UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Heroic Age Box Set

DaveOMac

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My set arrived from TRU.com and I was pleasantly surprised to find it was shipped in an actual box with padding.

Way to go TRU!

Overall I found this set to be disappointing.

Thor is the same with a screaming head so he has all the minuses from before. Iron Man's head looks disproportional with the body due to the slip on mask. Also, the details on the arms are only on one side leaving the rest plain gold. Spidey suffers from the same fate as Iron Man with web-details missing on his arms, legs and torso. If Spidey had full web-details he would have been great. Bucky-Cap is nice since I prefer the partial mask over the slip on version.

Hopefully this will sell well to parents/kids during the holiday season. It seems to be aimed more for them, than collectors.

God...i hate this set....

Bucky Cap is the seller for me; my old one's Mask and Knife NEVER could stay on, and the metallic paint would get dusty way too easily, and ruin the look. Thor is just another Modern Thor, and the new Classic looks MUCH better; that will be my go-to Thor from then-on. Spidey is just a waste of plastic. His proto looked SO much better, and we get another F-and-Fs scenario.

Bleeding Edge was so close. So very, very close. What would have sold is if he had a normal head, like in Stack32's pic (LOVE this :)), but i don't have a Hulkbuster. With this mask it looks so off...i get that it's body armor, but it looks so out of place.

I think i'll be skipping this. May get it for my little cousin though.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Can I make a request to see Hulkbuster's head on BE Iron Man please.

BAIM.jpg

Thanks. This is what I'm gonna do. Defiantly gonna go for a loose BE Iron Man on Ebay but.

very nice! so much less bulky than the slip-on mask.

I was deleting pictures off my computer and noticed that the lack of webbing on Spider-Man's forearms was visible in the pics from SDCC, so I guess we missed it. Also checked out the the SDCC and NYCC pics for the Wave 37 Spidey and it looks like he'll have the same issue.

I was deleting pictures off my computer and noticed that the lack of webbing on Spider-Man's forearms was visible in the pics from SDCC, so I guess we missed it. Also checked out the the SDCC and NYCC pics for the Wave 37 Spidey and it looks like he'll have the same issue.

bummer . . . <_<

• 1 month later...

Don't despair; it appears that there was just that one little run of them on TRU.com and the sets that are popping up in Canada... they haven't even hit yet in US stores. They're in the computer at every TRU I call, so it should be any day.

(Hopes I haven't jinxed it...)

Edited by Lobsterman

I was disappointed that these didn't show up within the month that the Cap 4pack showed up on TRU's website in good numbers. I had to cancel my shop runner trial and wanted some free shipping. Well guess I can use someone elses info to get free shipping.

Also to give a heads up, these look like they'll hit stores in the same quantity so far as the Cap sets. So if you have a smaller class TRU near you, you might be passed over.

I was disappointed that these didn't show up within the month that the Cap 4pack showed up on TRU's website in good numbers. I had to cancel my shop runner trial and wanted some free shipping. Well guess I can use someone elses info to get free shipping.

Also to give a heads up, these look like they'll hit stores in the same quantity so far as the Cap sets. So if you have a smaller class TRU near you, you might be passed over.

Damnations!

Damnations!

Yeah I know. My closest TRU didn't get them in. I got them online. My friend checked and the warehouse for the southeast had like 396 units of the Cap set and like 410 or so of the Heroic Age. I hope these pop back online soon.

So for those in the know: have these already shipped where they're going to ship? It seems odd that I haven't even seem one show up on eBay. I can't imagine they would produce such a low run as to have totally sold through during that small window on TRU.com and in the (seemingly) limited distribution so far in Canada... especially considering that it's a "gateway" boxset with Marvel's heavy hitters. Maybe they're holding it back for next year some time, a little closer to the Thor and Cap movies?