UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sony minimates!

Wooohooo dst gots some sony minimates coming!I nneda pick up jack and daxter and rachet and clank.Although JAK looks a bit weird.Daxter looks amazing.The uncharted ones look cool.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

Who are the 2 people at the top of the pic?

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daxter is way too big, generally he's about knee-thigh height on Jax and usually rides on Jax's shoulder-guard. It would be nice if there was a small, solid figure that was sculpted onto Jax's shoulder-guard or could plug into it. Jak looks fine given the camera angles, although I wouldn't mind seeing what his face looks like.

Sackboy? A part of me wants it, but another part of me says it can't be done right. And are the two characters on the top from Resistance? This is a very interesting development. Video game minimates. I thought DST did not want to do them. Sony must have came to them. In general, I don't care for the characters shown but I think I will buy these.

So Microsoft came in with Halo. Now Sony is jumping in with these. Come on Nintendo! You need to jump in the minimate pool too!

Sackboy? A part of me wants it, but another part of me says it can't be done right. And are the two characters on the top from Resistance? This is a very interesting development. Video game minimates. I thought DST did not want to do them. Sony must have came to them. In general, I don't care for the characters shown but I think I will buy these.

So Microsoft came in with Halo. Now Sony is jumping in with these. Come on Nintendo! You need to jump in the minimate pool too!

To do sackboy would have to make tons of new sculpts that would take away from a original minimate body,which I really don't mind as long as they dont screw up.If they can make sackboy,he should come with tons of accesories liike the new max 2 packs have,so you can dress him up as much as you can.I think the 2 top ones are resistance b/c they cant be killzone.HOLY SHIT!I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA FOR SONY MATES

INFAMOUS

This is surprising.

Although sadly it only puts more emphasis on a thought made in another NYCC thread: LCS 2-packs look to be dying. I don't EVER jump on these bandwagons, but with these being TRU too...i have a bad feeling that LCSs might be moving towards 4-packs and Retail might be the only place for the 2-pack sets...

I hope i'm wrong.

Anyway, i don't play Sony Games (and have never had ANY Playstation equipment) so i might only pick up Rachet and Clank. For Clank. Probably Uncharted because i like the concept and have always wanted to play it. But that might be it.

Also, notice Universal Monsters Series 2 says "August 2011" not October. Thank Gods.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Come on Nintendo! You need to jump in the minimate pool too!

Good luck on that one. Outside of barely articulated vinyl figures, Nintendo has done jack crap on the toy front since like 1999. :lol:

I'd love for Konami to jump in on this. Castlevania and Metal Gear mates would be awesome!

Good luck on that one. Outside of barely articulated vinyl figures, Nintendo has done jack crap on the toy front since like 1999. :lol:

I'd love for Konami to jump in on this. Castlevania and Metal Gear mates would be awesome!

...Doesn't Nintendo have both Sonic AND Mario figures, in several formats, out right now at TRUs??????

I'd kill for some Pokemon Minimates. ;)

...Doesn't Nintendo have both Sonic AND Mario figures, in several formats, out right now at TRUs??????

I'd kill for some Pokemon zelda and megaman Minimates. ;)

fixed that for you ;):P

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'd kill for some Pokemon zelda and megaman Minimates. ;)

fixed that for you ;):P

Jeff of the Miniacs

Now now, i grew up with watching that show before going to pre-school in the mornings. :lol:

I admit, if we got Zelda and Mega-Man Minimates, i'd jump for joy too. But only if we got NT Warrior Bass. BOTH versions.

1 inch tall figurines and five-inch vinyl figures with movable arms for Mario. I don't think they even made a Bowser yet. A far cry from the stuff Toy Biz put out years ago, sadly. I'd kill for a 3-inch super poseable Mario/Zelda line like Sonic is getting from Jazwares.

BTW, Sonic is a Sega franchise and Mega Man is a Capcom franchise. Completely unrelated to Nintendo. :P

Sackboy?

I hope Sony doesn't have some weird BS 'split license' like how Mattel for several years could make any Batman/Superman character but the rest of the DC Universe was off limits.

Because I'm seeing a lack of Sony's best games:

-God of War

-Little Big Planet

-God of War

-Twisted Metal

-and of course God of War

the lack of Kratos is like making a Nintendo line and being all like "eh, we don't NEED Mario, not this time" so I'm hoping we aren't seeing Kratos and Sackboy because they're getting stand alone lines and we're not seeing Sweet Tooth because it's a lincense MADE for MAX vechiles and not because they're 'saving the big guns for wave 2' or worse 'didn't want to buy the more expensive license so went for the B-Team'

God of War would be nice because it's an excuse to make 'generic gods', also Kratos is a massive badass who destroyed the world (or at least an entire religion) because he's a self centered asshole, he's just amazing and needs to be made into a minimate! I would buy a standard Kratos, a Gold Fleece Kratos, and Icarus Winged Kratos, an Ares Armored Kratos, a "Rage of Sparta" Clear Blue Kratos, a Slupree Armor 'Blue Tattoo Kratos', and any other variant they want to throw at us...

Sackboy could be done as a slide on mask on a basic minimate body making EVERY MINIMATE EVER a costume piece you can dress him in!!! Marty McSackboy? YES! WolverSackboy? YES! Cannon ones like Daredevil, Kratos, and Ryu?! YES! (well hopefully on Kratos)

and did you know Sweet Tooth is the name of the Ice Cream truck AND the insane murderous clown driving it? Who doesn't want a MAX "Sweet Tooth with Sweet Tooth"? sounds fun to me!

Anybody care to guess how these Sony mates will be solicited? A case of 2-packs or 4-packs. Not sure how DST plans to market these. On another note, glad to see DST offering up video game mates again. I thought for sure SF was the nail in the coffin for them. I know they're doing HALO, but it's a property that's on fire. The other game characters are an odd (but welcomed) choice.