UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter at Five Below

Shamrock

Dunno if this would call for a new topic, but it doesn't look like it's been mentioned, so here I go anyways.

Had anyone heard of those new-ish stores called Five Below? They're like a dollar store, but slightly higher quality with a price cap of $5 to show for it. Anywho, for some reason they have Street Fighter Minimates in stock for $2.50. They had everyone in Player-1 colors, except for the Lilith variant.

Just thought you guys might be interested

Edited by Shamrock

Maybe DST is prepping us for the unreleased wave! They never said Street Fighter was dead. Someone should ask for the next Q&A.

I've been really into SF recently thanks to Super Street Fighter IV and really wished we got the un-released wave. Heck, I saw a Gulie Minimate on "Guile's Theme Goes with Anything"'s entry on Know Your Memes.

Just wish we could have gotten the awesome Lee Brothers Yun and Yang in Minimate form.

I went to the one near me and sure enough, they had all the 2 packs except Lilith.......thought about getting a pack but I do already have them all plus extras for custom fodder so I didn't see the need for it. I did pick up an HDMI cable though for 5 bucks....not bad there.

Also found one pack of the Single Lego Figures Series 2....kinda surprised to see that there.

One can only hope that maybe they will get in more sets that didn't do so well like Movie Hulk, maybe some Star Trek or even older Marvel sets......who knows, maybe the random DC mate sets that are selling for cheap online.

Edited by jcastick

I had seen SF 'mates at FiveBelow 2 to 3 years ago, and picked up a bunch of M.Bisons for $2.50 a pack (without the cape, and new heads, they make a neat army builder of sorts - I'll post a picture sometime of a bunch of them fighting Cap on a MegaBloks Command Ops set-up).

FiveBelow gets interesting stuff if you're willing to check it out every few weeks for new stock. I have seen 3.75" DC figures (3-packs) for cheap compared to TRU (maybe $5?). Small Lego sets can be a find as well (although not in recent memory).

This is part of the fun, right? :P

Hey Shamrock

Thanks for the heads up on this.

I stopped at the nearest one on my way home from work, picked up two Chun Li / M. Bison sets for $2.50 each.

I'll try to check some others nearby soon (still have some ToysRUs stores to check for BSGs on sale through this weekend).

• 1 month later...

:(

These seem to be gone.

I only found them at 2 stores out of 4 visited (:)).

I recently visited 1 of those 2 and none were left (:().

Any new sightings?