UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC marvel mate reveals!

mrjasontodd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to wonder if marvel mates aren't ending, but functionally becoming a TRU exclusive... It's been, what, six months since we heard about wave 37, and we've seen three TRU waves in the meantime.

Kinda wondering the same myself. It feels like the the 2-pack waves have now gone to TRU, with box sets for the comic book stores & conventions?

Starting to wonder if marvel mates aren't ending, but functionally becoming a TRU exclusive... It's been, what, six months since we heard about wave 37, and we've seen three TRU waves in the meantime.

Kinda wondering the same myself. It feels like the the 2-pack waves have now gone to TRU, with box sets for the comic book stores & conventions?

Well, before we panic... keep in mind that this is Day One of NYCC and they often add more to their displays each day to maintain interest/floor traffic. :) I say.... bring it on!

Well, before we panic... keep in mind that this is Day One of NYCC and they often add more to their displays each day to maintain interest/floor traffic. :) I say.... bring it on!

It's also possible that the rumored movie waves next year are playing havoc with their scheduling, and the delay og Wave 38 is the result.

Oh, I wasnt panicking... On the contrary, I've been very happy with tue offerings from TRU, and it seems like they're not shy about opening up the spigot. If LCS waves every 4 to five months went away, but were replaced by TRU waves every 2 to 3 months, I wouldn't complain. :)

Oh, I wasnt panicking... On the contrary, I've been very happy with tue offerings from TRU, and it seems like they're not shy about opening up the spigot. If LCS waves every 4 to five months went away, but were replaced by TRU waves every 2 to 3 months, I wouldn't complain. :)

I would agree with that. But I doubt they would abandon the specialty market waves as they want to continue the tagline 'longest running toy line'. Less frequent, probably. But I really think the F4 wave was to test the TRU waters with an all new wave. If specialty market is less frequent or gone, the TRU waves and the many box sets would keep me more than happy. Plus, I doubt specialty would give us those New Mutants and 90s X-Force figures so soon. I never had any interest in them but they look good.

Those box set figures look like near straight re-releases. . .

Wave 24 Spider-Man & Venom ,Wave 28 Deadpool & Wolverine .

Exciting <_<

To be fair BHM, there's a lot of people missed out on Deadpool in wave 28. I'm really pleased to see them getting another chance at grabbing what is at present a stupidly overpriced minimate.

I will be very disappointed if Marvel Minimates disappear from the speciality market in favour of Toys r Us though.

Man, I'm ridiculously excited for that Cannonball and Shatterstar. Like way more excited than anyone should ever be excited for Shatterstar, unless you're Rob Liefeld.

Or Rictor!

The more I look at these, the more I love them!

- Looks like we get a Doug Ramsey head with Warlock

- Is that a different blast effect for Cannonball than the one that comes with the New Mutants box set?

- Magik has a teleport base!

- Juggy looks great

- Shatterstar's swords are double-bladed!

- Meggan's feet are naked!

One complaint: Why is there no BAMF base for Nightcrawler!?!

Overall, if the final product matches the protos, DST paid great attention to detail on these 'mates. :thumbsup:

While I have never been one to hate on the sculpted parts, that Juggernaut looks alot like the Kubrick Juggy that came out a few years ago.

I'm SO freaking stoked for all of these - especially Cannonball, Warlock, MEGGAN!!!, Shatterstar & Magik. Epic happiness here : :D

- Magik has a teleport base!

One complaint: Why is there no BAMF base for Nightcrawler!?!

Maybe they'll make a purple version of Magiks base for Kurt?

Man, I'm ridiculously excited for that Cannonball and Shatterstar. Like way more excited than anyone should ever be excited for Shatterstar, unless you're Rob Liefeld.

Or Rictor!

I was kinda hoping we'd see a Rictor/Shatterstar 2pack as a little nod to their new friendship.

Or Rictor!

Huzzah! So when will we be getting a Rictor 'Mate?

These are all some very nice looking Minimates. If the TRU deal results in more TRU exclusive waves and specialty themed boxsets, great. (Well, except for that kind of awkward X-Treme "Heroes and Adversaries" set.)

I for one don't want to see the specialty market go away. Being able to pre-order from Luke gives me time to save up for waves. If everything goes to TRU and is pumped out at this kind of pace, I'll be missing out on a LOT of mates :( Besides, it would mean less business for Luke (and others) as well.

BS

Awesome awesome awesome.

I see Juggernaut is using the Stay-Puft feet. I think it'll work better for him than it did for Thing. EDIT: Looking at it again, it actually looks like Juggs has some new feet.

Can't wait to get Nightcrawler and yellow-brown Wolverine...even if his mask looks wonky due to the trippy-looking eyes. I also couldn't help but notice something about the Magneto next to him: Is that a new cape?

And great news about Deadpool buuuuut I don't know if I want to pay $18 to get him and MORE Spider-Men and Wolverines. I'm already getting yet another Spider-Man thanks to the Heroic Age boxset. :lol:

Edited by Brad Redfield

Happy day! XD

Meggan at last! New Juggernaut with bigger build and new pieces galore. New Nightcrawler that uses the Wolverine shoulder pads and saves those of us whom could not get him for a reasonable price from his first release! X-Force members Cannonball and Shatterstar! Magik and Warlock! (squeals like an excited little girl)

Marvel Minimates continues to show why it kicks so much butt.

Now...show us a new bigger build Rhino DST, and ALL will be perfect. X3

To be fair BHM, there's a lot of people missed out on Deadpool in wave 28.

Rob already knows that...because he bought almost all of them.

Not entirely true ;) I buy roughly the same amount of every Minimate release & for every Deadpool set there are about a dozen Riot Spidey sets. Does that need further clarification?

A lot of people missed the Ghostbusters sets first time around but from what I see (on ebay) & hear (here) few people are interested the second time around. They'll sell,of course they'll sell but slowly & surely .....& I never really ever thought I'd say this.........................

Minimates have jumped the shark.

BEAUTIFUL. :)

Warlock and Magik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like they read the New Mutants thread, saw my post, and decided they loved me; they are the two i wanted most. The Doug Ramsey head is amazing for all of us making "depowered" New Mutants too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sculpting and accessories for each look incredible; i hope we don't lose any in translation.

Meggan!!! Juggy!!! Nightcrawler!!! CAPTAIN BRITAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never did i think we'd get ONE CB, but we have TWO!!!!!!! I LOVE this look for him; Fantastic Box Set. :lol:

Can't say i like the Liefeld pack, but i'll pick it up for when i buy the other X-force set. They do LOOK nice and accurate, though i guess that's my major complaint. ;) Damn you Rob Liefeld.

Brown Wolverine is a total waste. I get you all wanted him, and i wanted you all to get him, but you don't deserve that. Here's hoping they just missed a few thingson the prototype and the Final will look better, because that hing is an eyesore. Magneto sells it, so i'll need to pick him up anyway.

I love how this is like the third definitive and amazing Magneto, but we don't have a perfect Dr. Doom yet....they get Erik right almost every time, yet Doom is almost always wrong....

And the Xtreme Toys set. Well, i was just thinking the other day where my Venom went, so i'll have to buy it just for a new one of him. Wolverine looks better too...like the colors are more bold, so that kinda justifies. Spidey still has that awful face and discoloration, so he's a waste. And Deadpool....wow. I'm expecting reactions such as "It's a straigh rerelease of Wave 28 Deadpool!! No fair!!! I had to pay through the nose for that!!!!!" when we reacted like "this X-force Deadpool is so stupid, they should rerlease Wave 28 Deadpool" to the Liefeld one. Hmm.

All in all good show. Can't wait to see them in person Sunday.