UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sony minimates!

Card here suggests, at least, TRU 2-packs.

Speaking of that picture, I know there are huge fans of that Drake videogame out there, but could a more boring looking character exist?

And God of War would sell better than all the other Sony Minimates together, so its lack of inclusion in this wave suggests to me that they aren't able to use him. Given that there is a crap-load of GOW merchandise available elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if he required a separate, more expensive license to obtain.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sackboy?

-Twisted Metal

and did you know Sweet Tooth is the name of the Ice Cream truck AND the insane murderous clown driving it? Who doesn't want a MAX "Sweet Tooth with Sweet Tooth"? sounds fun to me!

Sweet tooth would be a awesome mate and vehicle,Maybe they are gonna show some at toy fair and come in stores just in time for twisted metal ps3{it would make sense that sweet tooth would be the first twisted metal mate b/c of the game revolving around sweet tooth clowns and doll faces.

For kratos,They will probbably make a wave for god of war considering that it will sell the most.If it was just a kratos 2 pack it would get lots of attention,but a god of war wave,with a bunch of other gods in the wave?That will make fans of mythology pick them up and once the mythology fans pick up some god of war mates,they will probbably pick up more mates,attracting a new group of minimate fans.

Edited by darkredshdow

Feel like God of War, while i'd kill for it and am totally 100% adamant on getting them one day, might be at DCD's door for now. Player's Choice from Neca hasn't done figures in,what, a year or 2??? But DCD is coming out with a whole new line with Kratos and the other Olympians.

I fear we missed the boat on that one. Though with Brewer gone, this ties directly back to....nah i won't say it. ;)

Card here suggests, at least, TRU 2-packs.

Definitely TRU packs. I asked somebody (not Chuck) about these, because they've always said in the past that video games didn't do very well for them, but apparently TRU wanted these. So, all of you that are happy to have video game Minimates, you know who to thank.

Yeah, these are all pretty unrecognizable if you've never played the games. Hell, only Resistance out of the four has a new game coming out.

actually ratchet and clank all4one new game jak and daxter just brought out a game restiances 3 and uncharted 3 is coming in the future so yeah im a video nerd lol

Kellogs?

I don't understand, are you implying that these video games have the equivalent fan-following and demand of Kelloggs? If so, I feel quite a few people may disagree with you...

They look alright, but considering as how some of the developers behind Uncharted worked on the awesome Legacy of Kain series, I know which franchise I'd rather see in minimate form ;)

The only one I would want is Clank, he suits the minimate form perfectly and looks terrific. The rest of them...meh. The Jax & Daxter/Rachet & Clank games were only so-so, figures their minis would be the same!

Edited by Robbie

Sony was kept a secret, but as we all know, Cuck remains adamant that they aren't a video game company. He went in-depth in the process and how complicated video game toys are, and i can see why they've stayed away. No news as to why or why not on God of War.

I thought I would reply here instead of the Marvel Wave 37 thread where that quote was located.

So Sony isn't a video game company meaning we may get other Sony related properties? Like movie Spider-Man? What about DC Universe online? AIBO? Hmmm... Am I looking into something that is not there? Probably.

I interpreted TTF's statement as DST does not want to be considered a company that does video game licenses.

My interpretation is that he can't spell Kelloggs & that he is ,undoubtedly, a cereal killer.

-puffwheatsmate

Except i never mentioned Kelloggs, TM2 did. ;)

And yes, i meant DST isn't a Video Game company, not Sony.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face