UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC marvel mate reveals!

mrjasontodd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is a awsome Day I aim so excited for everything i see-like a kid in a candy store

I don't think deadpool is 100% the identical to Wave 28 .... The mask details looked a little different

I was kind of bummed that there was no DST Promo exclusive for NYCC

And ya it seemed like every booth selling toys had the AOA minimates

Juggernaut is sick... great minimate

That Excalibur boxed set looks SO damn great! WOW WOW WOW! Now if we can get a bigger green Hulk and gray Hulk (with different heads for hairstyle of your choice) and Rhino we'll be "set" for bigger characters that need re-releases.

The X-Force sets are really cool too, just not huge fans of the characters... but I really like the looks of 'em and look forward to getting them.

That Heroes and Adversaries is good for those that need the Deadpool, but I'll be passing on it.

Man, what cool figures!

That Series 37 is really really making me antsy for their release.

It's the Juggernaut BITCH!!! YEAH!!!

And once I have that Lizard, I think I'll be close to done with Marvel Minis, with the exception of movie releases and Ultimate stuff (if they ever make more of them). They are getting into characters I hardly care about nor do I understand. I have most everyone I wanted (Except Eric O'Grady Ant Man which will probably not happen. Ever), so why bother keeping with the collection?

The Excalibur boxset looks great, though I am a little dissapointed we're not getting one of the more classic memebers like Pete Wisdom. As for the new TRU wave, I can't say it appeals to me much, but they look great for fans.

But on the topic of dropping LCS for TRU, I hate that idea. I'm a UK based collector and find the hoops I have to jump though for just one or two TRU sets a pain. I don't mind it on an infrequent basis, but in the long run I prefer to support Luke and his store.

How did this rumor get started of CBS dropping the Marvel waves? It seems like a lot of paranoia has spread to everybody. How's about we wait for some type of official word from DST before everybody starts jumping the gun. Rest assued that a wave 38 is coming to CBSs. My source is positive. So let's just enjoy all the new reveals popping up at NYCC.

BTW: The Excalibur set is off the hook. I just wish we had a better angled shot of Meggan.

A few more observations:

-the Deadpool face on the side of the box does look different, as Modefan suggests--a bit more mellow than the previous masks. I still think the prices on the older version are gonna tank, though. Assuming this set is widely available (which I believe it will be, given the production requirements for these things)

-I'm hoping that brown Wolvie mask changes. It looks pretty bad, and this is a figure I was really looking forward to getting an update for. What is up with those eyes?

-Shatterstar, as crappy a character he is, from such a horrible comic from a horrible period in comic-dom, looks really really great to me. Just a cool looking figure. As with Abba, we must strive to separate the product from the context.

-Why are Juggie's eyes black? I guess they couldn't get the eyes on the head to line up, and though new eyes on the helmet separate from the head looked bad? In any case, I'm not convinced that this is the best way to go. Hopefully they will tweak this.

-Nightcrawler's face looks great. A worthy update.

-Cap Britain rules, so I'm glad to get another one.

-Just psyched about the overall news here. Some great looking Minimates that make me more excited for the future than I was following SDCC.

Edited by karamazov80

I'll come clean, I am furious because I am beginning to realise why I have yet to see a picture of Magneto in his mask. Has he got one ?

this magneto?

i snagged this picture from another thread

post-3300-1286643810_thumb.jpg

There is another, generic looking Magneto that is apparently being released with brown Wolvie at TRU. I mean, who wants Blob, Toad, Arcade, Pyro, Mastermind, or a multitude of other options when we can have a Minimate that was made and remade several times over basically wearing the exact same costume? Even previously released--with Wolverine--in a TRU 2-pack.

He ain't Spidey, DST. Mags was not needed. :angry:

Well, at least he appears to be the "maskless" variant.

Edited by karamazov80

I'll come clean, I am furious because I am beginning to realise why I have yet to see a picture of Magneto in his mask. Has he got one ?

this magneto?

i snagged this picture from another thread

Star :thumbsup: Happier now. Thankyou.

He ain't Spidey, DST. Mags was not needed. :angry:

Well, at least he appears to be the "mask-less" variant.

Whilst I agree Sam ,I can't emphasise enough how truly stunning the Magneto prototype was at SDCC. Emphasis on the words 'prototype' & 'was' !

I know I know I'm becoming a frigging whingebag but why do DST insist on 'nearly' & 'almost' so often ?

Whilst I agree Sam ,I can't emphasise enough how truly stunning the Magneto prototype was at SDCC. Emphasis on the words 'prototype' & 'was' !

I know I know I'm becoming a frigging whingebag but why do DST insist on 'nearly' & 'almost' so often ?

Apart from all that, however, I have no issue with DST doing an AOA Mags. He has a very distinctive look that differs from what came before. However:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/chars.php?i=57&n=Magneto

3 Magnetos exist in the same look as the apparent forthcoming 2-pack version, and 2 of those were released twice separately. This isn't new for DST, of course, but Magneto?? Really? I see the new one does have new, and completely pointless "big boots," as well as a new cape sculpt that he didn't need.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mod...800&start=0

Edited by karamazov80

XTreme Toys, huh?

Quick Google search says they're an action figure / collectible store in Montebello, CA. Possible store exclusive?

They did an exclusive with SOTA's Street Fighter line back when that meant something... I for the life of me can't remember which one though. I want to say it was something big though, I want to say a Ryu/Sagat 2-pack (quick google search) Yup, they had the Non-Bloody-Sagat-Non-Evil-Ryu standard edition box set.

I bought it on eBay a few years after it came out and wanted to round out my collection (Bootleg Clear Gen, I WILL own you one day and be complete!) so I can't speak of THEIR customer service or if they'll sell to other retails AFX style, but this isn't their first stroll into exclusives, or even exclusives that a pretty much a repack-for-ketchup, so that's something.