UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

Okay, okay, okay, here he is:

post-1943-1288325919_thumb.jpg post-1943-1288325963_thumb.jpg

Like I said, not perfect, but he's recognizable as Quasar, and that's good enough for me. This is actually one of my favorite customs, because Quasar's one of my favorites (I think he's the most underrated character in the Marvel Universe) and I didn't think I'd ever unlock the code to making him. I'd eventually like to make him a little more accurate, but for now I'm thrilled with him (at least until a real one comes out!).

Oh, the little blasty thing in the second picture is from an Iron Man 2 action figure. It's a bit big for a Minimate hand, but fits perfectly over the bracelet.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, okay, okay, here he is:

post-1943-1288325919_thumb.jpg post-1943-1288325963_thumb.jpg

Like I said, not perfect, but he's recognizable as Quasar, and that's good enough for me. This is actually one of my favorite customs, because Quasar's one of my favorites (I think he's the most underrated character in the Marvel Universe) and I didn't think I'd ever unlock the code to making him. I'd eventually like to make him a little more accurate, but for now I'm thrilled with him (at least until a real one comes out!).

Oh, the little blasty thing in the second picture is from an Iron Man 2 action figure. It's a bit big for a Minimate hand, but fits perfectly over the bracelet.

*runs to find parts in his closet and trips over a chair, falls, and keeps going*

• 2 weeks later...
DSTChuck just confirmed on Twitter that Series 38 will be solicited in next month's Previews. Sounds like they barely made it into the solicitation in time!

That is good news! When I saw that tease for Thor in this month's Previews, I was afraid that they would be Series 38. Now that I've caught up, I see they will be Shadowlands based, which again doesn't really have me excited. But it is more interesting that Thor movie MiniMates (though I'm sure they will be cool).

DSTChuck just confirmed on Twitter that Series 38 will be solicited in next month's Previews. Sounds like they barely made it into the solicitation in time!

That is good news! When I saw that tease for Thor in this month's Previews, I was afraid that they would be Series 38. Now that I've caught up, I see they will be Shadowlands based, which again doesn't really have me excited. But it is more interesting that Thor movie MiniMates (though I'm sure they will be cool).

did they tease thor minimates?

Jeff of the Miniacs

I know you're not wrong about the mask but the Target version is one of my favourite Minimates of all time & the best DD version we have had so far .

Daredevil's classic costume is so very simple that mucking about with it just ruins the concept entirely.

He's red with muscles & DD on his chest. In my humble opinion the versions of DD that we have had so far fail badly in the colour plastic they use & if DST can't get the right colour plastic then I wish .....really wish ......they'd paint him the correct/suitable colour. That isn't going to happen though is it???

If the best that DST can do for 'Jubilee' is to tattoo glasses on her face whilst forgetting Brian Braddock's ears, clipping Vulture's wings & forgetting which Angel is the variant then what hope is there for a decent DD?

Little.

Sneak Previews confirms the line-up, but no pictures yet. Plus the recent minimates poster makes the cover of Previews. I am waiting to put up preorders until we see pictures, which should be less than 2 weeks away.

All im getting is a blank page,can you tell us what the line up is?

The front cover of the December PREVIEWS, the comic shop’s catalog, celebrates Diamond Select Toys’ (DST) extensive Marvel Minimates figure line, now the longest-running collector line in toy history. With 37 series of Marvel Minimates already in production, DST continues to build upon its selection of distinct 2.5”-tall figures with the December-solicited Marvel Minimates Series 38. The latest series is inspired by Marvel Comics’ Shadowland comic book series and features Daredevil in his Shadowland costume, Spider-Man, Iron Fist, White Tiger, Hand Soldier, and a limited Classic White Tiger variant.

I'm not sure why the link didn't work. Maybe try going to the Previews World main page and clicking on the article from there.

Maybe these will be more exciting in execution than they are in name. Or maybe there are still too many icons missing from the overall line-up. Whatever, this set doesn't really appeal to me. Thanks to Luke, we've got all the ninjas we need.

Inhumans, Wrecking Crew, Masters of Evil, Negative Zone characters, Brotherhood of Mutants (old and new), heralds of Galactus, heck, I'd rather have the international characters introduced in the Contest of Champions (Shamrock, Blitzkrieg, Peregrine... with Collective Man army builder!).

I don't know anything about "Shadowland", but I've read enough comics to know that whatever the BIG thing is now tends to get reset and/or negated 2 years down the road.

Shadowland? Seriously?

Blah. That should be an idea for a 4-pack at best like much of the major events in Marvel Comics have been in Minimate form lately (Secret Invasion, Dark Reign), not a wave of the regular releases. Hand Ninjas and White Tiger being the only ones that I'd be interested in.

Seriously, a better line up in characters if they needed to make new versions of some characters already minimated for this would be...

Luke Cage/Elektra

Misty Knight/Iron Fist

Daredevil/Hand Ninja

Daredevil (yellow costume variant)

I called the Shadowland Wave back in July ... but I like my line-up better.

I could have done without another generic Spider-Man and think an updated Luke Cage or Elektra would have been a better choice. That said, I'm excited about a new Iron Fist, both White Tigers and the Hand Ninjas.

Speaking of Spidey... does anyone reading Shadowland have any idea how they might make this Spidey unique?