UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

I'd actually like to see updates of a large portion of that list. Absorbing Man, Spider-Man 2099, Rhino, Kingpin, Colossus, Punisher, and Blade in particular.

I again hope for a 90s Colossus just to complete the 90s X-Men Blue/Gold teams myself...

Otherwise Rhino for sure needs a redo along with the others you mentioned.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything Wave 13 or less, I feel like it's fair game for a redo just to bring it up to the current level of detail... And with so many releases these days, we're still getting plenty of new characters/costumes alongside the remakes.

So redos of the Ultimate X-Men and New X-Men should happen by that logic? Astonishing X-Men being more recent would make sense, but I'd be iffy with the other two myself ever seeing redos (and frankly no hard feelings there)...

...Dang that's a lot...if they were to totally redo anything from wave 13 on back...

Uh, no, I wasn't saying that they should remake every last minimate from Wave 13 down, just that that's the range from which remakes are understandable, given the level of detail then vs. now... Nobody needs a new Spider-Carnage! :)

Those look great, and there should be some nice customizing options for troop building that Hand Ninja!

Not thrilled about the Spidey, but at least he is a new variation...

I haven't been this excited for a theme wave since Wave 28. :)

EDIT: Excitement slightly diminished...just noticed the bulky fist piece they are apparently using for Iron Fist...hopefully that changes with the final product.

Edited by youbastards

Nice selection one thing I find a bit off is DD's smile, I thought he would be mean an moody in shadowlands.

Spidey is ok but I will reserve judgement till I see the costume in comic form Iron Fist is ok the big plus point I see is for customisers here has his mask style until this point has been a variant/exclusive figure only piece so may have been expensive to use.

Elektra doesn't look that different from the original.

As for the Tigers, 2 thumbs way up dont know much on the female but thanks you thank for the classic. and I can see the Hand Ninjas being in high demand.

One thing I just noticed in the description:

"This series includes Spider-Man and Iron Fist, Elektra and the new, darker Daredevil, White Tiger and the exclusive Hand Soldier, as well as the short-packed Classic White Tiger to go with the army-building Hand Soldier."

Could there be 2 different Hand Soldiers? An "exclusive" with modern White Tiger, and the "army-building" with the variant? Maybe the "army-builder" will also be showing up at TRU???

Edited by youbastards

Thanks to DST for not making wait too long for photos.

The Hand Ninja is a great re-use of parts - the Moon Knight hood looks a lot better than I expected it to.

Didn't expect to get the Big Time Spidey costume so soon, but I'm glad we're getting it this wave instead of a "Ninja-Damaged Spidey" variant.

Are those new "wrist blades" on DD, or are they re-using the Nova arm-guard things again?

Thanks to DST for not making wait too long for photos.

The Hand Ninja is a great re-use of parts - the Moon Knight hood looks a lot better than I expected it to.

Didn't expect to get the Big Time Spidey costume so soon, but I'm glad we're getting it this wave instead of a "Ninja-Damaged Spidey" variant.

Are those new "wrist blades" on DD, or are they re-using the Nova arm-guard things again?

hard to tell on the wrist blades but they dont seem to go as far up the arm to me. It also looks like a new mask on DD the horns seem different

One thing I just noticed in the description:

"This series includes Spider-Man and Iron Fist, Elektra and the new, darker Daredevil, White Tiger and the exclusive Hand Soldier, as well as the short-packed Classic White Tiger to go with the army-building Hand Soldier."

Could there be 2 different Hand Soldiers? An "exclusive" with modern White Tiger, and the "army-building" with the variant? Maybe the "army-builder" will also be showing up at TRU???

I believe that DST means that the Hand Ninja is exclusive to wave 38.

What's the deal with that Tron Spidey? Did Spider-man wear such a costume in the SL story arc? If yes, for what reason?

Hi-deftitude:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...esseries386.jpg

Wave isn't doing too much for me, honestly, but I do dig Iron Fist, am happy to have an update to Elektra, and can use the Hand ninja as a GI Joe "Red Ninja." So there's that I guess.

That Spiderman looks ridiculous, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

Bun tyen shung duh ee dway ro...

Seriously. I hate you DST. I hate you. You reissue a perfectly good wave 1 character, and now she looks like crap, and then you reissue an EXCLUSIVE, who also looks like crap? Keep this up guys and you're going to lose me. The marvel universe is HUGE. Stop giving us retreads of old stuff, especially when it's better than the stuff you're giving us now!

Hi-deftitude:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...esseries386.jpg

Wave isn't doing too much for me, honestly, but I do dig Iron Fist, am happy to have an update to Elektra, and can use the Hand ninja as a GI Joe "Red Ninja." So there's that I guess.

That Spiderman looks ridiculous, IMO.

Wow doesn't Hi-Def show all the blips and blots of the prototypes! and the photoshopping.

Wow doesn't Hi-Def show all the blips and blots of the prototypes! and the photoshopping.

Oh yes it does. Really makes me look forward to seeing the actual factory samples to see what they really look like.

But thanks to the hi-defness, I can tell that those are new wrist-blades for DD and not a re-use of Nova parts.

And would it kill them to include a bow and arrow with the ninjas?

Though I'm not really a fan of the Hand ninja (I think it is a pretty hum-drum, generic looking figure), I might army build some of these to re-create some scenes from the classic Wolverine limited series.

3498840149_96fa1fb3e1_b.jpg

We don't usually see all of the stuff that new releases come with in these pictures, so maybe the ninjas will come with some more gear.

It's a pity that they still don't have any hair showing under Iron Fist's mask, or at least have it pulled down further in the back. He looks bald as is.

Hopefully the final Elektra will look a bit better than the photoshopped one in that pic. Is her skirt thing new? I don't remember anyone else using one like that.

Spider-Man is an odd choice in that particular costume. Its great that we aren't getting another retread of the classic red and blue, or a damaged variation of it, but he doesn't even use that costume in Shadowland. They could have saved it for the inevitable Spider-themed wave coming down the line and dumped another Shadowland character in his place here.

I figured the yellow on the sides of Iron Fists's mask was supposed to be his hair. Regarding the Elektra skirt, that seems to be one of the few new pieces shown here (her hairpiece and DD and IF's masks being others I don't recognize).

--edit: I thought Rocky used those IF fists, but apparently not. Are those also new? I'm sure some more anal retentive member will notice others :D --

Edited by karamazov80