UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Heroic Age Box Set

DaveOMac

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the website it says it is available for in store pick up. if anyone is still looking for you can try this way. it is the only minimate you can do this for.

or you could pm me and I'll send them to you at cost + shipping just to get them out of my tru and make space for newer Minimates.

I found these today at my TRU. They are pretty cool sets of mates.

Some tempo issue to look out for; Spiderman's belt is only printed on one side and his ankle and wrist webs do NOT wrap around :( he does come with a web-line AND web grap hand

Thor is the same as wave 33 just a different head and no middle extender. but does come with a new clear flight stand

cap is similar to wave 25. this time his mask has holes for the eyes and mouth and is done with flat paint.

Iron man is the best of the wave I was originally turned off by this figure for it looked like the he came with a repaint of the iron man 2 helmets, which looked big and odd with no chest piece. this is not the case it is a helmet like the through out the ages set. the paints are bright and shiny and looks great next to the other comic ironmen to come out lately.

over all if you have these figures it may be a pass I had some spare Hanukkah money to blow and i figured this was good. I am pretty happy with the set the ironman looks cool, i like the cap because i was not happy with his old full mask, spiderman is looks cool (even with is missing webs) and i had been thinking about getting another thor.

Saw this at the local TRU while I was out Christmas shopping. The only one that looked good (IMO) was Spider-Man and even then he was missing web lines on the side of his wrists. (...?) The darker blue really does wonders though, it makes the colors stand out. I kinda hope they do that again for a future Spidey.

Edited by Brad Redfield

The Heroic Age sets at my local TRU were all in fine condition, the Captain America packs were another story, a lot of them had ripped up fronts, broken handle tabs and one of them actually was missing the Armored Capt, looks like the Holiday season brought thieves.

Saw these at a TRU (not a local one, just one I was at) and looked at them for about 3 seconds before throwing it on the shelf, picking up Captain America Through the Ages and a Sue Storm/Mole Man pack. Kinda regret the SS/MM purchase, but I think I'm gonna get the rest of the new versions of the FF anyway. That Torch is so much better than the normal one. So is Fantastic. Just Thing and Sue are not that good... Still, I knew if I didn't get Sue I'd never see her again. And they didn't have any of the others.

Anyway, screw this set. I'm goin for the Disney one!

The mint package monkey on my shoulder has to ask anyone who has seen this set. Did anyone see or receive a mint pack of these? I went to two stores and saw crushed packages on all of them. The top of the package where the Spidey image is located all seemed crushed in.

Just to update, this may be a Southern California distribution thing. I visited 3 TRUs all over SoCal that actually had the sets and saw the same symptoms. And these 3 TRUs are nowhere near each other so it can't be one person shuffling them around.

• 4 months later...