UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked my TRU yesterday and while they had appeared to have moved 4 of the 20 Fantastic Four packs, there was no sign of wave 9. I am hoping that these show up soon; either in store or online.

Online would work for me since I broke down and signed up for the shoprunner deal when I noticed that they had gotten back in a few of the SDCC Halo Noble 7 figures. That and $4 for the Ghostbuster Ghosts set. **crosses fingers that they show up before Jan 29**

Still nothing here, I had them check the computer and they just came into the warehouse for this region, but were not on the truck for this week. Hopefully next week. I remember earlier this year one of the Ironman movie waves of mates were in the warehouse for a month before they started to ship out.

Does anybody else think that we'll have the same problem with this wave when wave 10 comes out as we do with the current FF wave? Granted, it'll be a different item number but it seems like it'll be slowly and painfully fed to us in small morsels and then when we want wave 10, wave 9 will be plentiful.

i aim starting to worry as well so far no sightings in Washington yet- my fingers are crossed for this friday

I hit up the 3 TRU in Toledo, OH today, no luck.

I had a nice conversation with one of the managers though. She said that next week they will start restocking pretty heavily. She couldn't tell me anything specific about Minimates, but said that her store is in the same distribution region as the TRU.com fulfillment center, so if they haven't hit the website then that means the regional warehouse doesn't have them yet. Once they are instock online, then her store should be receiving them soon after that.

That explains why other areas have had them in the store and why they haven't hit the website yet, different distribution regions.

I'm not starting to worry...yet. :blush:

Does anybody else think that we'll have the same problem with this wave when wave 10 comes out as we do with the current FF wave? Granted, it'll be a different item number but it seems like it'll be slowly and painfully fed to us in small morsels and then when we want wave 10, wave 9 will be plentiful.

I'm probably more impatient than most people, but wouldn't you rather have "late" than "never"? shrugshoulders.gif

I know I would...

I think we should pause and savor this moment of heightened anticipation, so that in two months, when the pegs of our TRUs are clogged with Six-Armed Spideys and Brown Wolvies, we can look back and laugh. Or, possibly, freak out that THEY'RE SKIPPING WAVE 10 OMG MY TRU JUST RESTOCKED WAVE 9 AGAIN!!!11!1!

:D

I hit up the 3 TRU in Toledo, OH today, no luck.

I had a nice conversation with one of the managers though. She said that next week they will start restocking pretty heavily. She couldn't tell me anything specific about Minimates, but said that her store is in the same distribution region as the TRU.com fulfillment center, so if they haven't hit the website then that means the regional warehouse doesn't have them yet. Once they are instock online, then her store should be receiving them soon after that.

That explains why other areas have had them in the store and why they haven't hit the website yet, different distribution regions.

I'm not starting to worry...yet. :blush:

Thanks for the update. Yeah my TRU has been good lately with getting in the waves but with all the left overs from the past year I'm worried they'll skip this wave, so I'm betting on the website.

I just wish the Marvel mates sold like Halo, my TRU has restocked Halo mates 3 times since Christmas.

I think we should pause and savor this moment of heightened anticipation, so that in two months, when the pegs of our TRUs are clogged with Six-Armed Spideys and Brown Wolvies, we can look back and laugh. Or, possibly, freak out that THEY'RE SKIPPING WAVE 10 OMG MY TRU JUST RESTOCKED WAVE 9 AGAIN!!!11!1!

:D

We have to remember this too, the pegwarming non-shortpacks will probably eventually disappear. I haven't seen Thor/Loki in ages but the IMs and FFs seem to be filling the void just fine and I'm sure will welcome 6-ey Spidey and Wolvie into the club. ;)

I can't claim to have much experience with the US TRU's, but i did work in an Australian one for a while back in my Uni days & the Christmas/New Years period there was always crazy.

I think it's just one of those times of year where everything slows down a bit because everything shuts down a bit. Deliveries are late & erratic. Stock that sells well or is expensive gets prioritized for display.

I have faith that we'll all eventually get our Shatterstars & Magiks . . . we might just have to wait for TRU to get it's @rse into gear.

found them today :)

a couple of things ive noticed that i dont think anyones mentioned yet-

Shatterstar- hands cannot hold his swords, his right arms socket is very shallow( i have two and they are bot the same) to the point that his arm hangs way off the ball joint.

Doug- doesnt come with a "normal" lower right arm so you cant completely transform him into "human" form but comes with two extra black hands and two extra black feet even though he already has one normal black foot on

Wolverine- sports new hair and a new mask

Magneto-a sharp x-acto blade and a quick twist to remove a thin slice off the lip inside the head hole fixes that tight "dark" head in a jiffy ;)

Spider-man- darkerer shade of blue vs. wave 37 version(mate is molded in blue/wave 37 version painted blue over a white mate),white of eyes is smaller and slightly different shape than wave 37 version, red of belt goes all the way around "hips" wave 37 version is red only on front, bare arm flesh tone is different than wave 37 version. 100923kk vs. 101029kk

Lizard- all colors are different shades than those on wave 37 version as tru version uses parts that are molded in the color and the wave 37 version is painted on top of a white mate, 100923kk vs. 101029kk

Edited by Mattallica

good eye now i want the t.r.us version of lizard more

Shatterstar- hands cannot hold his swords, his right arms socket is very shallow( i have two and they are bot the same) to the point that his arm hangs way off the ball joint.

Dang! Why do they insist on creating accessories that minimates can't hold? Cables guns were kinda claw killers too.

Ah well - at least we are getting Shatty-buns. Better to get him and have trouble with his swords, than to not get him at all.

Dang! Why do they insist on creating accessories that minimates can't hold? Cables guns were kinda claw killers too.

Ah well - at least we are getting Shatty-buns. Better to get him and have trouble with his swords, than to not get him at all.

its actually a flaw with the hands/gloves as the openings are not the standard slit with a rounded out type palm(if that makes sense) and more of just a slit. standard mates should be able to hold his swords :(

Edited by Mattallica

its actually a flaw with the hands/gloves as the openings are not the standars slit with a rounded out type palm(if that makes sense) and more of just a slit. standard mates should be able to hold his swords :(

Ah - yeah, it might be time to re-sculpt the old Cap A gloves, from many moons ago?

Still. . . at least it means i can just give shatty normal hands to hold his sword.

Nothing in Northern California yet.... but we always get that stuff last. Not much restocking going on at my TRU - more like restoration at this point.

This store looked like it was mauled by about 1000 hyperkinetic second graders during a 7.8 earthquake. Hopefully some new stock shows up soon

Edited by captain_cbecker