UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CustomCon 27

boyd

Thank you all for the comments & compliments. The inspiration for these came when I was working on my customs for this year's Charitymates. I had an idea for a fourth robot, one with a giant eyeball head. But as I was working on it, all these other ideas came spilling out and I had created a whole bunch of eyeball robots. I guess it's my tribute to the odd toylines I only half-remember when I was a kid, like Madballs and MUSCLE figures and Robo Force. And a lot of G.I. Joe.

And Buffaloshot may make it in the next wave.

Day 5 brings us one minimate set: 5th Element 'mates by none other than Luke!

These are truly AMAZING. 5th element is one of my favorite movies ever, and Luke just knocked it out of the part. Easily my "set" he's ever made.

http://thefwoosh.com/2010/12/cc27-the-fift...-by-luke-porter

Now Luke, make Ruby with an extra screaming head please! :D

Wow, Custom Con was A-freakin'-MAZING this time around. Usually there's at least one or two things a day that aren't too great, but everything here is impressive. And that guy that makes the steampunk stuff didn't even do anything!

Luke, those Fifth Element Minimates are great... even though I hate that movie. ;)

Thanks guys! :)

Who should I include in a second 4-pack other than Ruby?

Great work Boyd and Jeff, those are some incredible mates!

One of the Mondoshawan & Mangalores would be cool. And Mr Kim with his flying restaurant :D

yeah, one of those! had completely forgotten what they were called, but one of those... certainly. How about Father Cornelius?

Thanks guys! :)

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! Frakkin' INCREDIBLE!!! I would sooooooo buy these!

As for the next set: Ruby, a Flight Attendant, a Mangalore and Father Cornelius.

I think you could also do an alternate Ruby (he had two great outfits), Leeloo in her bandage outfit, Korben in the orange tank and the President or General.

Edited by Binaryan

Wow. The minimate entries are brilliant. The Eyes or MARCH look fantastic. i could see them being a really good seller in the toy aisle!

And the 5th element toys are fantastic. I have to say Zorg is my favourite too! One of the best movie villains ever & you've really done a great job capturing him.

Great Efforts guys!