never, ever, arrived. Because of the unreliable distribution, one can't be sure he won't see a given 2-pack at retail until it's too late.

Did Hulkbuster end up being all that hard to find? I saw that pack several times. Sure, it wasn't pegwarming, but I didn't think it remained especially rare.

I understand the feeling that, if you don't get something you want right away when it comes out, you might never see it again. It's certainly not exclusive to Minimate collectors amongst the toy community. I just never understand why people start running around like Chicken Little if whatever new thing isn't in their store first thing. It's one thing if you see the remnants of the wave, because you can never be sure they will restock. But when they haven't even come in yet... relax.

I guess my Minimate experience with TRU has been very different from some other people. The only pack I never found was Angel/Warpath, and I didn't particularly want it, so I didn't sweat it. The last few waves, even if they didn't show up right away, have been plentiful and, almost as important, restocked. Dealing with TRU is much, much more preferable to Wal-Mart, Target, and even your LCBS, in my humble opinion.

Bear in mind that my experience of TRU sets is based entirely on what I read here ,ebay & PMs from people giving me help finding them ............

It seems to me that most TRU sets are 'available' during a brief 2 month window ,scarce at first then more plentiful & then the popular sets disappear completely from ebay, except at ridiculous prices*. The HB/LJ sets were slow to show but then they did, in the second month of that window, there was a deluge of them That may not be a lot of comfort for you guys that trawl all your local TRUs but that's the way I see it . With Wave 9 we know they are out there & we know TRU.com have at least some of them, we are therefore in the early days & there ought to be a few weeks left for us all to get our fix.

Leastways I bloody well hope so :(

* Try finding a once plentiful, Logan/Hawkeye set now !

Edited by buttheadsmate