UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

When do you expect to hear info about Wave 38? Toy Fair, or sooner?

I am half wondering if they'll move away from traditionally numbered waves, esp. with all the movie product opportunities next year. Between Cap, Thor, and X-Men: First Class, that's at least three waves, with enough characters for six or more depending on how they stagger the goods. You know, waves vs. singles vs. boxed sets.

With so much potential movie product, I'm hoping they'll squeeze in some comic-themed packs based on Cap and Thor at least. As for 38, with 37 being un-themed I can't hazard a guess.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been too long since Marvel Knights has gotten some love, and with Shadowland going on, now would be a great time!

- Modern Iron Fist / Female White Tiger

- Paladin / Shang-Chi

- Shadowland Daredevil / Hand Ninja army builder

- Classic red Daredevil variant / Hand Ninja army builder

Supporting TRU 2-packs:

- Elektra / Shroud

- Misty Knight / Colleen Wing

Edited by youbastards

Spider-Man & Iron Fist

Elektra & Daredevil

White Tiger & Hand

Classic White Tiger & hand

It's too late now for me to have any credibility when I say that I 'knew' that a new Elektra was coming somehow ,somewhere soon.

It doesn't take too much savvy to figure out that we as Minimate fans are progressively getting a redo of most of the early Marvel Minimates & Elektra has stuck out like a sore thumb for ages. Secret Invasion was the golden opportunity to give us a redo ...& the Hand for that matter......but lest said about that box-set the better. Iron Fist is welcome & I'll be very interested to see which White tiger is the Classic White Tiger.

Shame that the Cookie Monster isn't a Marvel licence.

Seriously, though, that's a pretty good line-up:

- Iron Fist - Hard to find character being re-released, probably in his new costume, maybe with new glowy fist attachements as well. Makes me want an updated Luke Cage even more now.

- Daredevil - Has to be in his new Shadowland costume.

- Elektra - Another update of an older Minimate. Great for newer collectors, good for long-time collectors who think Elektra's looking kinda ugly compared to the newer female Minimates.

- White Tiger - obscure character I never thought we'd get! We even get the new one as well!

- Hand Ninja army builders! Who doesn't want an army of ninjas to do they bidding? Daredevil got a ninja army and tried to conquer New York - what will you do with yours?

The downside - another Spider-Man. But considering the theme of the wave, Spidey could look like this:

post-66-1287770438_thumb.jpg

Hmm fun game, can I play???

Here is my guess for series 38.

I think it will be Shadow Land themed and include.

Spider-Man & Iron Fist

Elektra & Daredevil

White Tiger & Hand

Do I win anything if I get it right?? Maybe cookies??

Aaaaaand now we love Chuck forever and ever and ever. Technically i gave you cookies already, do they count?? :lol:

IF this were real, it'd be incredible. I only had BD Daredevil who came missing his billy-club holster, and Armored Daredevil obviously, and quite frankly i'd love to have a real honest-to-goodness red-suited version.

In other words, no Shadowland Daredevil. ;)

I'd kill for a nice Elektra, too. She's a glaring omission for me and her being done right would be the bee's knees.

Spidey on the other hand (pun intended i guess??)...well...yeesh. We're getting him in 37 too!! Unless it's the "Big-time" Neon-lights suit...i don't think we need another.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Hmm fun game, can I play???

Here is my guess for series 38.

I think it will be Shadow Land themed and include.

Spider-Man & Iron Fist

Elektra & Daredevil

White Tiger & Hand

Do I win anything if I get it right?? Maybe cookies??

Good guess fella, but it'll never happen. I'm 95% sure it will be Squadron Supreme.

Hopefully Longshot and Dazzler are included to continue the Outback X-Men.

Yeah - i was thinking (hoping) we might see a Longshot/Spiral 2-pack now that the 6-armed minimate has been unleashed.

Shadowland is worthy though & i'm happy for all the DD fans to be getting these characters.

I'll be satisfied too if one of the white tigers is Angela Del Toro. We need more Lady-Mates.

Edited by Nessex