UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

Still no luck at either of the two nearest TRU's and it looks that I have to wait until Friday for a new truck at either store.

Seeing a couple of the Shatterstar/Cannonball and Magik/Warlock sets on eBay is tempting but I don't want to shell out a ton of cash when I know i'll eventually see them on the pegs at my local star, ahhh I hate the waiting game.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a generic "we're sorry" with an insert item mentioned part to it.

Yep, which means now I have to fret about how I'll be able to get these with a TRU an hour and a half away and no extra money to afford driving over there all the time.

Phooey. If anybody can help a fellow out... Please and thank you. :)

v.much looking forward to getting the Cannonball set... still think Warlock's headpiece looks like a carton of McDonald's fries

Anyone else think Warlock's head looks like an order of fries?

I'm glad someone else said it! :)

v.much looking forward to getting the Cannonball set... still think Warlock's headpiece looks like a carton of McDonald's fries

I'd love to have the magik 2pack. and the Wolvie 2 pack.

But more importantly, now I REALLY want a Hamburgler minimate :(

robble robble

I'd love to have the magik 2pack. and the Wolvie 2 pack.

But more importantly, now I REALLY want a Hamburgler minimate :(

A Hamburgler/Kang two-pack would be the bestest ever!

robble robble

I checked with my Toysrus today and they said they had Brown Wolverine/Dark Magneto. They have it on hold under my name and mom said she'd pick it up for me. So out of wave 9 I'll have Six Armed SpiderMan/Silver Age Lizard, New Mutant Magik/Waelock (exclusive) and Brown Wolverine/Dark Magneto

I found the wave today, and overall, while it DOES have some problems, it's good. I have a few complaints such as my Warlock missing his left hand, and Spidey having two right arms. I do like Lizard, though, and Wolverine is really good in my opinion. Magneto's so SHHHHIIIIIIINNNNYYYYYY, but I wanna know if it's weird that every time I look at Magik, I think of Lady Gaga...Anyway, I don't care for Cannonball or Shatterstar, but they are good looking figures to me.

Found these today as well. Shiny Magneto is much nicer than I was expecting. It almost makes up for the "dark" head that's too tight to fit on the neck peg, or the obvious cut marks on his gauntlets where they removed the flappy things from the AOA Magneto.

The most appaling errors though is the amount of typos and poor writing in the character bios. I can forgive not capitalizing a word or two, but calling him "Magnet" in his own bio? Really?

I got a wolverine and magento pack and it came with black hands does anyone know if they should be brown.

Edited by Scorpion

went out today and nothing here either :(

Still haven't seen any of these either. The guy at TRU said it will 2 weeks before they are restocked. I hope he's wrong.

Probably not. They're gonna wait until after leftover inventory is done for taxes. After that they'll get more stuff in. Avoid being taxed on it this year you know.

Edited by Trekker 42

My TRU (Willow Grove PA) had the remnants of this wave today. Not wanting to go home empty handed I grabbed the Wolvie & Spidey sets.

Am I the only one starting to worry about this wave? My TRU still does not have them and since they cut down to one Marvel Minimate Peg, which is full of left overs from the past 4 waves, I doubt I'll be seeing them anytime soon. What really worries me is a lack of any listing on TRU.com.

Is this wave in low quality? I just saw a warlock and magik go for 35 on ebay. Sadly I wanted two of those.

So let me know how everyone else is doing I really hope to not see a repeat with the Warpath/Angel rarity.