UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Heroes & Adversaries Box Set

Binaryan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he hopes to capitalize on the still somewhat high value of Deadpool before the new one actually comes out and then, presumably, causes the value of the old version to drop substantially.

This can be a smart thing to do. I sold my JLU Obsidian for about $85 dollars a year or two ago even though he was to be included in a new 6-pack... which then sat on Target's shelves until it was clearance for about $7.50. Ignorance was bliss... for me! :thumbsup:

I would say this is all a lethal combination for their exclusive. High priced boxset on a not-as-well known site with expensive shipping (you should look at international rates...) for a set with four previously released Minimates. I think the only thing going for it is that this is still a cheaper route to go if you need that Deadpool. Sadly, I won't be too surprised to see these on clearance at some point.

I'll also throw out that if anyone outside the US wants to save on shipping, just let me know and I can easily be a middle man for you and combine yours with my order.

Edited by groundhog7s

It's really disappointing that they didn't at least give us a new Wolvie in his current costume in this set. No new parts to sculpt, straight tampos. I probably would have bought this set just for that one; now it's a pass.

Yeah, I hear you. I definitely would buy this set if it came with a new Wolverine but I already have all 4 of those figures (albeit in slightly different versions apparently). I'm hoping an updated Wolvie comes soon though, that Astonishing X-Men Wolverine from a few years back doesn't hold up very well to today's mates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Im sort of new to this forum, Ive been watching almost all of the threads, and happened upon this particular one. As usual after a glass of wine, dimmed lights, music to get the groove on and a fancy meal things started to get a little heated up if you know what I mean! I succumbed to my animalistic urges and pre-ordered myself the Heroes & Adversaries box set.

Well I'm getting super excited about filling in that blank spot labeled "Deadpool" on my mantel like everyone else out there in need of said figure. However after a couple weeks I noticed something a little strange, I couldn't find any release date! It was my first time and all, and maybe I was a little too excited that I skipped the info if there were any upon ordering

I've looked around and am having a difficult time trying to find the release date for this set. Would any of you fine lads or ladettes have any info or hints to help me find out, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thank you if you do, and thank you if you dont! I look forward to this relationship with all of you.

With Love,

Lee Sugolf

Hey Sugolf,

We'll get super excited when you fill your mantel hole...

with Deadpool.

Take some pictures and post them of that sweet, sweet mantel getting filled up. Then we can have some wine, dim the lights and enjoy some hot minimates filling up holes... collection holes that is.

bow chicka wow wow

• 2 weeks later...

100 sets of these have hit ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-MINIMATES-EXCLU...=item5196a354a6

Am I being a tad sensitive when I say that their listing looks like it's been written by a lawyer ? I'll give a No-Prize to the person who correctly counts how many times the word 'NOT' is used.

I also note that they stipulate that these are NOT for children under 4 years but the packaging has the words Ages 8+ emblazoned at the top of the package with choking hazard advice for children under 3 years old beneath that!

I'm not sure if their litigation expert is extremely brilliant , a 9 year old or a 9 year old brilliant lawyer?

On the rear of the package I've also read that "Can there be an adversary without the counter point a hero ?" . Now I've read that a number of times & although I can almost see what they're trying to say ......WTF does that mean?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm wondering if they are serious about this listing or not. Are they really trying to sell these for more than they have them on their website? Or are they trying to get the word out that these are in stock? Or are they trying to flood the markey so that no one else will list these except for them?

Edited by groundhog7s

"Can there be an adversary without the counter point a hero ?" . Now I've read that a number of times & although I can almost see what they're trying to say ......WTF does that mean?

It seems to imply that an adversary is a villain. But I'm not sure why they are asking the reader of the box that question. I don't know? I would guess yes, that you could be an adversary to another villain, or just to some guy who isn't a hero. But I'm no expert on adversarialism.

I'm wondering if they are serious about this listing or not. Are they really trying to sell these for more than they have them on their website? Or are they trying to get the word out that these are in stock? Or are they trying to flood the markey so that no one else will list these except for them?

Probably just listed a bit higher because: 1) they have a bigger audience than their site and could probably sell them for more; and 2) to cover some eBay fees, which as discussed elsewhere previously, is a just reason to charge more on eBay IMO (same as businesses passing on taxes to customers).