UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

365 Days. . .

Nessex

So, i'm a frequent lurker on Facebook. I find myself on there more than is probably healthy (the same could probably be said for this board too ;)). Last year, one of my mates started posting a random photo every day. It was usually just something quirky he had seen that day, but i was always curious to see what the next photo would be.

I liked the idea so much that i decided to start my own photo challenge; the Toy-A-Day Challenge. Mid to late 2009 my toy buying sort of went into overdrive and i found i was buying quite a lot of figures. I decided to see if i could buy enough toys to average out at one toy a day. . . for an entire YEAR!

That was November last year - it's now November this year and my challenge is rapidly coming to a close. I'm a couple of weeks behind, but i'm hoping that a couple of orders i'm waiting on come through in the next week and they just might get me over the line.

The rules were simple - i need to average one to for each day of the year. I avoiding posting duplicates. EG: I have 10 Maddroxes, but they counted as one toy. The only time i have 'doubled up' on a toy was if i bought multiples of a figure to display the character in various 'looks' (eg: Retro & Modern Sentinel. Exploding & Normal T-1000).

Anyway - here are the links to my photo blogs:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/al...mp;id=613442802

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2221...mp;id=613442802

Thought it might bring back some fond memories for some boardies of their own collecting adventures.

Forgive the poor picture quality. I only had my Phone-Camera to work with, and the pics do get less blurry throughout the album.

Enjoy :)

why are you telling us now when it's nearly over. I'd loved to check out your stuff day by day.

You know what . . . . I have no idea? I guess i thought i'd be more impressive if i actually did it and got mysefl 365 toys. I'm always hanging out for more pics online, but never thought about posting mine till just now O_o

Damn, those are nice pics. Any tips?

Wow - thanks man (and thanx for the compliments from everyone else too. It means a lot :)).

Um - they were just taken using the camera on my phone. It's a SonyEricson with a 5.0 megapixel camera. There's a macro funtion on there which i use when shooting the little guys.

I just stand them up on a sheet of white art paper and curve it up so it forms the backdrop and the ground without creating a seam.

And i usually always do it outside when the sun is shining to try to get the light as bright & as clean as i can.

That's about it though.

I've received a couple of mini's and a 1/2 dozen MU figures this week, so stay tuned for updates :)

Edited by Nessex

Facebook ain't where I want to be ,,,,,any chance of a different link please?

Alas - it's published as a photo-album on Facebook. I could relay it on here, but it'd be very pic-heavy (365 pics :P). . .

Would the mods/staff get a bit miffed at all that room being used?

I might try and do a group shot to publish on here once the challange is over.

I'm hoping that your Minimate inventory will increase this week ;)

WOOOOOOOOOT!

I imagine the one-toy-a-day thing can NOT be kind to your wallet (went through something similar a couple years back with my one-rock-album-a-week habit), but I always appreciate seeing the variety and creative presentation involved in other people's collections! Your album was fun to scroll through, and I always smile when people can pull off these kinds of photo challenges.

Good luck on rounding out your year! (And condolences to your savings account I guess :P)

• 2 weeks later...