UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Design Contest

groundhog7s

Hello all,

For my entry I'm submitting Big Barda. I'm pretty sure she should qualify for at least a 2.5 mini as she registers at over 7 feet tall (she's actually taller than Batman and Superman by almost a foot). She could also have a pretty sweet variant but I didn't design it because I figured that would technically constitute two different figures. I did it all in Illustrator so if you folks want a close-up on her face or anything I can blow it up for detailed views so let me know if it's wanted/needed.

I present Big Barda, I hope you folks like her:

5121747182_178c9de92b_b.jpg

Edited by Robbie

these are all amazing! :D so far i know who has my votes :D i was going to enter since i have the perfect character i always want to see but since i have no knowledge of photoshop and compared to the entries ive seen my hand drawn version will not do :P i may still enter it because i reaaallllyyy wanted to see this character happen

After my computer crapping out and crashing Illustrator about half a dozen times since yesterday without me saving, I am finally here in this. I present,

Atrocitus

post-3289-1288490622_thumb.jpg

There's more shading and detail that could have been done, and the collar on the shoulder piece is, well, not really right, but overall I'm happy with him.

Also, demonpr, your Arkillo is amazing. I was actually think of doing him if I couldn't figure out how to make Atrocitus work right. Everybody is turning out some great stuff here. I really wish the DC minimates weren't dead.

Edited by The Geohound

My Killer Croc Minimate tells me he's hungry and that I should fix that problem with this contest.

So I made Orca!

2vk19us.png

I used Graphics Gale for every bit of that... took some time, so I hope somebody gets a kick out of it :D

I'd also like to give my thanks to everybody who made this contest possible! Thanks, guys! And God bless!

Also, demonpr, your Arkillo is amazing. I was actually think of doing him if I couldn't figure out how to make Atrocitus work right. Everybody is turning out some great stuff here. I really wish the DC minimates weren't dead.

It was a toss up between Atrocitus and Arkillo for me too. :biggrin: but I love 'killo just too much. I ordered the entire first wave of Green Lantern Classics mainly because of him.

It was a toss up between Atrocitus and Arkillo for me too. :biggrin: but I love 'killo just too much. I ordered the entire first wave of Green Lantern Classics mainly because of him.

Looks to me like things worked pretty well as far as entry choices go for both of us then.