UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pics Robomate. Cheers!

Can you tell me - does Magneto actually come with the flight stand?

mags comes with the flight stand from the heroic age boxset. i was just using that one to display the helmet. also does anyone else have the problem with his "dark" head? for me the hole is to small to fit on neck joints <_<

This wave still uses the same UPC number or something, right?

I went to my local TRU to see if I could maybe find out anything about them getting any in and they mentioned they noticed they had Marvel Minimates on order in the computer, but that they had received these ones previously in September, which I mentioned must have been the Fantastic Four wave...

Nothing to come this week otherwise, but maybe the next week or one after... *sigh*

I wish every wave would somehow end up on the TRU website and make the whole going to the TRU store thing no longer needed.

This wave still uses the same UPC number or something, right?

I went to my local TRU to see if I could maybe find out anything about them getting any in and they mentioned they noticed they had Marvel Minimates on order in the computer, but that they had received these ones previously in September, which I mentioned must have been the Fantastic Four wave...

Nothing to come this week otherwise, but maybe the next week or one after... *sigh*

I wish every wave would somehow end up on the TRU website and make the whole going to the TRU store thing no longer needed.

yeah these are the same SKU as the fantastic four wave. It looks like they are smartening up finally and going to different SKU's for different waves like the other minimate lines, since wave 10 has its own SKU in their system.

yeah these are the same SKU as the fantastic four wave. It looks like they are smartening up finally and going to different SKU's for different waves like the other minimate lines, since wave 10 has its own SKU in their system.

Well that's good to know. Hopefully it'll be this new wave here in the next week or two around here...and I'd guess maybe around the rest of the country. The lady told me that they were going to get smaller trucks from now on too and of course it being after Christmas...toy aisles will be crappy looking til at least February (at least around here it usually is).

Thanks for the pics! I got the X-Force/New Mutants sets with some Christmas money. I really like them, but I don't like how short Cannonball's blast stand is. It's the same height as a normal blast stand, but those connect to the figures' feet. I wish it was a little taller to compensate for connecting to his waist (which I love that it does). I'm hoping to find an extra that I can maybe combine them, or something.

I picked up both TRU exclusives (Cannonball-Shatterstar and Magik/Warlock) from TRU on Christmas Eve. I live in northwest Indiana as well so I'm guessing sniper must have hit the same one as me since there is only one TRU left in the area that I know of. (Not counting a TRU express in a strip mall area). Sorry I haven't taken pics yet.

Hey robomate, I have the exact same problem with my "Dark Magneto" alternate head, it just won't snap onto the neck peg on the torso. Also, the no-claw hands in my set wer black where they should have been brown. Not really a big deal, but wanted to mention it to see if anyone else had the same thing happen.

Hey robomate, I have the exact same problem with my "Dark Magneto" alternate head, it just won't snap onto the neck peg on the torso. Also, the no-claw hands in my set wer black where they should have been brown. Not really a big deal, but wanted to mention it to see if anyone else had the same thing happen.

i forgot to mention that my no claw hands were black to. i used the brown hands from daken

Got the full wave today, my Lizard has blotchy pants and foot won't stay in and my Magneto came with two right arms and no left hand, fantastic.

Stopped by a TRU tonight looking for these and found they'd been totally wiped out at Christmas of just about everything. When I asked when they'd get more stuff I was told it would be sometime after inventory was done next year so they won't really restock for a couple of weeks. How incredibly stupid, considering they were very busy today with people rummaging through what little was left on the shelves.

Stopped by a TRU tonight looking for these and found they'd been totally wiped out at Christmas of just about everything. When I asked when they'd get more stuff I was told it would be sometime after inventory was done next year so they won't really restock for a couple of weeks. How incredibly stupid, considering they were very busy today with people rummaging through what little was left on the shelves.

I had th same thing happen to me. When I asked about the possibility of new mates, the woman told me that she had heard they would not be getting any trucks in all week. Combine that with 20 FF packs on the pegs and I am thinking that this will be the hardest TRU wave ever for me to track down.

My Illyana is certainly a lot more developed in the chest then the other new mutants girls. I was hopeing that she would hae come spare peices to swap out with her armour but I guess not. I don't mind the arm as she looked like that a lot in the book but the leg will annoy me somwhat. I suppose I will have to buy a 3rd box set to put her and doug in uniform. What are the chances do you think of a Magma , Moonstar two pack in the near future?

Thanks for the pics! I got the X-Force/New Mutants sets with some Christmas money. I really like them, but I don't like how short Cannonball's blast stand is. It's the same height as a normal blast stand, but those connect to the figures' feet. I wish it was a little taller to compensate for connecting to his waist (which I love that it does). I'm hoping to find an extra that I can maybe combine them, or something.

I agree. It's also a shame that they never got this stand sorted in time for the boxset. Mind you I imagine every peice in that set is a reuse. I have a fairly small collection and recognised everything but Sam's hair and I would bet it has turned up before.

Edited by Polarboy

I agree. It's also a shame that they never got this stand sorted in time for the boxset. Mind you I imagine every peice in that set is a reuse. I have a fairly small collection and recognised everything but Sam's hair and I would bet it has turned up before.

Yeah - i think it might have been used for Eddie Brock back in the SM3 waves.

And i think most of us who are x-fans are hoping for a Magma/Moonstar 2-pack to round out the sets.

Awesome pics Robomate. Cheers!

Can you tell me - does Magneto actually come with the flight stand?

mags comes with the flight stand from the heroic age boxset. i was just using that one to display the helmet. also does anyone else have the problem with his "dark" head? for me the hole is to small to fit on neck joints <_<

I had a problem getting my dark head on. I had to take off the helmet and the cape piece to get the head to pop on. After that I just slid the cape over and put back on the helmet.

Problem with my Magneto is the paint job on the left leg. Its like the whole figure has a few layers of paint to look nice, but the left one has like 1 layer making it look white/red looking.

I picked up both TRU exclusives (Cannonball-Shatterstar and Magik/Warlock) from TRU on Christmas Eve. I live in northwest Indiana as well so I'm guessing sniper must have hit the same one as me since there is only one TRU left in the area that I know of. (Not counting a TRU express in a strip mall area). Sorry I haven't taken pics yet.

Looking at your location yeah it was the same TRU.

Heard back from TRU online. It's a crap answer:

Dear Mr. Strawbridge,

Thank you for contacting RUs.com and for your interest in the

availability of the Marvel Minimates Series 9.

I've confirmed that this item is not currently carried online, and I

apologize for any disappointment this may cause you. The "R" Us Family

of stores carries a huge assortment of items, and while many of the

items can be found both in-store and online, there are some items that

are simply exclusive to one, or the other. It's also important to note

that while we do make every effort to offer a wide variety of the

hottest new toys and standard favorites, some items sell out quickly and

may be removed from the site.

I understand your interest in Marvel Minimates, so I would like to

suggest checking with your local Toys "R" Us to see if they carry the

item and have it in stock. I've included the link below to help you

find the store nearest you - just copy and paste it into your browser:

http://www.toysrus.com/storeLocator/index.jsp

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at either

of the numbers listed below or just respond to this email. Thank you

again for contacting RUs.com. We value your business and look forward

to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Courtney Williams

Guest Service Team

www.ToysRUs.com (800) ToysRUs / (800) 869-7787

www.BabiesRUs.com (888) BabyRUs / (888) 222-9787

Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!!