UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Heroic Age Box Set

DaveOMac

Some characters I'm okay with being bulked up. Thing, Hulk, Rhino, Juggernaut.

Others, though, like Thor or Hercules I always preferred the muscly but not overly huge look of. See Jack Kirby drawn versions. They were strong and athletic without being too bulky.

In a perfect world the only figures that would be bulked up would be the 2.5 inch characters of Hulk, Thing, et. all.

The 3 inch Giant Man, Goliath, etc. wouldn't need bulking up since the extra height would do the job of making them "gigantic".

In a perfect world. *sigh*

I could buy that if they followed that logic. The new Thor: Reborn mini really bugs me, there was no real reason to bulk him up like they did with his new plastic smock. I don't know, I guess I love the beauty that is the simplicity of the minimates frame...anything that detracts from it tends to annoy me.

Like you said...in a perfect world...*sigh*

I'd really like to like the newer Thor costume as a minimate, but that sculpted smock and the waist-raiser just make it horrible to me. I feel like the character is really a kid at Halloween wearing an inflatable air suit for muscles.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are now in stock here.

Shows as out of stock for me, is this true for anyone else? If so I will have to try and snag them elsewhere.

I'd really like to like the newer Thor costume as a minimate, but that sculpted smock and the waist-raiser just make it horrible to me. I feel like the character is really a kid at Halloween wearing an inflatable air suit for muscles.

Agreed. <_<

Got my Modern Heroic set today!

Group photo, you can see it comes with a webline and alternate capture arm for Spidey!

Thor is just TOO bulky, the disappointment of the bunch. The flight stand is great though!!!

heroic1.jpg

New hair piece for Stark? It looks great!

heroic2.jpg

Bucky Cap is a rehash, but a better facial expression.

heroic3.jpg

I like the new Spider-Man logo on Spidey's back!

heroic4.jpg

Overall, a great set for new collectors, Spidey and Iron Man are the stand outs.

Edited by youbastards

100_0736.jpg

I totally checked this thread, saw nothing, then hurried up to post pics, but somebody beat me to it.

I'll add my two cents on the set. I like it, but the new flight stand was a total miss for me. It only works effectively on characters with no extra parts near their feet, but not for Thor. As it is now, he can't put his feet together, which is what makes it work. Otherwise, this is a nice set.

Edited by groundhog7s

They actually look really good. Am I right in thinking the blue on Spidey is actually black? I know some artists have doing it as red and black and I've been wodnering if we'd ever see that on a minimate.

Not so sure about Bucky's face (the teeth look a bit off to me), but I do like that costume so I may swap the head. The new base for Thor looks great as well.

If anyone's in a position to help a Brit get this, please drop me a message :)

Damn! These things are already out. Love the Iron Man. Looks fantastic. Guess I'm gonna go checking my local TRU every weekend from now on until I find them, unless its like the Secret Wars set that never came here. <_<

Tanks for the pics guys - i kind of like the non-metalic finish on Cap . . . and the sculpted mask too, although the decal looks a little off. . .

I may purchase this one down the track - but it's not a 'Must Have' for me. The flight stand might go well with Storm too (As in Ororo, not Sue :P ). I've got her on top of a Ghost Trap base intended for Slimer at the moment.

The set looks great, with the exception of Thor's boots. I figured they would have slimmed those down from last time. And by slim them down I mean use the Captain Brittain boot pieces and paint the straps on.

Question: Does Thor come with that silly chest block riser?

To bad about Spidey's web detail not going all the way around the backside. IM and CA look great. The stand out piece of the set for me is the new flight base.

Only one I'd be interested in in this set would be the Iron Man simply because it's his most recent armor, though it seems kinda 'meh' to me compared to the previous Iron Mans we've gotten.

Can I make a request to see Hulkbuster's head on BE Iron Man please.

Man those are all pretty crap in my eyes Thor's chain mail doesn't wrap all the way around either. And am I the only one that thinks the chest raiser actually works on modern Thor and he looks like a dwarf with out it.