UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Design Contest Voting Gallery

groundhog7s

Here's all 13 entries that were submitted for the DC Minimate Design Contest. Please pm me your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices for best designs between now and Nov. 7 11:59 (EST). Scoring will be 10 pts. to your 1st choice, 9 pts. to your 2nd and 8 to your 3rd. And no, you can't vote for your own entry. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Here's the choices in the order that they were submitted:

Chemo

by jcastick

jcastick.jpg

Giganta

by Lurch 77

Lurch77.jpg

Mummy Clayface

by darkredshadow

darkredshadow.jpg

BatB Solomon Grundy

by dr baghead

drbaghead.png

Trigon

by Binaryan

Binaryan.jpg

Arkillo

by demonpr

demonpr.jpg

Big Barda

by Robbie

Robbie.jpg

Maul

by vbpanizzi

vbpanizzi.jpg

Dark Knight Returns Batman

by BrobotC

BrobotC.jpg

Colossal Boy

by SErge

SErge.jpg

Atrocitus

by The Geohound

TheGeohound.jpg

Orca

by Goober

Goober.png

Metallo

by Twisted Two-Face

TwistedTwo-Face.jpg

votedsticker1-150x150.gif

And boy!! Was it tough to decide! I narrowed it down to five and then had a devil of a time choosing the top three... and even tougher time ranking those! We should totally be working for DST! Or at least send these designs to the new head of DCDirect to show how many great possibilities there are for a revival of the brand!

Great work everyone!

Ryan

just wanted to drop in and congratulate everyone on their great designs, some lovely stuff here and yet more proof DC mates... like so many other beautiful things, died before their time.

would really have liked to get involved, designing DC mates is right up my street, alas... my week involved travelling up and down the country, and other non-minimate real world nonsense

best of luck to you all

The polls are closed, the results are in and, despite some dangling chads, a clear winner has been decided. As I stated before, all entries did get at least one vote, which made the competion pretty tough, but the overall vote getter was:

Big Barda by Robbie

It seemed at first this would be a close race, but in the end over 70% of the voters chose Robbie's submission as one of their choices and that adds up quickly. Congrats to Robbie, who'll be mailed a copy of the DC Super Heroes Pop-Up book and some mates.

And my personal favorite, which actually ended up in second place in the votes,

Giganta by Lurch 77

Lurch 77 will also receive a copy of the book sent to him. Congrats to the winners, although we're all losers in this one because it's not looking likely that we'll ever see any of these great designs released in plastic form. Thanks to all who participated and voted.

Edited by groundhog7s

A worthy winner, and indeed runner-up. Congratulations guys, and may I echo the sentiment expressed by everyone else here who commented on how strong all the entries were. Thanks for running this Groundhog7s :)