UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

If the line up mentioned is true. I would guess the two White Tigers would be the modern female version and the first one Hector Ayala.

The original has very little tooling needed a blank minimate, tampo's and some Cap Am/X-men gloves and its done. If they where going to go that little further they could sculpt the necklace but its not really need to go that far a tampo will do it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be neat if they'd re-release Iron Fist and Luke Cage as classic versions along with modern ones. That old set, God love 'em, just doesn't hold up well with current mates. A classic White Tiger to go along with the modern one would be keen too.

It'd also be gear to see the Gaurdians of the Galaxy classic. I've been re-reading The Korvac Saga and it really gets me wishing.

Edited by Mystery Man

Which of these would be the current White Tiger?

Definitly B. That's Angela del Toro, a former FBI agent who inherited the Jade Tiger amulet from her dead uncle Hector Alaya, the first White Tiger.

A is from the short-lived Heroes for Hire series in the 90's, and she was an actual white tiger evolved into human form by the High Evolutionary. At the end of the series, she was devolved back into a white tiger, and has never been seen again.

So does that count as official confirmation? Chuck knows better then to toy with us like that, right? Right?

:confused:

My wife says it's like when the quarterback calls you pretty in high school - you want to believe him, but why would the quarterback say that to you?

In this case, I'm willing to believe that Chuck is not toying with us and has given us the inside scoop on the next wave.

Edited by boyd

Didn't Chuck confirm in a previous Q&A (or a convention panel?) that we are definitely getting a release of Daredevil's new Shadowland costume? Since his "tease" about wave 38 only listed one Daredevil, and the whole theme is Shadowland, my assumption would be that we're getting his most current costume, not a remake of the classic red one (though personally, I would love to have updated versions of the red and yellow&black releases from wave 1 to accompany the new Elektra... maybe a correlating TRU pack might be a possible avenue for those?)

So does that count as official confirmation? Chuck knows better then to toy with us like that, right? Right?

:confused:

My wife says it's like when the quarterback calls you pretty in high school - you want to believe him, but why would the quarterback say that to you?

In this case, I'm willing to believe that Chuck is not toying with us and has given us the inside scoop on the next wave.

Chuck and the Quarterback are both after the same one thing only.....

They want the cookies!

(me being English the only thing I know about highschool quarterbacks is from the movies and we all know they are always true to life)

I'm torn on this wave if that was an official announcement.

If it's tron Spider-man and Daredevil and Elektra look good, I'll have to get the whole wave since I want Classic White Tiger and some Ninjas

If it's a basic Spider-man (which wouldn't surprise me since the most recent 3 spidies have been basic spidies there's no reason to stop now), and Elektra and Daredevil are kinda meh (like Armored Daredevil) I'm skipping the wave and just gonna hope that Wolverine:Origins 2 features the hand since it's set in Japan (and, apparently, will 'really make you think') and they'll be the army builder in that wave so I can get some ninjas without having to jump through too many hoops.

Edited by dr baghead

I totally dig this wave if it's the real lineup... bout time for a new Elektra, and I love the fact that they always seem to sneak in an obscure choice, like the original White Tiger. Definitely merits cookies, but they are fortune cookies, and they come with a subliminal message for 2011...

*usetheCapandThormovieexposuretodeliversomemoreVILLAINSincomicbasedlines*

[cough] We need more villainy! [cough]

This morning I pondered what one set would I like to get if I could only choose one.

I think if there was a Kang/Black Knight (Dane Whitman) two-pack I would be just about set for life.

Good one. Also: Howard the Duck and Man-Thing.

This morning I pondered what one set would I like to get if I could only choose one.

I think if there was a Kang/Black Knight (Dane Whitman) two-pack I would be just about set for life.

I think that's my exact one as well, now that I've made a passable Quasar custom.

I think that's my exact one as well, now that I've made a passable Quasar custom.

My runner up would be classic Nova/classic Quasar. Did you use existing parts for your Quasar or paint/sculpt?

My runner up would be classic Nova/classic Quasar. Did you use existing parts for your Quasar or paint/sculpt?

All existing parts:

Hair: Captain Britain

Head: Angel (I think from the Champions box set)

Cape: Dark Avengers Sentry

Chest: Captain Marvel

Arms: Mary Marvel

Bands: Ocean Master

Crotch/Legs: Ultimate Spider Man (this is actually important, because the crotch has a little touch of red you need)

Not perfect, but recognizable as Quasar (in the costume that Greg Capullo designed). His chest symbol differs from CM, but it's close enough. Eventually I'm going to try and make a decal, then paint the cape from a C3 Alt. Superman, but this one works just fine. I'll try to post a picture later.

All existing parts:

Crotch/Legs: Ultimate Spider Man (this is actually important, because the crotch has a little touch of red you need)

Not perfect, but recognizable as Quasar (in the costume that Greg Capullo designed). His chest symbol differs from CM, but it's close enough. Eventually I'm going to try and make a decal, then paint the cape from a C3 Alt. Superman, but this one works just fine. I'll try to post a picture later.

please do

All existing parts:

please do

Great idea! I'm going to have to see if I can get one of those together. If you can post a pic that'd be swell!